Popular pixie haircut (pixie) universal, it is suitable for different lengths, hair density, age, and face shape. There are different options for haircuts: classic, with bangs or without it. Depending on the styling, it looks elegant, romantic, bold, but always invariably stylish. But before deciding on such an experiment, you need to consult with an experienced hairdresser or stylist, because it does not go for everyone.
Description of the haircut
Base for Pixies is a half-box, but slightly modified. This haircut similar to the haircuts under the name of the waiter or CESSON. However, pixie differs from these models in that the strands are cut not linearly, but in a cascade. This is noticeable if you look at the haircut from different angles.
A fashionable hairstyle has such characteristic features:
- shortened strands in the temples and nape of the neck;
- elongated crown;
- open neck and ears.
Pixie options are many, they differ in the length of strands in the forehead, temples, nape and ears. Depending on the styling, this hairstyle can be tousled, smooth, wavy, voluminous, etc. If you place the strands correctly, then it looks great from all sides.
On the back of her head, her hair was cut short or machine-shaven. To make the hairstyle particularly stylish and unique, you can shave the patterns on the back of the head.
In most cases, the ears are open, and in the area of the temples, the strands are short. But sometimes girls leave elongated temples.
More often, long hair is left on the top of the head, which creates volume. Some ladies prefer a haircut with a short crown.
The first thing that catches your eye is the bangs. It can be ultra-short, up to the brow line or lower. Most girls prefer oblique bangs. Straight looks elegant and stylish, and torn – bold and voluminous.
Whiskies are short-cropped or elongated. In the asymmetric version, on the one hand, the bangs and temples are elongated, and on the other, they are shorter.
Especially advantageous to look pixie in the profile. In this position, you can see a layered Bang, a lush crown and short (or shortened) hair in the back of the head and temples.
In short versions, the ears are open on both sides, in elongated-strands on the temples cover the tips. Asymmetric pixie on one side bares the ear, and on the other completely or partially covers.
From the side, it is noticeable how the lush crown smoothly passes into short strands closer to the neck. The main length is concentrated in the area of the crown and bangs.
Pixie haircut options
Rixie is very versatile, different versions differ in the length of strands in the forehead, crown, temples and nape. Everything else depends on the styling, which can be changed depending on the mood.
The classic version looks restrained and is suitable for almost everyone. Pixies with an open forehead are the choice of bold girls. However, this modification is not suitable for everyone.
The most popular models are those with bangs up to the brow line and below. It can be straight or oblique. Ragged bangs will give the image of boldness and make the hairstyle more voluminous.
In the classic version, the bangs reach the brow line or slightly lower (up to the eyes). His temples were cut short, and his ears were open. On the top of the head and upper part of the nape of the neck, the strands are elongated, closer to the neck they become shorter. A raised, layered haircut adds volume, which is especially important for thin hair.
The main feature of this model is almost shorn hair in the forehead area. In this case, the short strands are put up. With the help of styling tools, they are laid on one side or back.
Often a pixie without bangs is combined with short temples and a shaved nape. But the option with elongated strands in these areas is possible. Especially extreme is the ultra-short pixie with shaved patterns on the temporal or occipital region.
Pixie with bangs amazes with a variety of options. The ultra-short model is more often the choice of young and energetic girls.
The hairstyle with long bangs that slightly covers one eye looks feminine. More often, fashionistas make a choice in favor of oblique bangs. This is the most versatile and trending option, which allows you to experiment with styling.
Effectively looks straight bangs, which gives the image of severity. And torn strands in the forehead area make the hairstyle more voluminous and daring.
The length of the strands does not reach the brow line, they cover 1/3 of the forehead. Most often, short bangs are combined with short or shaved temples and the back of the head. Sometimes girls leave elongated temples and the top of the head, but the ears are open.
The Bang line is also different: it can be straight, arched, or oblique. The first option is often combined with short temples, the back of the head and slightly elongated hairs in the crown area. A semi-circular Bang looks in harmony with the lush crown and upper part of the nape. A slanted Bang is suitable for both options.
With a long length
Rixie with elongated bangs looks feminine and stylish. This is the most popular option, which can be stacked in different ways.
