A woman of any age is beautiful and unique, each is individual and distinctive, each has its own type of skin and the concept of how to properly care for it. Looking at herself in the mirror, a 40+ woman is not always satisfied with her appearance: more and more wrinkles cover her delicate face, it shines less and less, the pores are wider. Cosmetologists recommend that mature women include anti-age products containing hyaluronic acid in their main daily cosmetic care. Experts consider cosmetics with this magic ingredient to be a panacea in the battle for youth and freshness. However, why it is necessary after 40, and whether it is needed at all, each lady has the right to decide for herself.
Age-related skin changes after 40
Of course, one cannot discount the influence of the external environment, the daily routine, diet, lifestyle in general. But significant changes in appearance are associated with the internal transformation of the skin at the cellular level. In order to understand what exactly the skin is deficient in and how to help it, you just need to know what changes occur to it after 40 in order to develop a strategic plan for the fight:
- hormonal disorders: a decrease in the female sex hormone estrogen, which is responsible for regeneration;
- decrease in adrenaline and cortisone, which activate blood flow;
- dehydration of the skin: dryness, tightness, decreased activity of the sebaceous glands;
- decreased production of hyaluronic acid.
What is Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid is an intercellular substance, which is a mixture of organic gel with water. This polysaccharide is the basis of connective tissues, epithelium and nerve fibers. Acid is a conductor of toxins outside and nutrients inside the skin and subcutaneous layer. It transports fluid into cells and removes waste products.
“Hyaluron” is found in connective tissues, dermis, bones, joints, muscles, even saliva. With its lack, the skin begins to experience a deficiency of moisture and nutrients. Moreover, acid cells are able to assess individual needs and adapt to conditions. Only closer to 40 years, the synthesis of polysaccharide slows down, the skin begins to lose its elasticity and firmness properties. Insufficient moisture leads to discomfort and wrinkles.
The role of hyaluronic acid in maintaining youth is invaluable. The main thing is that it is responsible for the process of self-rejuvenation of the dermis, the synthesis of collagen and elastin. In addition, a valuable quality of “hyaluronic” is the unique ability to attract and fix moisture inside the cell, preventing the liquid from evaporating.
However, there are external causes that naturally reduce the production of hyaluronic acid:
- ultraviolet exposure;
- lack of vitamins obtained from food;
- imbalance in the daily routine;
- load and stress;
Why you need to use a cream with “hyaluronic” after 40
The balance of hyaluronic acid in a woman’s body weakens and decreases with age. Beauticians and pharmacists came to the aid of the ladies. Today, miraculous acid is included in beauty care products. And beauties with mature skin with the first signs of aging have a great opportunity to help themselves look young and radiant. Therefore, a woman 40+ should take cosmetics with magical hyaluronic acid in her beauty arsenal in order to feel positive changes and the effect of rejuvenation with their help:
- Moisturizing and nourishing. Interesting fact: 1 gram of hyaluronic acid is able to retain more than 5 liters of liquid, creating a thin, durable film on the skin that prevents water loss. The action of “hyaluronic” helps the skin to maintain its firmness and elasticity.
- Smoothing out fine wrinkles and adding radiance by artificially filling the voids of the dermis.
- Protection from UV rays and free radicals.
- Regeneration, acceleration of wound healing. Ointments and creams containing hyaluronic acid soften and smooth the skin, stimulating the healing of scars, cracks and wounds.
- Cosmetics with hyaluronic acid are an excellent make-up base that evens out the surface and skin tone. They are suitable for women with sensitive skin and do not cause allergies.
A face product with hyaluronic acid should be on the dressing table of every woman 40+, and it is better to pamper your face with a full-fledged care complex. And then no man can resist her charm.