Blond hair care: prohibitions and rules for blondes
Being blonde isn’t always easy. And now we are not at all about the state of mind, but about the state of … your hair! After all, it is the light curls that are the most delicate, fragile and brittle, and if the blond is unnatural, but colored, then the lightening colors spoil the curls even more than the dark ones. That is why fair hair needs proper care. Here are the main prohibitions and rules that should be followed.
Why do blondes need special hair care?
As a rule, more hair on the head is more common in blondes than in brunettes. Even so, it seems that brunettes have thicker and more beautiful curls. This is because naturally blonde hair is much thinner than dark hair. They are also very soft and rather weak in terms of brittleness. Blond hair, ranging from natural blond to dark blond, can be either dry or quite oily. But if you paint them with paints with a lightening effect, they will become drier and more brittle, split, dull, without any shine or even volume.
Lightening dye is more detrimental to hair than dark color. The thing is that the task of light dye is to destroy the pigment inside the hair, “wash” it, and lighten it. That is why the blond is so harmful to the curls: the hair cuticle opens, the pigment is destroyed, the hair becomes empty inside, and therefore the most brittle and prone to even the smallest mechanical damage.
In contrast, dark dye fills the hair with pigment. This is also not the best option, since artificial chemical compounds enter the curls, which can also be unsafe. But it is in brunettes that curls, due to filling with pigment, look shiny and dense enough. Experts say it’s easier to be a brunette even if you dye your hair. But the platinum curls of blondes do require some sacrifice. Well, if not victims, then at least compliance with certain rules. About them – below.
What products cannot be used by blondes?
Here is a list of products that should not be used by blondes, especially those who use brightening paints.
1. Shampoos to create volume. As a rule, the volume when using such products is provided by a fairly aggressive hair cleansing. Very often when washing you can hear that notorious “creak”. This means that the hair is washed from dirt, dust and grease, but also that it is completely devoid of its protective layer. For bleached hair, the cuticle of which is already damaged, this will further aggravate the situation.
Another point: volumizing shampoos wash out pigment, again thanks to aggressive cleansing. And if bleached hair is protonated, say, in platinum or ash color, after a couple of washes it will become yellow and dull.
2. Texturizing styling products. Most styling products are designed to change the structure of the hair to create a particular hairstyle or style. These are foams and mousses, varnishes and sprays, means for straightening curls or for curling them, all kinds of gels, etc. Unfortunately, they dry out the curls very much, which is contraindicated for bleached blondes. If you often need to apply styling products, be sure to pay attention to restoring curls with moisturizers and nourishing masks.
Another point: despite the fact that styling with a hot hairdryer is considered quite aggressive and harmful, it is still better to add volume or style the curls with it, than to use an abundance of styling products.
3. Home masks and natural cosmetics. It is believed that there is nothing better than natural and organic. And a mask with egg yolk will be just right for nourishing weakened hair. But not in the case of the blond! Yes, if you have natural light or light brown hair, you can try homemade products as well. But for a clarified blonde, you should still use professional cosmetics.
Blond, especially light and platinum, as well as coloring such as ombre or balayage are still very “capricious” in terms of color. And natural masks can ruin the shade (especially cold tones) that you’ve been trying to achieve in one application.
What rules should be followed when caring for blonde hair?
There are a few more taboos and prohibitions worth remembering. And also the basic rules for the care of light curls, which are definitely worth following.
- Heat-laying will not be prohibited if you follow all the safety nuances. Wet curls should be very carefully blotted with a towel and dried with a hairdryer. After they are completely dry, you can use a straightening iron or curling iron. But it is imperative to monitor the temperature: if a value of over 200 degrees Celsius is permissible for brunettes, then blondes cannot cross the line of 180 degrees. And don’t forget about thermal protection!
- But you will have to forget about the corrugation and fleece to create volume. Especially about the fleece! If a curling iron for small corrugation can still be used to create volume at the roots from time to time, then the bouffant should definitely be abandoned. This rule is important not only for blondes, but especially for them. The volume at the roots, as we said above, is best created by blow-drying. For this, use special volumetric brushes with natural bristles.
- Now for the perfect color. First, choose an experienced master who knows exactly how to color and understands how not to harm your hair. Secondly, after lightening, strictly follow its care recommendations, use those lines of cosmetics that are created specifically for light hair. They not only have active ingredients for intense nourishment and hydration, but also do not harm the pigment and the selected tone.
- As a rule, lightening the curls by several tones inevitably leads to the appearance of red or yellow pigment. This is a real scourge for all blondes who aspire to be platinum or ash. After lightening, the hair must be protonated with ammonia-free paint or a tint to neutralize yellowness and give a cold shade.
But this cool shade must be maintained at home, in between going to the salon for coloring. That is why we are talking about specialized lines of cosmetics for blondes. And shampoos, and balms, and masks from these series usually contain blue or purple pigment, which neutralizes reddishness and yellowness.
Author: Tatiana Maltseva
Source : mylitta.ru