Anti-cellulite body wrap is a pleasant and useful procedure that will help to effectively get rid of cellulite even at home. A properly done wrap is no worse than similar services in beauty salons.
If you combine regular homemade anti-cellulite wraps with balanced nutrition and fitness, you can achieve excellent results in the fight for a beautiful figure.
Action and efficiency
The mechanism of action of anti-cellulite wraps is based on the removal of excess fluid from the body, which is the reason for the formation of the “orange peel”. To get rid of this problem forever, one wrap procedure for cellulite is not enough, it is important to do them regularly, as well as combine them with diet and useful fitness exercises.
- improvement of the general condition of the skin – it becomes softer and at the same time elastic, acquires a healthy color, various irregularities disappear;
- the fight against edema – the removal of excess fluid in the subcutaneous fat helps to absorb edema, increase skin elasticity;
- toning and relaxing effects.
Thus, properly performed cellulite wraps will not only help in the fight against excess weight, but also improve the overall condition of the skin, make it more beautiful and healthy.
Anti-cellulite wraps are a procedure that not everyone can do. Below is a list of contraindications:
- Phlebeurysm. With this pathology, it is forbidden to carry out hot wraps for cellulite, since they lead to vasodilation, their walls become inflamed and a serious complication arises – phlebitis.
- Pregnancy and menstruation. At this time, a hormonal imbalance occurs in a woman’s body, and sensitivity to external influences increases. Therefore, it is better to exclude hot anti-cellulite wrap.
- Skin diseases. The use of wraps for skin diseases of various etiologies can lead to an exacerbation of the disease and the development of complications.
- Hypertonic disease. This procedure enhances blood flow to the skin, increases the rate of microcirculation, which leads to excessive stress on the cardiovascular system.
- Allergy. If you have an allergic reaction to the components of the cellulite wrap mixture, it is contraindicated to perform the procedure, since this can lead to the development of hives or more serious allergic complications.
General rules for the procedure
In order for the anti-cellulite wrap to bring good results, it is necessary to properly prepare for the procedure. First of all, you need to arrange a couple of fasting days to cleanse the intestines. It is recommended to eat more fiber (fruits, vegetables, herbs), drink clean water, eat less salty, fatty and sweet foods.
Before the procedure itself, you need to thoroughly cleanse the skin. For this, it is better to use soft scrubs, they will help to gently remove dead cells of the epithelium. It is also advisable to warm up the skin with hot water to expand the pores.
The optimal frequency of cellulite wraps is every 2-3 days. The course of procedures should be carried out within 2-3 weeks, after this period you can see tangible results.
Anti-cellulite wrap will be effective only with a competent method of execution:
- Preparation of the mixture for the procedure. It is necessary to mix all the components of the mass in the required proportions, if necessary, dilute with water until the desired consistency is obtained, and also warm it up in a water bath.
- Application of the mixture. The body wrap is applied to problem areas with gentle massaging movements.
- Film wrapping. Areas of the skin with the mixture applied must be tightly wrapped with cling film. It is advisable to cover yourself with a warm blanket for greater heat transfer and sweating.
The duration of one procedure is from 30 to 90 minutes. After removing the film, rinse off the mass with warm water and dry the skin with a terry towel.
Types and recipes
Each type of wrapping has its own peculiarities of the technique, which are important to observe in order to achieve efficiency.
Hot wraps for cellulite
Such wraps help to increase blood flow, open pores, so the body quickly gives up excess moisture, which contributes to the resorption of cellulite:
- Honey wrap. Honey is an active component of an anti-cellulite mask; it can be used alone or mixed with iodized salt or essential oils. Orange oil works well as it tones and nourishes the skin.
- Chocolate wrap. Cocoa butter makes the skin firmer and softer. As a mixture for wrapping against cellulite, you can use cocoa powder or dark chocolate bars. In the first case, you need to mix the powder with warm water, and in the second, melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Oil wrap. For an anti-cellulite wrap, you can use almond, olive or sea buckthorn oil heated in a water bath. A few drops of lavender, lemon or mint essential oil are added to the base oil for an additional pleasant scent and tonic effect.
Cold wraps for cellulite
The main advantage of such cellulite wraps is that they have a strong cooling effect, increase the tone of blood vessels and muscles of the surface layer:
- Seaweed wrap. For such a procedure, kelp are suitable, which must first be soaked in water at room temperature, then cooled. Such a mask will perfectly relieve swelling and will have a cooling effect.
- Clay wrap. Powder of blue clay must be mixed with cold water to obtain the consistency of thick sour cream. You can also use a special ready-made clay wrap mixture.
- Coffee wrap. You need to brew 100 ml of strong coffee, cool it, and then add 1 tbsp. l. vinegar. In the resulting mixture, you need to soak a cotton cloth, then wrap the problem areas of cellulite with it and close it with cling film on top.
Isothermal anti-cellulite wraps
Cellulite wraps of this type will not harm even the most sensitive skin, and are also not contraindicated in diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Clay and cinnamon wrap. For such a wrap, you must mix the powder of any clay with water until a thick consistency is obtained, and then add 3 tablespoons of cinnamon to the finished mixture. The temperature of the mask should be close to room temperature.
- Corn wrap. To make such a mixture for wrapping, you need to mix 5 tsp. fat cream, 1 tbsp. l. corn oil and a few drops of any essential oil that’s right for your skin. It is important to stir the mask until a uniform consistency is obtained.
- With green tea. 5 tsp dry tea leaves need to be ground in a coffee grinder. The resulting powder must be mixed with water, also add a few drops of orange essential oil.
Wrapping is an effective and safe way to get rid of cellulite at home. There are many types of this procedure for different skin types, so choosing the right one is not difficult. But if you have any cardiovascular, skin or other diseases, you need to consult a doctor before carrying out the wrapping in order to avoid dangerous complications.
: Elena Dmitrieva,
Useful video about cellulite wraps at home