The main feature is the bangs, which cover one eye, it is always lower than the line of the eyebrows. Strands of the forehead can be of the same length or smoothly transition from short (up to the eyebrows) to longer ones. The ear on one side can be completely closed, up to the middle, or open.
Most often, long bangs are combined with elongated hairs in the crown, upper part of the nape and temples. Closer to the neck, the strands are short, and sometimes shaved.
A variant with elongated hairs in the lower part of the nape is possible. But then the bangs completely cover the ear on one side, and the top of the head is lush. On the other hand, whiskies can be elongated or short.
With a scythe
This is a practical and stylish modification of the pixie. It is distinguished by an oblique Bang line: short strands smoothly transition into long ones. Whiskey is often elongated, although there are short and even shaved (on one or both sides). Strands on the top of the head differ in length: shorter than the Bang line, the same length or shortened to the top of the head. The upper part of the nape is slightly elongated, closer to the neck, the hairs are shortened.
The length of oblique bangs can be different: up to half of the forehead on the shortest section and below the cheek on the longest.
With a tear
With such bangs, the haircut gets an additional volume. It looks creative and stylish.
This style of bangs differs from others in that the master forms strands that differ from each other in length and angle of cut. It can be straight, oblique, long, short or asymmetric. Each option is suitable for a specific face shape and hair texture.
Rixie with torn bangs is combined with elongated, short or shaved temples and the back of the head. The top of the head is always lush, which is a distinctive feature of this haircut.
With this modification, the pixie strands in the forehead area are one long. Such bangs can be up to the brow line and below. It is often combined with ultra-short temples and the lower part of the nape. Sometimes the strands in the temples and closer to the neck are elongated.
More often, the hairs on the top of the head are slightly shorter than the bangs. The original version looks like, in which the strands in the upper part of the head (along its entire circumference) are one long. At the same time, the temples and the lower part of the back of the head are shortened.
This is a graded haircut that has an elongated shape to the sections. Near the face, the strands are elongated, there is volume in the area of the crown and crown. This modification can be combined with a straight or equal asymmetric Bang.
Pixie-square is suitable for owners of straight, thick hair. If the curls are curly, then the master will have to spend more time on milling. Strands near the face can reach up to shoulder level, and on short hair-up to the earlobes.
With shaved temples
In this version, elongated strands on the top and front are combined with short hairs on the sides and at the back of the head. Pixies with shaved temples are the choice of extreme fashionistas.
Masters shave one or both temples at once. It can be just ultra-short strands or different patterns: abstraction, flowers, stars, butterflies, etc. Some fashionistas highlight the shaved area with bold coloring.
With this modification of the haircut, the back of the head can remain intact or also be shaved.
With extra long temples
This option is suitable for round-faced or full girls, as it allows you to stretch the contour and cover the excess volume at the cheeks.
A haircut with elongated temples is perfectly combined with a long oblique Bang. But there are options with short strands in the forehead area.
The length of the temples can reach to the cheekbones or fall below the level of the cheeks. In the classic version, the length of strands on both sides is the same, and in asymmetry – on one side shorter, and on the other longer.
With the back of his head shaved
Patterns on the back of the head will give the image a special extravagance and unusual charm. This variant of rixie is suitable for short and medium-long hair.
The shaved area near the neck can be decorated with an abstract pattern, a drawing in the form of a spider’s web, some animal, inscriptions, etc. A shaved nape can become an extension of a tattoo on the body. It is often combined with one or two shaved temples.
Using different attachments, the wizard can create a variety of transitions, unusual forms and lines of the hairstyle. Patterns on the back of the head are perfectly combined with asymmetric pixie options.
With a long nape
This modification of the rixie is suitable for owners of thick hair. In this case, do not excessively shorten the curls in the back of the head, otherwise the proportions will be distorted. A layered haircut with an elongated nape that reaches to the middle of the neck looks harmonious. But milled strands look better than curls of the same length. An even cut is acceptable, but it should go on one side to a short-cropped or shaved temple.
