A marble bathroom can be made in several ways:
- Use natural stone… It is beautiful, durable, suitable for wet rooms, but expensive. On the Russian market, almost all the material is imported, we do not extract it – at most they only cut it into slabs and sell it. For walls and floors, 1-2 cm slabs are recommended, for a table top, take a thicker saw cut – 3-4 cm.
- Replace with porcelain stoneware… Robust large-format sheets are an excellent substitute for natural material. Due to the minimum number of joints, the wall or floor will look almost one whole.
- Put marble tiles… In the bathroom, this is a simple option – marble imitation in any format looks interesting. The only negative is the size. If natural slabs or porcelain stoneware can be large, then large tiles are 40 * 40 or 20 * 80 cm.
Whatever shape you choose for your marble bathroom interior, keep in mind: the color of different parts can be strikingly different. This is especially true for natural marble. In the case of marble tiles, to exactly match the shade, choose packaging from the same batch.
What can be finished?
Bathroom marble tiles are often used for wall decoration. Moreover, one color can be used, or a combination of several: the same pattern will unite them into a single whole.
Given that vertical surfaces are the main backdrop, marbled bathroom walls should be in harmony with the plumbing – from the bath to the taps.
The bathroom with marble floor is a classic of the genre, equally well suited for classic and modern interiors. Luxurious cladding is out of fashion and time: having laid the floor with marble tiles, you can be sure that in the near future you will definitely not have to change it.
Marble countertops are another use for stone in a bathroom. If it is made of natural stone, rest assured: your furniture is unique! After all, each cut has an individual pattern of veins.
Advantages of marble countertops:
- Water resistance… Unlike wood, MDF, chipboard, stone is absolutely not afraid of water and will not swell when exposed to it.
- Antibacterial… Bacteria do not grow on the surface – an absolute plus for the bathroom.
- Rich colors… From white or beige to dark – almost black.
On sale you can also find ready-made shower trays made of so-called cast (artificial) marble. They are easy to install, but there are two nuances: the standard shape and size are not suitable for everyone… For the construction of a custom-made pallet, they usually use anti-slip marble tiles – the same ones that are placed on the floor.
What color is it?
The popular bathroom marble is white. Natural breed has both light and dark veins of different lengths – in imitation, producers try to achieve the same effect. Looks expensive, gives the room a touch of luxury. Glossy is considered ideal for small bathrooms.
A black marble bathroom is a sophisticated alternative for spacious spaces. Although the color cannot be called practical: in the shower, for example, on a dark one, traces of water drops will be visible.
You can move away from standard solutions using gray marbled tiles in the bathroom: it is used less often than the first two and looks more original. There are both light gainsborough slabs and dark ones – almost coal.
In addition to monochrome shades, there are various colors:
- Green… The color is due to the admixture of silicates. Shades from barely green to emerald green.
- Beige… A light, warm tone is a great substitute for cold white.
- Blue… More often white with blue veins.
- Brown… The noble shade of agate with a complex mesh of veins looks very noble.
- Red… They do not use marbled look in the bathroom as the main one; they usually decorate accents (countertop, pallet).
In addition to color, you should consider the texture:
- Glossy… Reflects light, visually enlarges the space. Impractical in dark tones.
- Matt… Has a pleasant rough surface, does not reflect light.
- Non slip… They are taken as a floor covering – you definitely will not slip, even getting up after a shower with wet feet.
What does marble look tile work with?
Marble tiles in the bathroom are good in themselves, but stone alone is not enough: therefore, you should learn how to correctly combine with other materials.
To make the bathroom interior cozier, add a warm texture to it: wood. You can use natural wood (in the form of slats on the ceiling, furniture, mirror frames) or imitation of texture (tabletop covered with a film with a pattern, wood-like tiles). The proportions can be any, harmonious option – 50:50, or 70:30 – with more marble.
Modern interiors allow for stylistic oxymorons: when noble marble tiles and brutal concrete coexist in one bathroom. The second will bring a touch of industrialism into the style, “modernize” the design.
Wall decoration with marble tiles or stone from floor to ceiling has long been out of fashion. Today it has become popular to dilute the texture with a monochromatic paint. By the way, if you choose the right shade, the wall panel will sparkle with new colors: it will become more noticeable and stand out.
If the paint is not suitable, but it is necessary to thin the marble-like design of the bathroom, take a closer look at the mosaic. Small surfaces are finished with it: a wall across the width of the sink, a bath screen, a countertop. In bathrooms with marble floors, mosaics are used on vertical partitions.
As for metals, the usual chrome against the background of marble is sometimes inappropriate: in classic bathrooms, bronze or gold faucets are installed, and in modern ones – black or white.
How does it look in the interior?
If the idea of using stone in your bathroom seems tempting, choose one of the following styles:
- Classic… For finishing, choose a beige or white shade of marble, used simultaneously on the floor and walls.
- Empire style… And other luxurious styles like baroque. Light marble texture is combined with dark shades, gold or bronze, antique lamps.
- Modern… If in the first two interiors it is permissible to supplement the already luxurious stone with rich decor (for example, milling on the countertop), then this is not worth doing here. The bright texture itself stands out in the bathroom. Color – white, gray, black.
- Minimalism… Choose a neutral texture with low contrast streaks. You can decorate all surfaces except the ceiling.
- Scandinavian… Here, the details are made in marble: a sink, a shower tray, an accent wall.
Perhaps, nothing more universal and more beautiful than marble for decoration has yet been invented. The secret of proper use is the correct shade, suitable texture, dosage.
Source : design-homes.ru