Saggy skin on the hands can ruin the appearance of even the most harmonious body. Let’s understand the causes of the problem and how to solve it.
Reasons for sagging skin
Why does the skin on the hands sag:
- Dramatic weight loss… Any rapid weight loss is accompanied by sagging skin, including on the arms. This happens due to the fact that when losing weight, not only fat deposits are removed from the body, but also fluid, which is important for skin elasticity.
- Genetic predisposition… In women with an apple-shaped body, the problem of sagging skin of the hands is more common than others. It is in the hands that the most fat accumulates and they lose weight more slowly.
- Passivity… Lack of physical activity and a sedentary lifestyle.
- Improper nutrition and metabolic disorders… Fatty high-calorie foods, non-compliance with the norms of daily water intake leads to dehydration of the skin, which entails a loss of elasticity of the dermis.
- A tan… Ultraviolet rays do not have the most beneficial effect on the skin. Excessive passion for sunbathing and tanning beds can provoke premature skin laxity.
- Age changes… Saggy skin of the hands is one of the main problems of older women. Over the years, the body loses useful elements and moisture, in addition, hormonal changes occur, due to which the dermis loses its firmness and elasticity.
Loose skin of the face and body – we restore elasticity and youth
If the skin on your hands is saggy, you should take a comprehensive approach to solving this problem. You need to start by reviewing nutrition and adding physical activity.
Effective exercises for tightening the skin of the hands
You can tighten the skin of your hands at home with the help of simple physical activity. It is recommended to start your workout with a warm-up. This will help prepare the muscles and reduce the risk of sprains and ligament damage.
Since we are interested in physical exercises for the hands, we start the warm-up with the wrists.
Warm up before hand training:
- Make 10-15 circular motions with the brushes in different directions.
- Bend your arm at the elbow joint and make 10-15 rotational movements in a circle. Make sure to rotate from the elbow, not from the shoulder or wrist.
- Perform warming movements for the forearm and shoulders – lifting and lowering the shoulders, swinging your arms from side to side, as well as circular rotations back and forth.
This short and simple warm-up is enough to get your arms ready for the saggy skin-fighting exercises.
One of the most effective exercises for saggy arms is a push-up. Performing it is not easy, especially for an untrained person. Do not expect that the first time you will succeed in doing everything perfectly, weakened muscles will not let you do this.
Fitness trainers recommend starting with a simplified version: push-ups from a bench or chair. You should gradually move to the floor. It is the push-ups from the floor that are considered the most effective in strengthening the arms.
Do not chase after quantity, it is better to do fewer approaches, but work out each one efficiently. For a start, 10-15 push-ups a day are enough. Later, the amount can be increased to 2-3 approaches.
Useful video on how to do push-ups correctly
Technique for doing push-ups for lifting the arms:
- Lie face down on the floor.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart and straighten. That is, raise the body so that it forms a straight line. Try not to bulge your buttocks too much, they should be on a level with your back and legs.
- Bend your arms slowly and smoothly until you touch the floor with your chest. Then again raise the body, straightening the arms, return to the starting position. You should descend at the exit, ascend while inhaling. When performing the exercise, the shoulders should remain stationary, only the arms work.
Dumbbells are required for the exercise. The recommended weight for beginners is from 1.5 to 3 kg. Curling the arms with dumbbells works effectively on the biceps and helps to remove sagging skin on the arms.
It is performed as follows:
- Stand up straight, pick up dumbbells, put your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise the dumbbells to the chest, while bending your arms only at the elbows, the shoulders should be lowered and motionless.
- Perform the exercise in 3 sets of 15 times.
Useful video with hand exercises
Exercise # 3
Another effective dumbbell lifting exercise that engages all the muscles in the shoulder girdle.
Starting position, as in exercise 2. But only arms with dumbbells, bent at the elbows, are raised to shoulder level. Squeezing is done up.
Make sure your back is straight. The movement must be repeated 15-20 times per approach. Over time, the number of approaches can be increased to 3.