With a high nape
The main feature of a haircut is that the hair on the back of the head is cut short or shaved by a machine. But unlike the classic rixie strands are shortened not only on the lower part of the back of the head, but also on the top. Elongated curls are left on the top and front of the head.
The length and shape of bangs can be any. Strands on the temporal area are often shortened, although they may cover the ears.
With the strands
Rixie with elongated strands allows you to make a short haircut and not lose too much in length. This model looks feminine and romantic.
Usually long hairs are left in the bangs area. This modification looks especially advantageous with a sideways Bang. The length of strands may be below shoulder level. They merge smoothly into shorter hairs above the ear. This option can be combined with shaved temples and/or the back of the head.
Elongated hair is beautifully combined with a ragged Bang. Long strands can reach eye level and below, or lengthen on the sides.
With your ears open
In the short version of pixie hair in the temporal area is cut short or shaved, so the ears are exposed. The main length is focused on the front of the head. On the top of the head and the upper part of the nape of the neck, the hairs are slightly shorter than on the bangs.
This hairstyle can be combined with elongated temples, while the earlobes are completely or partially exposed. But this option is suitable for owners of beautiful ears.
With closed ears
In longer versions, the ears are completely covered with strands (on one or both sides). It is combined with a long braid, medium or short bangs.
Sometimes the hairs on the upper part of the temples cover 1/3 of the ear or leave only the lobes exposed. The option with a shaved nape or temple (one or two) is possible. In the latter case, the ear is covered with long strands from the top of the head.
With a short crown
In this version of pixie hair on the top of the head is cut short to create volume. This modification is suitable for short hair.
A short crown is combined with very short-cropped or shaved temples and/or the back of the head. Bangs depend on personal preferences: short, up to the brow line or below, oblique, straight, ragged.
With a lush crown
This modification is suitable for hair of different lengths. Due to the shortened crown, the rixie looks balanced and does not violate the proportions of the skull.
Strands on the top of the head are cut short so that they are raised at the roots. Closer to the lower part of the nape and temples, the hairs are shortened. Due to this multilayering, you can get additional volume.
This option is well combined with a long braid or torn bangs. Although bangs can be short or absent altogether.
Rixie is very fond of deconstruction, so you can experiment. Feel free to shave the hair on one temple, leaving a long strand on the other side. Cut your hair short on top of your head, moving the length to the frontal part. Make a ragged Bang, releasing a few strands below the level of the rest. Shave your temples, leaving long bangs and elongated strands on the back of your head.
This is also a modification of the step haircut. A multi-level hairstyle makes thick curls manageable, structured, and thin-voluminous.
Strands of different lengths alternate in the cascade. The shortest hairs are located on the top of the head, and the longest-in the lower part of the nape. This option is perfectly combined with a torn Bang.
When creating this modification, the pixie master uses a layer-by-layer technique: it moves from the lower strands to the upper ones. Usually, the lower locks are left the longest, and each new layer is shortened. In the end, the top layer of hair is milled, which allows you to make a haircut easy and airy.
Unlike other layered haircuts, it is not noticeable that the strands have different lengths. The hairstyle looks restrained and elegant.
This model highlights facial features: eyes, lips, and face shape.
For ultrashort Pixies are characterized by short-cropped or shaved temples, the back of the head. The strands on the top of the head are slightly longer. Bangs are usually absent or very short. This haircut resembles the model “hedgehog”.
Back in fashion pixie in the style of the 80’s. Strands on the entire head are almost the same length, but in the area of the crown they are slightly longer. Bangs are very short or absent.
From the 18th century came the pixie model, which resembles a “Pompadour”. It is a hairstyle with short hair on the sides and at the back of the head and long in the area of the crown and front of the head. Hair is put back.
A great variant of retro rixie from the 70s – the hair in front and on the sides is slightly shorter, elongated strands at the back of the head cover the neck, and a long bangs cover part of the forehead. The hairstyle can be laid back or combed bangs on one side.
Features on different hair lengths
Pixies can be classified according to the length of their hair. When choosing, you need to take into account the original length of curls.
