Elos rejuvenation is a popular non-traumatic procedure developed by Israeli specialists. Its efficiency and safety are top notch.
The technology that has become revolutionary has spread throughout the world. Today, Elos devices are present in all leading cosmetic clinics.
What is the Elos rejuvenation procedure
The Elos technique is based on a unique combination of two types of energy – bipolar electrical (RF) and laser (IPL). It is carried out by means of a cosmetology apparatus consisting of a radiation generator and a munipula (handle) that concentrates energy with light.
As a result of the synergy between high-frequency current and broadband light, a very deep effect on the skin without injury occurs.
Elos equipment is capable of operating in three main modes:
- IPL + RF is a combination of broadband light and radio frequency electricity.
- IR + RF is a combination of broadband light and infrared light.
- Diod Laser + RF is a combination of broadband light and diode laser.
Each mode can be adjusted according to the degree of intensity.
The device is mainly used to rejuvenate the face and other problem areas of the body.
Due to the simultaneous exposure of the skin to high-frequency current oscillations and light radiation, it is possible to affect the middle dermal layers. It is in these layers that two main components of our skin’s youth are synthesized – collagen and elastin.
The main advantage of Elos rejuvenation over other well-known methods is its effectiveness, comparable to injection cosmetic procedures, but more gentle and painless.
The technology has the following effects on the skin:
- Stimulates cell renewal.
- Enriches the dermal layers with oxygen.
- Improves blood circulation in small vessels and capillaries.
- Promotes the regeneration of intercellular tissues.
- Accelerates the production of collagen and elastin.
- Normalizes the lymphatic system, eliminating puffiness.
- Accelerates metabolic processes in the subcutaneous tissues.
- Regulates the formation of free radicals.
- Restores optimal water-fat balance.
- Strengthens cell membranes.
Due to a wide range of effects, a powerful rejuvenation process takes place – the skin of the face is tightened, fine wrinkles are smoothed out, rosacea is reduced, and the turgor of the dermis is improved.
The procedure is indicated for women and men between the ages of 25 and 50. It can be used as a prophylaxis against aging and to eliminate existing problems. In some cases, Elos is prescribed to patients under 25 years of age.
The main indications for Elos-rejuvenation:
- Enlarged pores.
- Couperosis (spider veins).
- Wrinkle formation.
- Pigmentation, freckles.
- Decreased turgor.
- Ptosis (drooping of the face).
- Vague oval.
- Nasolabial folds, creases.
- Scars, scars, acne marks.
- Sagging skin.
- Dull, uneven, unhealthy complexion.
- Stretch marks (on arms, legs, abdomen).
The earlier you start doing Elos facial rejuvenation, the further you can push back age-related changes and signs of aging.
The course consists of 4-7 sessions held at intervals of 3-5 weeks. The schedule of visits is made individually, depending on the characteristics of the patient’s skin, problems and desired results.
The technique is carried out only during the periods of lowest solar activity – in autumn, winter and early spring.
The Elos device has a high degree of safety, but the procedure itself is not devoid of contraindications.
You can not use Elos when:
- Availability of pacemakers.
- Certain severe cardiovascular diseases.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Serious endocrine disruption.
- Infectious diseases.
- Chronic diseases in the acute stage.
- Autoimmune pathologies (lupus erythematosus).
- Skin diseases.
- Taking certain medications.
- Any damage to the skin in the area of the procedure.
- Feeling unwell, regardless of its etiology.
Before carrying out the technique, it is necessary to consult a doctor in order to avoid negative consequences.
To achieve the best result and reduce the likelihood of negative effects, Elos technology requires preparation.
Patients preparing for the procedure are advised to:
- Avoid sunburn for 10-14 days. When going outside on sunny days, use a protective cream.
- For 3-5 days, exclude peels, scrubs, the use of brushes and washcloths when washing your face.
- For 4–5 days, reduce the consumption of foods that can cause irritation and allergies (spices, sweets, smoking, spicy foods).
- 3 days before the procedure, do not visit baths, saunas, do not take hot baths and avoid any heat effects on the skin.
- Do not make cosmetic and other injections into the intended area of exposure for 7-10 days before the session.
- If hair is present in the selected area, it must be removed.
During the consultation, the patient can receive individual recommendations for preparation.
How is the procedure performed
Electric and laser Elos facial rejuvenation takes place in this way:
- The specialist cleans the skin with a special product and cotton pads.
- A conductive gel with a cooling effect is applied to the entire affected area.
- Protective goggles (against laser flashes) are put on the patient’s eyes.
- The device is tuned to the desired range, and the master begins to drive through problem areas.
- After the procedure, a soothing mask is applied to the skin. After 15–20 minutes, the patient can leave the office.
On average, a session takes 45-60 minutes. Most people feel painless. Slight discomfort and slight indications can be felt in the most sensitive areas of the face or body. The latest models of the Elos apparatus are equipped with a built-in cooling system. After each outbreak, an anesthetic fluid is applied to the dermis.
Immediately after the procedure, the skin looks red. In rare cases, slight swelling is present. Redness and swelling completely disappear within half an hour.
How to care for your skin after the procedure
To achieve the desired result and to avoid negative consequences, after the session, you must adhere to the rules:
- Do not apply decorative cosmetics on your face for 24 hours after the session.
- Do not use alcohol-containing lotions and other aggressive cosmetics for 3-4 days.
- Do not cleanse the skin with scrubs and peels for 5 days.
- Do not have any invasive and heat effects on the dermis for a week.
- Protect the treated skin area from UV radiation.
Don’t expect instant results. Elos rejuvenation is a cosmetic technique with a cumulative effect. The cycle for the production of new collagen fibers is 21-28 days. Tissue regeneration and cell renewal in the dermis also take 5-15 days.
Visible changes appear only a month after the first session. We can talk about the final effect 2-3 weeks after the last procedure of the course.
In rare cases, Elos rejuvenation causes unwanted side effects:
- The formation of hematomas.
- Persistent redness.
- Inflammatory processes.
The reason for such negative consequences can be various factors – incompetence and mistakes of a specialist, non-compliance by the patient with the rules of skin care, ignoring contraindications, individual reaction of the body.
In order to avoid such complications, it is necessary to contact only trusted specialists with the appropriate education and skills. You should also follow all the doctor’s recommendations and refuse the procedure if there are contraindications.
What is the Difference Between Elos Rejuvenation and Photo Rejuvenation
Elos rejuvenation is often confused with photo rejuvenation. Photo-rejuvenation procedure, very similar in its action, is based only on light flashes. The Elos apparatus combines light and current.
The Elos technology was created much later than photographic technology and is a more advanced method.
Traditional photo-rejuvenation, in contrast to the more modern Elos technique, has a greater number of contraindications and side effects. Elos acts more carefully and gives better results.
The average price in cosmetology clinics for the Elos-facial rejuvenation procedure is 3,000-7,000 rubles.
The average cost of photo rejuvenation is 4,000–7,000 rubles.
The cost of one area (cheeks, forehead, chin) ranges from 1,000 to 2,500 rubles.
Elos facial rejuvenation is an effective modern technology to maintain the beauty and health of the skin. Its effect lasts for 8-14 months. For long-term results and progressive prevention of aging, it is advisable to take Elos courses every year. Unfortunately, the technique is not available to everyone due to its high cost.
: Larisa Tsareva,
Useful video about Elos rejuvenation