Adobe Stock / Arkadiusz Fajer
White (or red) beans
Their strengths: they contain several trace elements which participate in the proper functioning of the immune system and in the fight against fatigue such as do, the zinc and the magnesium. Regarding the latter, a portion of 150 g per week can cover ¼ of the needs. They also provide folate (vitamin B9) necessary for white blood cells, our shield against microbes.
– White beans + thyme or savory, these plants are effective against colds, bronchitis, flu.
– White beans + lemon zest. Lemon contains vitamin C, citric acid and magnesium which have antibacterial and antiviral properties.
GOOD TO KNOW : for people who have trouble digesting them, crushing them and consuming them in soup limits the formation of gas. You can also soak them overnight to soften them and then stew them. Do not salt the cooking water of the beans, this will harden them. Salt them once cooked.
Adobe Stock / FomaA
Their strengths: a small portion of 100 g of iron provides 2.5 mg of non-heme iron when the daily requirement is between 2 and 4 mg for women, and up to 6 mg in the event of pregnancy. The do is essential for the proper functioning of the immune system. In case of lack, the risk of fatigue and infections is increased. Lentils also contain zinc useful to eliminate certain bacteria such as Escherichia coli, according to a scientific study published in the journal Cell, Host and Microbe in 2011.
– Lentils + diced salmon for its vitamin D supply which acts on the development of lymphocytes.
– Lentils + prawns for their copper contribution which has an anti-infectious action.
Adobe Stock / suehana
Its advantages : sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene (more than twice the recommended intake for one serving, i.e. a bowl of soup), a pigment that gives it its color but, above all, strengthens the intestinal microbiota. It is also a source of vitamin B6 which reduces fatigue and boosts immunity.
– Sweet potato + coconut oil which contains lauric acid, stimulating the production of immune cells.
– Sweet potato + shiitake which provides zinc helping to resist winter infections.
Adobe Stock / New Africa
Its advantages : cooked leeks contain non-digestible fibers which are prebiotics serving as food for the good bacteria in the intestine. However, the intestine is the body’s first line of defense in the event of a winter infection. Its other virtues: vitamin B9 and you copper which also strengthen the immune system.
– Leek + egg mimosa which contains vitamin A stimulating white blood cells and the production of antibodies.
– Leek + yogurt for a velvety flavor that combines prebiotics and probiotics.