Short variations of haircuts are the most practical and convenient, but not suitable for everyone. The medium-length rixie allows you to experiment with styling. Modifications of Pixies for long hair are suitable for owners of thick hair.
Ultra-short pixie modifications with or without side bangs look extravagant and stylish. This option does not require the skills to properly style the hair, they do not need grueling care.
Distinctive features of the short range:
- the length of bangs is different (up to the level of the chin), strands on the forehead may be absent;
- the hair on the temples is cut short or shaved;
- my ears are open;
- the hair on the back of the head is shorter than on the top of the head.
This model is not suitable for girls with very curly hair.
This voluminous haircut allows you to experiment with the image.
Features of Pixies for medium hair length:
- the length of curls in the forehead area can reach up to shoulder level;
- the temporal region can be elongated or short (on one or both sides);
- the auricles are exposed or closed;
- the back of the head is layered (short or elongated);
- bangs can be present (oblique, torn, elongated, etc.) or absent.
This option looks harmoniously on curly hair.
This model is not performed on hair of an impressive length, so they will have to be shortened. Elongated strands look good if they are thick.
Distinctive features of the long range:
- bangs are there, it can reach shoulder level and even lower;
- the top of the head is voluminous, due to elongated strands;
- temples are often elongated, covering the ears (one or both);
- if long strands are left on the back of the head, they cover the neck.
The Central part of the head can be cut chaotically, but in any case, the length decreases closer to the edging marginal line of the occiput.
Pixie and face shape
To choose the pixie option, you need to approach it seriously. If shortened hair will not look good enough, then it will be extremely difficult to change the image.
An important selection criterion is the shape of the face. The same haircut on a girl with a round and square contour will look different.
The advantage of rixie is that it is multi-faceted, so you can choose an option for any type of face. The type of haircut depends on the length and type of bangs, the luxuriance of the crown and the length of strands at the back of the head.
The main problem of chubby girls – plump cheeks. To distract attention from them, you need to choose an asymmetric elongated Bang. You can also leave long hairs on the temporal area that will reach up to the cheekbones or below. They will help the visual draw out the face.
Also, round-faced young ladies need to take care of the volume in the upper part of the head. On the top of the head, you should cut the hair so that it is lush.
In this case, the girl needs to distract attention from the wide forehead and chin. An elongated pixie with an oblique Bang will perfectly cope with this task. An asymmetric model will help hide the forehead and part of the cheekbones.
Hairstyle with short bangs or without it is contraindicated. This model will only emphasize the peculiar shape and make the forehead even wider.
For girls with a beautiful regular oval face, there are no restrictions, they can choose any pixie option.
Slender ladies will look original with an ultra-short version of the haircut. Full ladies are better off choosing an elongated pixie.
This type of face is characterized by a square jaw and a smooth, heavy chin. To give the image of femininity, correct the contour, narrow the forehead and chin, will help oblique long bangs, stacked asymmetrically. You also need volume on the top of your head. This model will correct the upper part of the face, make the lower part more narrow and elegant.
The opposite option is also possible – a pixie without bangs. Hair should be arranged so that it falls on the forehead, but does not cover it.
Straight bangs should be abandoned, since it focuses attention on the massive lower part.
The main problem with this type of face is a wide, high forehead and narrow chin. A hairstyle with slanted bangs will help hide flaws. Its length can reach up to the earlobe. You should also leave the volume in the area of the top of the head. A great option is a layered haircut with an oblique Bang.
The problem with such faces is that they have broad cheekbones combined with a narrow forehead and chin. Hairstyle will help visually expand the forehead and chin, reducing the width of the cheekbones.
A torn rixie with short or oblique bangs will help to level out the shortcomings. Strands on the forehead will help hide the diamond shape.
Give up voluminous haircuts without bangs. Also, girls with a diamond-shaped face will not fit ultra-short versions.
An elongated face differs from an oval in its elongated shape, high cheekbones, narrow small chin, and high broad forehead. To bring it closer to the oval, you need to choose the appropriate pixie option.
It is recommended to choose a haircut with bangs, which will hide a wide high forehead. The optimal length of strands on the forehead is up to the brow line and below. Bangs can be straight, oblique, torn, voluminously stacked or not.
