Have you noticed that Hollywood stars shine and glow with youth even at 45-50 years old? There are a minimum of wrinkles on their faces, the skin is smooth and delicate, and no one will ever give them as much as they really are. It’s not only about cosmetology, but also about nutrition. Many public figures follow the alkaline diet, which produces amazing results. We will tell you what its meaning is, what an approximate menu of an alkaline diet for weight loss for a week consists of, and how the diet will gradually affect your body.
The diet is based on a balance between alkalis and acids
Victoria Beckham has been following the guidelines set out in the book Honestly Healthy Alkaline Program for several years now. Its authors are the famous English chef Natasha Corret and nutritionist Vicky Edson.
The book says that all food is divided into alkali-forming and acid-forming. The former are easily absorbed by the body, therefore it is difficult to replenish from them; these are foods that you can eat during an alkaline diet without restrictions. When you lose weight, there are many waste products in your blood. Then alkaline foods stimulate additional detox, which helps to lose weight and absorb antioxidants that help prolong youth. They should make up about 70-80% of the daily diet.
- Fresh lemon juice diluted in a glass of water. It is better to substitute this drink for tea or coffee.
- Exotic fruit juices: papaya, apricot, guava, mango and pineapple.
- Drink: mix grapefruit or orange juice with lemon or lime in a 4: 1 ratio.
- Fruit in any form
- Vegetable juices: carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, spinach, and onions.
How can the release of alkali be increased?
- Add 3-5 drops of glycotimoline to a glass of water and drink before bed 5 times a week.
- Exercise, be active, and spend time outdoors.
- Experience positive emotions.
Acid-forming products, although necessary to maintain vital functions, their share should not exceed 20-30% per day. If this percentage is higher, digestive disorders are possible.
Acid-forming foods include
- Cane sugar and all products that contain it.
- Almost all types of vinegar, in particular wine and colorless grains.
- Foods with a high content of preservatives, flavors, colors, etc.
- Alcoholic drinks.
What can contribute to acid production?
- Drug overdose.
- Lack of vigorous activity – mental or physical.
- Negative emotions.
- Combining acid-forming foods with one meal. For example, starch and sweets, proteins or fats and meat.
- Some experts argue that alkalizing food can be limited to 2/3 of the total diet.
On an alkaline diet, plant foods can be eaten, but meat should be discarded.
When making a menu for a month, throw away all animal products: meat, poultry, fish (although you can occasionally afford a little trout and salmon), seafood, milk, cheese, eggs, honey. In addition, flour products, white rice, mushrooms, sauces, sweets, coffee, soda, black tea are prohibited.
Examples of Alkaline Weight Loss Diet Menu
Foods on an alkaline diet are not very different from what you usually eat, so you don’t need to spend a lot on them. Here are some of the most effective menus for every day.
- Alkaline vegetables (oregano, basil, lettuce, cucumber) with tofu.
- Oatmeal, buckwheat or rice porridge in unsweetened almond milk with almond pieces, banana and cinnamon.
- Salad with leafy vegetables, boiled lentils, grilled tofu, chopped chicken breast and salmon fillets.
- Vegetable soup with seaweed and soy sprouts.
- Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil.
- Vegetable salad dressed with low fat yogurt
- Chili with white beans, lentils and other alkaline vegetables.
- Small piece of grilled chicken / whole grain loaf
- Banana / watermelon
- Avocado, tablespoon sunflower seeds and light honey appetizer
- Smoothies made from alkaline vegetables or fruits
You can download a table of foods allowed on an alkaline diet, and make your own menu for a week or a month.
Stages of the alkaline diet
An alkaline diet must be followed for at least 3 weeks. Every week you move to a new stage that has a special effect.
The body is cleansed and the pH level is restructured to an alkaline mode. At this time, you can lose up to 4 kg. Dramatic weight loss can cause a feeling of weakness, but toxic substances are actively removed from the body. If you feel too bad, you need to stop, but know that mild illness is the norm.
Stabilization of acid-base balance. Kilograms go away in stages, you feel cheerful again, the feeling of discomfort in the stomach disappears.
At this stage, the weight becomes stable, you feel a powerful surge of energy and lightness. This phase is needed to maintain balance and consolidate the result. You do not need to increase the amount of acidic foods, but do not stop the alkaline diet to keep fit.
Who is contraindicated in an acid-base diet?
People with low acidity in the stomach, diseases of the digestive system in the acute stage cannot sit on this diet. Also, such a diet should not be followed for diseases of the cardiovascular system and renal failure syndrome.
Alkaline diet: reviews and results
The reviews write that this is one of the best options for losing weight. Some nutritionists believe that the value of the alkaline diet is grossly overstated. For example, it is not known how much the gastric environment influences the establishment of acid-base balance and how healthy the diet is. It is assumed that the body itself regulates it with the help of defense mechanisms. Therefore, a violent violation of the harmony with the predominance of alkalis can be harmful to health. However, a diet is often prescribed for psoriasis and cancer, because people with these diseases have a disturbed acid-base balance.
Source : fiteria.ru