Photo from smartbuy.ru
The skin under the eyes is thinner and more sensitive. Dark cavities and circles can be a physiological feature or the result of age-related changes. Eye fillers are a quick and effective solution to the problem. A cosmetological injection procedure allows you to get rid of bruises, dips and wrinkles under the eyes in just half an hour.
Like all methods, fillers have their own characteristics, pros, cons and contraindications.
Fillers – what they are and how they work
In cosmetology, fillers are preparations for injecting subcutaneous administration in order to fill wrinkles. Fillers have a gel-like structure consisting of moisturizing and nourishing ingredients.
They have two actions at once:
- Displace wrinkles from the inside, smoothing skin and removing signs of aging.
- They nourish the deep layers of the dermis, stimulating the natural processes of metabolism and regeneration of epidermal tissues.
Fillers are introduced with the aim of rejuvenating, correcting facial features, eliminating aesthetic imperfections and traces of age-related skin changes. They can be injected into different areas of the face. Fillers are widely used for bags under the eyes, bruises and flews (sagging tissues).
The specialist injects the drug through a syringe under the skin at a certain level. The filler is evenly distributed in the problem area and fills the subcutaneous space. The skin is tightened again and looks smooth, firm.
The action of the filler is visible immediately after the procedure. It has an instant, rather than a consistent cumulative effect, such as mesotherapy.
The final result can be observed the very next day after the edema and redness subsided.
The substances used in fillers are completely natural and harmless. Over time, they dissolve. The effect lasts for several months. It all depends on age, skin characteristics and the rate of metabolic processes of the body.
Indications and contraindications
Contour correction with fillers is a non-traumatic method of aesthetic medicine. But he, like any injection procedure, has its indications and prohibitions.
The maintenance of fillers is indicated for:
- Dark circles under the eyes.
- The formation of bags in the lower region of the eyelids.
- Thinning of skin turgor under the eyes.
- The appearance of a pronounced nasal groove.
- Dryness of the dermis.
- Pronounced vascular network.
Eye fillers are contraindicated for:
- Poor blood clotting.
- Acute inflammatory processes.
- Infectious diseases.
- Dermatological diseases.
- Certain diseases of the kidneys and genitourinary system.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Tendency to form keloid scars.
- High susceptibility to allergies (with caution).
Before the procedure, it is imperative to consult a specialist. A competent cosmetologist is obliged to interview the patient and identify possible contraindications. Filler injection is not as harmless as it might seem.
The choice of fillers under the eyes
There are various fillers for under eye wrinkles and dark circles. They differ in consistency and degree of durability, composition, price.
Previously, there were preparations based on non-absorbable materials (silicone, biopolymer, polyacrylamide or paraffin). These are dangerous substances that cause inflammation, fibrotic changes and other extremely negative consequences.
Now on the market of aesthetic medicine there are practically no such drugs. In rare cases, they can be used by fraudulent masters who pass off a cheap low-quality product as expensive and safe.
Therefore, it is advisable to have ideas about filler preparations not only for the cosmetologist, but also for the client.
Modern high-quality absorbable fillers are made on the basis of hyaluronic acid – the main and natural skin moisturizer.
The drug is always packed in a branded cardboard box. Inside it is a hermetically sealed syringe with a substance and instructions for use.
High-quality hyaluronic eye fillers:
- TeosyalRedensity II… The product is specially designed for contour correction in sensitive areas. They can be used to fill the area around the eyes and nasolacrimal grooves. The composition, in addition to hyaluronic acid, contains amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and trace elements.
- Juvederm volbella… A very popular filler. Suitable for sensitive skin and delicate areas. Does not induce seals or lumps. The composition is rich in beneficial nutrients.
- PrincessFiller… A budgetary but good product with a mild effect and ideal for the correction of dark circles, nasolacrimal grooves.
- Restylanetouch… Another quality filler for dark circles, dark circles, dark circles, wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid molecules retain moisture, promote the synthesis of elastin and collagen, and improve epidermal turgor. Natural highly effective preparation for aesthetic correction of the area around the eyes, contains vitamins and other nourishing, anti-aging substances.
- BeloteroBalance… A denser preparation intended for deep injection into the subcutaneous layers and the correction of deep depressions and wrinkles.
- Filler based on polyprolactone… Suitable for those with hyaluronic acid intolerance. Differs in the duration of the effect.