Excessive volume on the top of the head and ultra-short models should be abandoned.
Who will go, and who will not
Rixie is multi-faceted, so it is suitable for everyone. However, you need to choose the most suitable haircut option.
Important criteria for choosing a pixie modification:
- fullness of the face;
- hair structure;
- hair type.
And fans of such fashionable accessories as glasses, it will be useful to know how to choose the right model.
Young ladies under 35 years of slender physique will perfectly fit the ultra-short version of the rixie. But at the same time, it is important that the neck is elegant and long, and the eyes, lips and cheekbones are expressive.
All other versions of Pixies are also suitable for young thin women. Here everything depends on personal preferences. The main thing is to take into account the other selection criteria and choose a good master.
Ladies over 40 years old should also choose Pixies, since this haircut makes you look younger. A classic version or with a sideways Bang will add elegance. A well-chosen model will focus attention on the features of the face, correct the oval. This haircut is easy to take care of, it takes only a few minutes to style.
Older women are also ideally suited to the classic modification of Pixies with slanted bangs. The option with elongated strands on the back of the head will look harmonious. This hairstyle will make you look younger for several years. In addition, a woman will look stylish, and she will not have to spend much time caring for a new bow.
Ladies over 50 years of age should avoid ultra-short versions of rixie, pronounced asymmetry or bright coloring.
Teenagers are fans of this haircut. It is suitable for girls and boys.
The most popular are asymmetric models with elongated bangs and the top of the head. They are easy to care for, fast and easy to fit, and allow you to experiment with the image.
The most extreme teenagers choose a hairstyle with shaved temples and/or the back of the head. They decorate the shaved areas with various patterns. They often combine rixie with fashionable coloring.
Girls with a thick build can also afford Pixies. However, you need to choose a model that will help hide plump cheeks. You can do this using a multi-layer cascade or skew sections. A lush crown with a short nape will help visually stretch the appearance. Elongated strands will make a large face narrower, more elegant, distract attention from the problem areas.
For a thin face
If the face, on the contrary, is excessively thin, then a pixie with straight bangs, slightly covering the eyebrows, will help to correct the situation. It makes the face shorter. And incorrectly laid side-swept bangs can make it even more narrow.
It is recommended to choose a layered haircut of the cascade type, which will round out the face.
Ultra-short options are better abandoned.
For fine hair
This haircut is an ideal option for owners of thin strands. It implies a multi-layer technique, so it makes curls more voluminous.
Sparse hair should not be milled. To increase the density, you need to create cascading transitions, volume in the area of the top of the head.
For thick hair
If the curls are thick and heavy, then if the haircut is not performed correctly, the hair will stick out in all directions. To get a harmonious look, you need to choose a medium-length rixie, adding elements of the cascade. Curls will look softer if they are profiled. Ultra-short options should be abandoned.
For curly hair
Such hair has scales in the structure of a more elevated shape, they are more tangled, so it is more difficult to choose a haircut for them. In this case, you need to contact an experienced master, who will choose a suitable haircut option taking into account the curl line.
Wavy hair looks great in an asymmetric version of the rixie. This can be a short haircut or an elongated model. The temples and back of the head can be shortened or shaved, and the crown and bangs are longer.
Those who wear glasses
For this haircut, classic, extravagant, and feminine models are suitable. The main thing is that the accessory is combined with a modification of the hairstyle.
It is important to understand that the shorter the hair, the more attention the glasses attract. Therefore, stylists do not recommend combining short haircuts with massive glasses. Although some fashionistas neglect this rule, wanting to focus attention on the accessory. They have the right to do so, as long as the glasses are chosen according to the shape of the face. But in order not to make a mistake with the choice, it is better to first make a haircut, and then buy an accessory.
How to style a pixie
If the haircut is done correctly, then it is easy to style. It is enough to carefully comb your hair after a shower, and let it dry. If desired, you can apply gel or wax to wet strands. You will get a stylish and elegant everyday hairstyle.
If you want something original, then you need to arm yourself with a hair dryer, a round comb (brush), foam or mousse, wax and hairspray. Styling products will help you create the desired styling.
