Beautiful, strong and shiny hair is the result of careful grooming. The most common problem faced by the fair sex is split ends. Of course, they can be cut off, but when you really want to grow long hair, you have to look for alternative ways of salvation. The use of gelatin for hair will help to improve the hair structure.
The salon procedure of laminating is not cheap, and the result is not visible the first time and requires regular updating. For those who do not want to constantly spend money, there is a great solution – hair lamination at home. It does not require large financial investments, the procedure costs a penny.
Benefits of gelatin for hair
Hair mask with gelatin will improve the condition of the strands and nourish them with essential vitamins. Food gelatin contains a lot of plant and animal protein, which is necessary for hair follicles to grow and strengthen. Therefore, gelatin for hair enhances hair growth and helps to get rid of the problem of hair loss.
Also, this clear viscous liquid contains collagen, which is essential for dull and dry hair. It is useful in that it glues the scales, fills the voids in the hair shaft. Gelatin hair mask will relieve split ends, hair will become more alive and healthy. B vitamins are simply irreplaceable for the scalp. Hair mask with gelatin will help to solve the problem of dandruff, protect the scalp from drying out, maintain the acidic and natural water balance.
How to prepare and apply a gelatin mask
A gelatin hair mask at home will work out and give the desired result if you adhere to certain rules:
- A gelatin mask can only be beneficial if you pick up quality gelatin. We do not recommend using the product marked “instant”. Only the white product or gelatin, which is sold in pressed plates, is beneficial. It is also better to refuse from yellowish or cream in color.
- You need to prepare a hair mask at the rate of: 1 tbsp. l. gelatin 4 tbsp. l. water. The substance should swell, so the mixture should stand for 15 minutes, after which it must be heated in a water bath until the powder dissolves. However, it is important not to bring to a boil. Before applying the gelatin hair mask, cool the mixture and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- We recommend applying a gelatinous hair growth mask in the bathroom, bending your head over the sink and rubbing the composition into the skin. Then the remaining composition must be distributed along the length, using a comb with rare teeth, comb the hair.
- The hair mask with a lamination effect must be applied to previously washed hair. You need to pay attention to the tips, which are usually dry and damaged.
- You can keep the composition on your hair from 30 minutes to 2 hours. To prevent the gelatinous composition from hardening, you must wrap your head with plastic wrap or a towel. A little balm will help make the rinsing process easier. Rinse off the mask with warm water without detergents, and then rinse with cool water or herbal decoctions.
If you follow the rules for applying a mask for lamination of hair at home, it will not be difficult to wash it off, and the condition of the hair after the procedure will noticeably improve.
It is not difficult to self-lamination hair with gelatin, we offer you a selection of 11 recipes that will not only save you from split ends, but also solve a number of other problems.
- The classic recipe for straightening your hair: a glass of water requires a bag of gelatin (20 g). The base is prepared according to the following scheme: the powder is diluted with hot water to the consistency of liquid sour cream and kept for 15 minutes. Then it must be heated in a water bath and make sure that there are no lumps. The mask is applied already at room temperature to the root zone; it is recommended to retreat 4–5 cm from the scalp.
- Gelatin hair lamination + nourishing mask. Based on the thickness and length of hair, you will need 1-3 sachets of gelatin, hot water (based on 20 g of powder – 200 ml of liquid), balm and any nutritious oil (2-3 tablespoons).
- A revitalizing mask will help nourish hair, improve its appearance and solve split ends. We prepare the base of the mask according to the first recipe, adjust the amount of gelatin based on the length and thickness. Then add a couple of tablespoons of hair balm (according to your type) and a chicken egg. Mix everything well until smooth.
- Therapeutic mask with burdock oil for lamination of dry hair at home. It is necessary to prepare a gelatinous base, then 3 tbsp. l. add the bases 1 tsp. butter and ½ tsp. vinegar.
- Treatment mask for oily hair. Also based on 3 tbsp. l. bases are added 1 tbsp. l. almond oil.
- Hair loss mask. We prepare a mask based on: 3 parts of the base, 2 parts of hair conditioner and 3 drops of rosemary essential oil (lavender, lemon, sandalwood).
- Regenerating mask for damaged hair with rose water. For 3 parts gelatin base, add 1 part conditioner and 1 part rose water. To enhance the effect, sprinkle with rose water before applying the composition.
- A tint mask with herbal decoction is suitable for those who seek to make not only home hair lamination with gelatin, but also to give them a light shade. Regular use of chamomile decoction will help blondes to give a golden tint, and nettle is suitable for brunettes for a chestnut shade. We prepare the broth as follows: for ½ tbsp. take 1 tbsp of boiling water. l. dry herbs and brew for half an hour, then filter. To prepare a mask for 3 parts of the base, 1 part of herbal decoction and 1 part of conditioner are needed. If the mask is too runny, wrap your hair well with plastic wrap.
- A softening mask makes your hair more manageable, recommended for long strands. Required: 3 parts of gelatin base, 1 yolk, 1 part of dry mustard, 1 part of colorless henna. If the mixture is too viscous, just add a couple of drops of water.
- Honey mask. To get the desired lamination effect on the hair, as well as saturate it with vitamins and minerals, it is important to use a natural product in liquid form. On 3 parts of the gelatin base, add 1 part of water, 1 part of balm and 2 parts of honey. We mix everything and apply it to the hair.
- Mustard mask. Mustard powder stimulates blood circulation in the bulbs, stimulates growth and increases density. The mask is made in this way: for 3 tbsp. l. gelatinous base, the same amount of mustard is added. You can keep such a mask on your hair for up to 2 hours, if you have unruly or dry hair, the time needs to be shortened. If the mustard burns your skin, do not tolerate it – wash off the mask with cool water. You can do this home lamination procedure no more than once a week.
Another mask that straightens hair no worse than salon procedures and actively cares for them.
You need to prepare:
- 1 tbsp. gelatin;
- 1h l. ground flax seed;
- 1 tbsp. l. coconut milk;
- 1 tbsp. l. starch;
- fat-oil vitamins – 3 capsules;
- 1 tsp almond oil;
- juice of half a lemon (for blondes) or 5 tbsp. l. carrot juice (for brunettes).
Hair lamination at home with gelatin looks like this step by step:
- Prepare the mask: mix gelatin and flax seeds, fill them with water and leave to swell, then heat in a water bath. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Let the mass cool.
- We apply the mask from roots to ends, put on a hat on top.
- We soak the mask for 40 minutes and rinse it off under running water without shampoo.
Already after 3 procedures, the result will be noticeable, the frequency of lamination is once every 7-10 days.
Laminating your hair at home is not difficult at all, and home remedies can help you get rid of a number of curl problems. What result can be achieved after regular use of masks? Hair becomes manageable, soft, shiny and stops splitting.
One of the important components of a beautiful head of hair is volume. Masks with gelatin can be used for hair volume, they do not weigh down the strands, on the contrary, the hair thickens and the effect of a voluminous hairstyle is created after a gelatin mask.
Hair straightening with gelatin at home has a number of advantages over salon procedures: simplicity, affordability and unpretentiousness. Many women have already solved the problem of split ends with the help of home masks. To achieve the desired effect, heal the curls, give them an attractive look and shine, you must use them regularly and correctly.
: Daria Pisareva,
Useful video about lamination of hair with gelatin