Fillers for bruises under the eyes should be selected by a specialist depending on the age of the patient, the structure of the skin, the problems identified and the desired results. Many drugs contain an anesthetic for painless administration.
More and more often, creams with the prefix “filler” are found in advertisements or on the shelves of cosmetic stores. The funds promise an action similar to injection procedures. Such products also contain hyaluronic acid, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants.
The creams promise to get rid of chronic circles, bruises under the eyes, wrinkles, sagging, sagging skin.
In fact, no filler cream for the skin around the eyes, no matter how expensive it is, can match the effect of an injection procedure. The creamy texture of external use simply cannot penetrate into the deep layers of the dermis and push it out from the inside. Moreover, the action of the cream is never instant.
No filler cream can be considered an analogue or a substitute for an injection procedure, and it is meaningless to compare them.
How to prepare for the procedure
No complicated preparations for the procedure are required.
For a more beneficial effect of under-eye fillers, it is recommended:
- A week before plastic surgery, limit the use of scrubs, peels, hard washcloths.
- Stop taking anticoagulants in 5-7 days (for those who take them regularly).
- Limit heavy physical activity 3-4 days before the session.
- Reduce the amount of salt, fatty foods, give up alcohol for 3-4 days.
- Do not expose your face to sunburn and thermal effects for 2–3 days.
No preparation is required when using a filler cream around the eyes. It is used as a regular skin care product.
How is the procedure performed
Contour correction with filler preparations is carried out as follows:
- The cosmetologist performs make-up removal and cleanses the patient’s face.
- An anesthetic cream / gel is applied to the injected area.
- After the onset of the analgesic effect, the specialist prints a syringe in front of the patient and begins to inject the substance. Some fillers use a cannula needle.
- After completing the procedure, a light massage is performed to better distribute the filler under the skin.
- At the end, the skin is treated with an antiseptic and the patient is given recommendations for care.
The cannula method of filler around the eyes is less traumatic. With the cannula, much fewer punctures are made, and the gel spreads more evenly.
The patient can see the result immediately. Due to the redness and slight swelling inherent in sensitive skin, the instant effect is slightly distorted. In rare cases, bruising is possible. They go off on their own after 4-6 days.
Complete healing of the skin and “installation” of the filler take place within a week. The swelling and redness usually subside within 24 hours.
In order for the filler gel to safely stand under the eyes and to avoid complications, it is necessary:
- Limit physical activity for 7-8 days.
- Sleep on your back the first night after the procedure.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
- Refuse to visit saunas, baths, hot baths for 5-6 days.
- Protect the skin from hypothermia.
- Do not use decorative cosmetics for 2-3 days.
- Wash your face with warm water without additional funds for 3-4 days.
- Treat puncture sites with an alcohol-free antiseptic.
- For quick healing of punctures, use regenerating creams (Bepanten, Depanthenol).
In case of complications, an urgent need to consult a specialist.
How long does the result last
The duration of the drug depends on its composition, the age of the patient, the characteristics of the organism, the degree of changes, the rate of metabolic processes, lifestyle. On average, fillers last from 5 to 12 months. Denser fillers can last longer: 14-18 months.
Alcohol, thermal stress, intense sports, some drugs accelerate the absorption of the substance.
How often you can inject the selected under-eye filler for dark circles depends on the degree of absorption. If the skin tolerates the procedure well and there are no contraindications, it can be done immediately, as the effect of the previous injection disappears.
Cost and alternatives
The cost of the filler depends on the manufacturer, composition, level of the cosmetology clinic.
The average price for plastic surgery in the area around the eyes in city clinics is from 7,000 rubles.
Are there any alternative methods that can be used to get rid of dark circles and cavities under the eyes?
Yes, there are such methods:
- Mesotherapy – subcutaneous injection of nourishing cocktails that make the skin denser. The course consists of 5-8 procedures. The cost of the 1st procedure is on average 3,000 rubles.
- Blepharoplasty – Surgical plastic surgery of the eyelids in order to eliminate bags, deep wrinkles, flews. The average cost is from 35,000 rubles.
If you are still thinking about how to fill in wrinkles under the eyes, the filler will be the best option in terms of safety, effectiveness and cost. Moreover, the result appears instantly and there is no long period of rehabilitation. The most important thing is to find a qualified specialist and choose the right drug.