This retro version of pixie is suitable for a festive event. It is performed according to this plan:
- Do a low side parting.
- Apply gel to wet curls, comb through.
- Lay the bangs on one side, forming a wave with the help of mini-clips.
- After the hair dries, remove the clips, spray the hair with varnish.
You don’t even need a Curling iron to create a retro style.
This is the most trendy version of pixie, which is suitable for everyday wear and celebrations.
Stages of creating a layout:
- Make a parting to emphasize the bangs.
- Treat wet curls with foam.
- Lifting the strands with brushing (from the roots to the tips), dry them with a hair dryer.
- Fix the result with varnish.
Unruly tips can be strengthened with wax.
With combed bangs
To create a beautiful and bold volume, follow this pattern:
- Smear the hair along its entire length with gel or mousse.
- Comb the bangs up and back, make the temples smooth.
- Dry it with a hair dryer and spray it with varnish.
For additional fixation, use Invisibles. Secure the strands with them in the nape of the neck.
With a Perm
Medium and large waves will give the image femininity. Creating such a hairstyle is not difficult at all:
- Treat the main part of the hair with foam (wet).
- Dry with a hair dryer, lifting from the roots.
- Select one strand at a time and shape your curls with a Curling iron or curler.
- Spray with varnish.
If the strands are naturally wavy, then you can make a Perm if you lower your head down and squeeze them along their entire length while drying with a hair dryer.
To create elegantly curly large curls with your own hands, proceed as follows:
- Wet hair smear with foam, make a low side parting.
- Separate the strand in the crown area, twist the curlers (from the end to the base). The strand should be slightly narrower than the width of the curler.
- Leave the curlers on your head until the hair is completely dry, or speed up the process with a hair dryer.
- Gently unwrap the curls, adjust with your fingers, fix them with varnish.
If desired, decorate your hair with a beautiful clip.
This styling will not cause difficulties, since pixie already assumes volume. It is enough to treat a wet hair with foam, comb it with a comb or comb with small teeth. Owners of wavy hair can apply foam on their hands, and then distribute it over the strands.
Then straight hair is dried with a hair dryer with a brush, lifting at the roots. And curly hair is dried using a diffuser nozzle, which will not ruffle the curls.
Dry strands should be smeared with a minimum amount of wax and sprinkled with varnish.
To achieve maximum volume, apply a texturizing powder or dry shampoo to the roots before drying.
This option is suitable for the office or festive events.
- Wet strands should be treated with a gel or mousse.
- Do a straight side parting.
- Dry your hair with a hair dryer so that the air is directed strictly along the line of combed strands.
- Fix it with varnish.
If your hair is curly, you can even it out with an iron. But pre-treat them with a thermoprotective agent.
This is a hipster version of rixie, which is preferred by fans of the “grunge” style. Laying is performed according to this plan:
- Smear the strands with a styling agent.
- Blow dry by pulling your hair up. Make sure that the air stream is directed from the roots to the tips.
- Apply a little wax or gel to the temples to lay the individual strands.
- Spray with varnish.
You can create something like a “hedgehog” or “Mohawk”.
With a scythe
You can create a rim from natural hair if the bangs are elongated. Braiding is performed along the contour of the face. You need to apply a little mousse on the bangs and plait a spike or a French volumetric braid (depending on the length). The pigtail should be laid on one side and secured under the hair with an invisible or beautiful clip.
Usually the braid is plaited near the forehead or on the temple. A combination of both options is possible.
With the cook
To create a glamorous hairstyle that perfectly emphasizes the image of a diva, follow these steps:
- Separate the wide strand at the front of the head (it should not be narrower than the forehead).
- Lift it up, make a comb with light movements from the tips to the roots. Please note that the combing must be done from the inside, so that it is not noticeable.
- Wind the strand back, spray with varnish, secure with clips.
The cocoon should be as voluminous as possible, and the remaining strands should be smooth.
If you have shaved or short-cropped temples and long strands on the top of the head and in the forehead, then you need to learn how to do styling ” Mohawk»:
- Moist curls in the Central part of the head smear with foam.
