Highlighting has long been one of the easiest ways to give your hair a trendy touch and make it look more attractive. Many girls highlighted their hair, as they did not know about other dyeing techniques.
Today, highlighting is considered a staining technique that has remained in the past for the following reasons:
- For coloring, a powder is used that damages the hair. The darker the hair, the more dangerous the powder. It simply etches out the natural pigment. This makes the hair lifeless and dry.
- When the pigment is washed out, the hair becomes yellowish.
- After the procedure, the hair requires special and expensive care. If you do not care for highlighted hair, it will just look dull and lifeless.
- When highlighting hair, the color of natural hair differs sharply from the color of highlighted hair. Such transitions are considered outdated and unfashionable today.
New dyeing techniques help achieve a result that is no worse than a simple lightening of the strands.
Alternative to highlighting
Professionals have improved the technique, but have not completely abandoned it. It is taken as a basis, but the process itself is more refined. In addition, the alternative coloring is more gentle and does not harm the hair.
Today there are several techniques that can be great alternatives to highlighting. Here are the most popular ones:
- Ombre is the most common type of hair coloring in which the shades change smoothly. The roots have a natural hair color that gradually changes towards the ends of the hair.
- Balayazh is a new technique that is actively used in salons. Hair is lightened by only 1-2 tones. In this case, this is done not from the very roots, but from the middle of the hair. This makes the transition of shades more natural and smooth.
- Shatush is a technique that is similar to balayage. But at the same time, it has minor differences. Dark hair becomes lighter gradually from the roots to the ends.
New dyeing techniques help girls look modern and trendy. Hair plays in different shades, but at the same time it is natural, there is no strong difference between natural hair and dyed.
The hairdresser will be able to choose the type of coloring that is suitable for a particular woman, even if before that she only did highlighting of her hair.