It’s time to understand what the problem is
Do you wash your hair every day, try not to use weighty styling products, do not overdo it with oil for the ends, and your hair is still greasy the next day after washing? You can get rid of this problem if you identify a cause-and-effect relationship.
Frequent washing, contrary to popular belief, does not make your hair cleaner. The body compensates for the loss of sebum, which we wash off with shampoo and other care products, by producing several times more of it to protect the hair from drying out. Pay attention to what you wash your hair with: the hard composition of tap water is often bad for the cleanliness of your hair.
Genetics or hormonal causes
The characteristics of the body are different for everyone, this is influenced by congenital (genetic) causes and individual changes in the body. What has been inherent in us since birth cannot always be eliminated completely, but even this can be regulated with the help of the right care for a particular type of hair and scalp. As for hormonal changes, they can be associated with factors such as gender, age, chronic and acquired diseases, pregnancy, stress. Even the smallest disturbances in the balance of substances can lead to excessive production of sebum. For example, puberty hormone surges or pregnancy are temporary conditions that require special care. For example, during pregnancy, you should not use products containing parabens, which can harm the fetus. And stress also entails a whole string of problems that affect beauty and health.
Frequent contact with headgear
Wearing a hat, cap or any other headgear affects the cleanliness of the hair: with regular contact with foreign materials, the hair becomes greasy much faster. In hot weather, frequent contact with a Panama hat or hat inevitably leads to the fact that within a few hours after washing the hair loses its freshness. And in winter, the hairstyle not only quickly deteriorates due to wearing a hat, but also terribly electrified. In this case, choose hats made from natural fabrics with breathable lining and natural insulation.
Incorrect hair drying regimen
Long contact with a towel leads to the opposite result: the hair loses a significant amount of moisture, compensating for the deficiency with abundant production of sebum. The same happens as a result of using a hair dryer with an incorrect drying regime: excessively hot air negatively affects the condition of the scalp. To prevent the build-up of excess sebum, it is best to use a cool air mode or skip the hair dryer altogether.
Fatty and spicy foods directly affect the production of sebium in the body. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is essential to keep your hair from getting oily too quickly. Give up fast food, fast carbohydrates, limit the use of fatty meat and dairy products.
Climatic conditions affect hair and scalp as much as water quality. Frequent travel can cause prolonged stress on the hair, as well as difficult acclimatization. Even indoors, hair is exposed to different temperatures, not to mention humidity and air pollution.
Oily scalp and hair: how to care?
Choose special products for your hair and scalp type, take vitamins to regulate hormonal processes, and my head is right. Try to do this no more than once every two days. In addition, purchase a shower head barrier filter to improve the quality of the water, and finish the washing process with a stream of cool water. The lukewarm water closes the pores, which stops the skin from producing too much oil.
- Give up a hair dryer, a hot curling iron and a long seat in a towel. Let your hair air dry naturally, even at room temperature.
- Replace the plastic comb with a wooden one. The tree perfectly absorbs not only water, but also excess sebium from the skin.
- Pull your hair in a ponytail, bun or curl it: this will keep your hair looking fresh for much longer.
- If possible, avoid contact with hats, give preference to natural fabrics and touch your hair with your hands as little as possible.
- Oily scalp and hair: how to tackle the cause of excessive pollution
- Eat only healthy unsaturated fats that the female body needs. Unsaturated fat is an omega-3. Omega is found in salmon, avocados, seeds and nuts, and vegetable oils. These fats are essential for the proper functioning of the body, and unlike saturated fats, they do not provoke excessive sebium production. Replace your burger with a handful of almonds and your hair will thank you!
- Put your body to the test: get tested for hormones, explore the closest branches of the pedigree and find special personalized care in consultation with a trichologist or therapist. In rare cases, it is necessary to fight with oily hair with medication.
- Watch your sleep and rest, try not to get nervous, and in case of severe psychological upheavals, be sure to contact a psychologist.
- Try to control the indoor climate: too much dryness, as well as excessive humidity, can disrupt the work of the sebaceous glands. An air humidifier and controlled heating will save the day.
And remember: the condition of your hair and scalp is primarily a reflection of your inner health!