- Comb it up and dry it with a hair dryer.
- Fix the strands with wax and spray with a strong fixing varnish.
Mohawk can be curly, for this purpose, the curls during drying need to be crushed with your hands, lowering your head down.
Hair decor will make the image glamorous and feminine. The area between the bangs and the top of the head can be decorated with a rim, a multi-colored scarf, a ribbon or a bandage. Hairpins with rhinestones or flowers will look beautiful in this place. Also, the hairstyle can be decorated with a miniature hat with a veil, feather or other decorative elements.
Diagram for haircuts
The technique of performing a haircut depends on its variant, but in any case it is not easy, so it is better to entrust it to an experienced master.
Stages of creating a classic pixie:
- Dividing hair into zones.
- Haircut of the lower sector.
- Treatment of hair between the lower-occipital area and the area of the crown.
- Cutting strands in the front zone.
You need to cut your hair wet.
Step-by-step action plan for performing the classic version of rixie:
- Divide the strands into zones. Make a Central and radial parting. Highlight the parietal zone with the help of temporal parting. Extend the temporal parting to the back of the head to form a soft triangle.
- Trim the lower section of your hair. From the top of the triangle, draw 2 vertical parting lines, select the control strand. Pull it off at an angle of 45°, distribute the hair at a right angle to the surface of the head.
- On the control strand, cut your hair from a shorter length to a larger one (from bottom to top).
- Cut your hair in parallel vertical parts. First move to the left, and then to the right until you reach the edge line near your face.
- Highlight the next strand with a parallel parting after 1 cm. The drawback angle is the same (90⁰, 45⁰), Orient it to the control strand. Fingers point up, make a cut from the inside of the palm.
- Trim your strands as you do the grading. The control line is mobile – you need to focus on the previous strand.
- Go back to the Central control strand, cut to the right, not forgetting about the draw angle. But now point your fingers down and move the scissors up.
- Draw parallel parting lines through each centimeter, comb off unwanted hair to the face. Connect the working strand to the control strand, and trim it according to the control line.
- After processing the bottom zone, dry your hair, make a border and perform texturing.
- Make a border on the temple and on the area behind the ear on both sides.
- Perform the neck edging, moving from the center to the edges. Comb your hair up, trim the excess with a typewriter.
- Profile your hair by moving from top to bottom. Separate a 5 cm wide strand, mill it, then take another one below, and so on. Go through the edge line.
- Release the triangle at the top of your head. Wet the parting, make a parallel division on the right side of the triangle, observe the pull-off angle of 60⁰. When cutting, focus on the lower cut hair. Perform the same work on the left side of the triangle.
- Treat the frontal-parietal area. Let down the hair on the front zone, draw a line on the left that is parallel to the temporal parting. Separate the strand, trim it with a drawbar to the thickness of 2 fingers, focusing on the control line (the strand near the occipital zone). Lengthen your hair to the face.
- Draw another parallel line, separate the strand, connect it to the control one, and hold the 45⁰ pull.
- The third strand is cut with a 90-degree pull. Cut your hair as long as you can.
- Then repeat the same work on the other side of your head.
- Dry the parietal area, slightly pull out the hair bangs.
- Profile the strands of the triangle and parietal zone.
It is better to entrust the pixie haircut to an experienced master.
Pixie will become a fashionable accent of the image, if you make a beautiful coloring.
The easiest way to do monotone coloring. Most girls with an ultra-short version of the rixie choose a blonde. Although this color is predominant in other types of haircuts. It is chosen by young girls and women over 40 years old.
Especially stylish look gray hair with this hairstyle. Therefore, ladies over 50 years old can not even spend time and money on coloring or carry out minimal color correction. Beautiful platinum shades are the choice of stylish young girls.
Brunettes with Pixies look more temperamental, but at the same time serious and elegant. Black color is suitable for almost everyone, the main thing is to choose the right shade for the skin tone and eyes.
Red looks very bright on girls with green and brown eyes. Young people often choose bright colors: red, crimson, lavender, blue, green, and so on.