Slimming hand exercises that you can do at home
The plank is an exercise for both beginners and experienced athletes. Engages all muscles in the body. The plank helps to strengthen the abs, legs, back, and of course tighten the loose skin on the arms.
Despite its simplicity, the exercise is not easy. It is necessary to keep the body on the arms and legs in a horizontal position for 10-30 seconds in several approaches.
Starting position – lying on the floor, face down. Then raise the body parallel to the floor so that it forms a straight line. Hands and feet are shoulder-width apart, rest on the palms and toes.
Helpful video on the saggy hand plank
There are several options for performing the plank: on outstretched arms, on the elbows, side plank. The most difficult to perform is the classic plank on outstretched arms.
You will need dumbbells to complete this exercise. The main load falls on the triceps, therefore, it perfectly helps to get rid of sagging skin on the arms.
- Take the starting position – standing, feet shoulder-width apart. Grasp one dumbbell with both hands. Raise your hands above your head.
- Smoothly bend your elbows and swing the dumbbell behind your head as much as possible. The movement is carried out only with the help of the elbow joint, the body is motionless.
- It is necessary to perform 2-3 sets of 10-15 movements each.
Doing this exercise regularly will help to effectively tighten the loose skin on the inside of your arms.
Useful video with exercises for toned arms
The next exercise for its technique is called the “butterfly”. It strengthens the muscles, if they are weak, and the skin on the arms is saggy – you need to do the exercise with dumbbells.
- In a standing position, tilt the body forward so that the upper body is parallel to the floor.
- Lower your hands with dumbbells.
- Swing your arms to the sides and swing it behind your back as much as possible. From the side, the movement resembles the flapping of the wings of a butterfly, hence the name.
- To achieve the result, it is necessary to do several approaches 10-15 times.
Reverse push-ups are a highly effective exercise for triceps. To complete it, you will need a chair, which must be placed behind the trainee’s back.
We take our hands back and put them on the edge of the chair. Raise the toes and rest only on the heels. In this position, we begin to go down and rise only with the help of bending our arms. It is recommended to do 2-3 sets of 15-20 times.
Effective and easy exercises for beautiful hands
These exercises for tightening saggy skin on the hands are basic. They can have several options and vary individually for each person.
All complex exercises for sagging skin for the upper arms should be selected based on physical fitness and the desired result.
There are several tips to help you improve your workout performance:
- Regularity. If you want to achieve an effective result, then you need to train regularly. The best option: 3-4 times a week.
- Time and duration. If possible, training should be carried out in the morning. If you can’t find free time in the morning, you can exercise at any convenient time 1.5-2 hours after eating. The duration depends on age and physical fitness, on average from 30 to 60 minutes.
- It is recommended to do the exercises smoothly, especially if you are a beginner. The loads and the number of approaches should be increased gradually. After each workout, there should be a feeling of pleasant fatigue, and not the feeling of a squeezed lemon.
- With each exercise, the power load should occur on exhalation, relaxation – on inhalation.
By following these simple recommendations, you will not only be able to see the desired result faster, but also not harm your health.
The same gymnastics is needed for the arms so that the skin does not sag during intense weight loss.
How to quickly tighten sagging skin on your hands
The most effective way to tighten saggy skin on your hands is physical activity in the form of regular exercise. But an integrated approach will help solve the problem.
How to tighten saggy skin after losing weight
Strengthen the action of training and accelerate the tightening of the skin of the hands:
- Cold and hot shower.
- Proper nutrition and drinking regime.
- A visit to the sauna or bath.
- Wraps to combat sagging skin. They can be done in salons or at home.
- Moisturizing and lifting body products.
- Massage – classical massage, vacuum, roller, anti-cellulite. The choice depends solely on personal preference.
Dealing with saggy skin is difficult, but possible. To achieve a lasting result, you will have to work hard. Regular exercise, proper nutrition, skin care – all these actions will help tighten the sagging skin on the hands.