Taping is a procedure that helps smooth out wrinkles and tighten facial contours. It is also called patch lifting, or kinesio taping.
This method is good for its “bloodlessness”. Rejuvenation takes place without surgery, after which there are no scars on the face. Taping now occupies a significant place in non-surgical cosmetology.
How face tapes work
Tape is a special adhesive cotton or silk tape. It is glued to the problem area of the face that needs to be rejuvenated. The structure of the tape is harmless, it can not be removed from the face for a long time.
There are different types of tapes, the most popular are tape and face patch. Their physical properties are very similar to those of the skin. For this reason, contact of the tape with the skin is completely harmless.
Using tapes is simple, you can easily learn it at home. The tapes are applied to the problem areas of the face, wait a while, after which they are removed.
Thanks to the effect of the tapes on the skin and muscles, metabolic processes in the tissues of the face are restored and stimulated.
If you use facial tapes correctly, it will give great results:
- circulation of blood and lymph will improve, muscle spasms will be relieved;
- swelling and swelling will disappear from the face;
- overstrained muscles will relax, due to which wrinkles and creases appear;
- due to the smoothing of the skin, the eyebrows will become higher;
- forehead wrinkles will be smoothed;
- wrinkles from the eyes will disappear;
- the nasolabial folds will decrease, as well as the folds at the mouth;
- cheekbones will become higher;
- the second chin will become less noticeable.
As a result, the whole face will be more toned, fresh, and as a result, it will look younger.
With the help of tapes, it is possible to remove edema, but such a procedure does not cure the diseases that cause them. Sooner or later, the swelling may recur. Therefore, along with taping, it is recommended to deal with the treatment of its causes.
It is impossible to apply rejuvenation tapes, there is:
- skin diseases – papillomas, warts, eczema, fungus;
- inflammation of the trigeminal or facial nerve;
- head trauma;
- vascular disease, in which the brain is poorly supplied with blood;
- disturbances in the functioning of the immune and endocrine systems;
- nervous and mental illness;
How to use tapes correctly
Correctly gluing tapes on the face is a whole art. However, he is easy to learn.
To remove wrinkles, folds and swelling from the face, it is necessary to perform 3 stages of the procedure:
- Wash your face thoroughly so that no fatty substances remain on it. Dry the skin.
- Stick the tapes on your face.
- Gently peel off the tape after 1-8 hours, depending on the depth of the wrinkles and folds or the amount of swelling you want to remove.
These are general rules for taping, but in addition to them, you need to know a few additional conditions:
- The tapes should be glued without stretching them, otherwise the skin can be stretched along with the tape.
- Do not allow folds on the tape, as a rash may form under them.
- If itching is felt under the tape and does not go away for more than 15 minutes, it is better to remove it, as this may indicate an allergy to the material from which the tape is made.
- There is no need to strain the muscles of the face when wearing the tape, this can adversely affect the result.
- After removing the tape, wash your face with warm water and soap.
- Do not apply the tape to your face too often. The ideal interval between sessions is three days, the skin needs to rest.
- You need to wear wrinkle tapes for at least 30 minutes. If the wrinkles are deep, the tape can be left on overnight.
Tapes are glued on the face according to the schemes, depending on the problems and age.
30-40 years old
The tape is glued to the lips and cheeks. Such an arrangement of the tape will tighten areas of the face, smooth out folds at the nose and lips, and rejuvenate the skin.
After 40 years
In addition to the cheeks and lips, it will be correct to stick the tape over the eyebrows, on the nasolabial folds and on the chin. This will help remove wrinkles around the eyes and face, as well as tighten the skin on the neck.
After 50 years
Tapes should be applied all over the face.
How to choose face tapes
It is better not to take tapes used by athletes. They are too tough. For the face, on the contrary, you need gentle and soft ribbons. They are called kinesio tapes. They are made from silk or cotton, delicate, elastic, their physical properties are similar to those of human skin, they are almost impossible to feel when worn.
The country of origin is also important. The best are Japanese and Korean face tapes. But it is wiser to refuse from the Chinese “ribbons”: their quality is questionable.
Modern pharmacies offer an impressive selection of tapes, the most popular being:
- Kinesio tape for face BB FACE TAPE TM 2.5 cm x 10 m (another option is 5 cm x 5 m). Production of South Korea. Designed for face and neck, different colors, price from 650 rubles.
- Kinesio tape VVTARE 2.5 cm x 1m in different colors, made in South Korea, price from 100 rubles. Another option is 5 cm x 1 m, the price is from 170 rubles.
- Kinesio tape silk (viscose) VVTARE ICE 5cm x 5m. Various colors. Production of South Korea. Price from 860 RUR
To get the positive effect of using face tapes, avoid the following mistakes:
- You cannot deviate from the patterns of applying the tapes and glue them on places that do not need aesthetic or age correction or that cannot be corrected with taping.
- Do not leave tapes on your face for more than the prescribed time, as this can only worsen the skin condition. The optimal time is indicated in the attached instructions.
- It is not necessary to completely cover lips or eyes with tape.
- You should not continue to use the tapes in case of painful or unpleasant sensations or unsatisfactory results. Perhaps you did something wrong or you have some genetic characteristics. In these cases, it is better to get specialist advice.
Typically, taping perfectly rejuvenates the face, neck, décolleté. You just need to adhere to the rules that were mentioned in the article.
Useful video about face taping