However, monocolor does not look as original as a creative coloring with a combination of several shades:
- Highlighting. It is possible to combine natural shades or bright strands. You can use color to highlight certain areas of your hairstyle, such as bangs.
- The tinting or coloring of hair. This technique allows you to create the effect of faded strands on a light or dark background, smooth color transitions or bright accents.
- Contrast coloring. This is a hair dye in 2 colors. For example, blondes often color the ends of their hair in light tones, and leave the roots dark. This technique makes the hairstyle voluminous, and strands more structured.
- Ombre, Shatush, balayage. The first technique allows you to create a smooth transition from the colored ends to the roots of a natural shade, the second-creating the effect of sun-bleached hair, and the third-horizontal coloring of the top layer of strands.
Any fashionista will be able to choose the appropriate option.
Rixie looks good even when grown up. The main thing is to be able to properly style your curls using styling tools and various tools (hair dryer, curler, iron, curlers, etc.).
If the owner of the haircut has creative coloring, then she will have to visit the master to update it. If you have a monocot, then the procedure can be carried out at home.
Girls who prefer the ultra-short version of pixie will have to have a second haircut in 1 to 2 months. This applies to owners of creative hairstyles with shaved temples and the back of the head.
Difference from similar haircuts
Pixies are often confused with Garcon, page, Gavroche, Tomboy. The first model can be defined by these attributes:
- gradient edge trim line;
- smooth transition at the back of the head;
- sharp sideburns;
- often open ears.
Garson differs in that it has a minimum of fillings, and the back of the head is short. Gavroche is characterized by longer strands on the back of his head and temples than on the top of his head. The page has a more round shape and edging of the haircut. Tomboy is distinguished by a clearer outline of the edging and tanks.
Stylists offer original ideas rixie for different occasions and types of appearance:
- With an elongated straight Bang, short temples and the back of the head – this is the most popular and versatile option. The hairstyle can be arranged in many ways. It looks great in platinum or a more original color, such as mauve, dusty pink, mint, or a combination of shades.
- The ultra-short version with shaved temples and the back of the head looks great with an Arctic blonde or in contrast coloring.
- With an elongated strand and a lush crown painted in the technique of Ombre, for example, light pink with a light brown tint on the roots.
- With shaved temples, elongated bangs and the top of the head. The shaved area shows geometric patterns, such as triangular lines in the neck area or smooth waves at the temples.
- Cascading pixie with bangs looks great on light and dark hair. The tips are cut off intermittently, but the strands frame the face.
- Wavy pixie with short strands on the sides and back. Chic combined with cool or bright shades in contrast coloring.
- Graduated pixie with ragged strands in the face area and an elongated nape. As always, it is good in blonde, pastel shades, for example, lavender, peach, light lemon, mint.
Each of the above options can be highlighted with bright strands in the bangs area. It can be blue with green on a dark background, or orange with pink on a light one.
Pros and cons of pixie haircuts
Rhe has many advantages but without the disadvantages of not done.
Advantages of Pixies:
- Universal, suitable for almost everyone.
- Easy to care for.
- Multi-variable, it can be stacked in different ways (especially the model with an elongated Bang).
- Suitable for thin hair, gives them volume.
- Suitable for almost any hair type.
- Allows you to save on hygiene and styling products.
- This model rejuvenates.
- Emphasizes the features of the face, an elegant neck.
This is a practical and universal option for women of any age, character and lifestyle.
Disadvantages of Pixies:
- Not suitable for girls with small features, full, and those who have naturally curly hair.
- Extravagant, so not everyone decides to make such changes.
- You need to accept that you will not be able to do a ponytail and other hairstyles temporarily, since the hair is short.
- Haircut requires frequent correction, especially in the ultra-short version or with creative coloring.
- A girl with protruding ears is not suitable.
A bold, extravagant, multi-faceted pixie haircut will make the image stylish and unique. The main thing is to choose the right haircut for the face shape, hair type and character. Think a few times before deciding on a short haircut, because it requires frequent correction. But if you decide to do this, then you will bring a note of audacity, fragility, sexuality and femininity to the image.
Source : womaninstinct.ru