Argentum Nitricum: what is this homeopathic remedy?
Bryonia: definition. The homeopathic remedy Argentum Nitricum is made from a chemical substance synthesized in the laboratory: silver nitrate (AgNO3). Traditionally used in photography, silver nitrate is made by bringing nitric acid into contact with silver: a salt is obtained which dissolves in water.
In homeopathy, Argentum Nitricum is especially recommended against anxiety and fears, in particular when these have a negative impact on the digestive sphere. It is thus a homeopathic remedy prescribed against phobias, nervousness and anxiety, but also against stress ulcers, emotional diarrhea and tachyphagia – it is about eating too quickly.
To know. Do not confuse Argentum Nitricum (obtained from silver nitrate, therefore) and Argentum Metallicum: this homeopathic remedy (directly obtained from silver, the metal) is rather recommended in cases of pharyngitis or laryngitis, but also in case of genital pain (ovarian or testicular).
Attention ! Argentum Nitricum is a homeopathic remedy: it is therefore a complementary treatment / adjunct treatment which can in no way replace medical treatment or a consultation with the doctor! If in doubt, do not hesitate to ask your pharmacist or your doctor for advice.
Argentum Nitricum: what are the main indications?
- Aerophagia. In the event of aerophagia with bloating and “burst” belching in connection with a meal taken too quickly, take Argentum Nitricum 4 CH, 3 granules each day before the two main meals until improvement.
- Anxiety. Against the anxiety attacks / panic attacks which are accompanied by emotional diarrhea and a feeling of haste, take 3 granules of Argentum Nitricum 15 CH.
- Aphonie. If the loss of voice is painful (making you think of a feeling of “throat”) take Argentum Nitricum 7 CH, 3 granules 3 times a day until improvement.
- Academic difficulties. If the child is always in a hurry, if he has insomnia and if he has difficulty getting up in the morning, take Argentum Nitricum 9 CH, 3 granules each evening. Add Gelsemium 9 CH (3 granules each evening) if the child also suffers from emotional diarrhea, tremors and / or concentration problems.
- Dyspepsia. After a meal taken too quickly and / or in a rush, take Argentum Nitricum 5 CH (3 granules every 15 minutes until improvement) to relieve the feeling of indigestion.
- Stomach pain. Argentum Nitricum 5 CH is “the” great remedy for gastritis associated with stress, anxiety and / or haste. Take 5 granules 3 times a day until improvement.
- Gingivitis. While waiting for the appointment with the dentist, Argentum Nitricum 9 CH can help in case of gingivitis which worsens when you eat sugar: take 1 dose per week.
- Erectile disorders. Argentum Nitricum 9 CH is intended in particular for anxious men in a hurry who suffer from erection problems. Take 5 granules every evening for 3 months.
- Insomnia. If the sleep disorders are related to anxiety the next day or to the anticipation of important events (for example: in the event of an exam or birthday, in children or adolescents), take Argentum Nitricum 15 CH, 5 granules in the evening and at night when waking up.
- Palpitations. To soothe the heart palpitations which occur in particular after a meal taken too quickly and which are possibly accompanied by bloating and / or heartburn, take Argentum Nitricum 5 CH, 3 granules 2 times a day.
- Phobias. In case of fear of heights and / or fear of heights, Argentum Nitricum 15 CH can help: take 3 granules every 5 minutes during the phobic crisis.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease. Against acid reflux aggravated by the consumption of sweets (candies, cakes, chocolate …), take Argentum Nitricum 5 CH, 3 granules 2 times a day until improvement.
- Dizziness. In the event of dizziness at altitude or in the dark with ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and a tendency to lose balance, take Argentum Nitricum 7 CH, 3 granules every 5 minutes until improvement.
Source : The great book of homeopathy – Dr. Dominique-Jean Sayous, ed. Eyrolles.
Staphysagria: in which cases to use this homeopathic remedy?
Ignatia amara: what does this homeopathic remedy treat and how to use it?
Rhus Toxicodendron: what does this homeopathic treatment cure?