The benefits of honey have long been studied and proven. A natural product is considered a sugar substitute, but unlike its “analogue” it is rich in vitamins and microelements. It is used with health benefits not only for human nutrition, but also for external use. Honey for hair is considered one of the most effective care products that solves many problems with curls. And the additional ingredients in homemade masks help in eliminating problems with the violation of the structure of the hair and scalp.
Honey is often used in industrial cosmetics. It is found in creams, bath products and masks. Each product is designed to solve a specific problem. However, home remedies are in no way inferior to industrial ones, and often give a greater effect.
Benefits for hair
The unique composition contains a large amount of minerals: magnesium, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium and calcium. Depending on the place of collection, in the mountains or in the fields, the composition of honey is different. This must be taken into account when choosing.
Light yellow pleasant color. Very subtle flavor and mild sugar. Has a bactericidal effect. Often used in brightening masks for the face as well as hair.
Buckwheat and chestnut
Astringent, dark brown is perfect for brunettes and brown-haired women. Gives shine and gloss. Mineral composition gives good results in nutritious masks during the spring / autumn season.
The most common type. It is collected in meadows and mountains, forest glades and forest edges. Fragrant, with a taste of herbs. Often amber yellow, but the color can be very different from the plants from which the nectar is collected. Suitable for all skin care products.
All types of honey are rich in vitamin C. This natural antioxidant is successfully used in the fight against aging in the body as a whole. Rubbing it into the skin allows you to rejuvenate not only the epidermis, but also renew the hair follicles.
Proteins are often used in cosmetic shampoos. These substances are present in the composition of a natural product and work actively. Gives silkiness by restoring the structure.
What problems does honey solve
The appearance and condition of hair depends on many factors: nutrition, lifestyle, care. Often in the human body, various failures occur due to a change in the endocrine background. This occurs during the period of active growth of the body, pregnancy and in connection with other changes.
Hair can look bad due to improper care, use of a shampoo that does not match the hair type, or the use of deteriorating products.
All this leads to dullness and split hair, and often to hair loss. Masks allow you to saturate the body with nutrients, strengthen follicles and restore healthy-looking hair.
The improvements will be noticeable with regular use. How often to apply the product will depend on the type of hair in terms of appearance: dry, normal and oily.
The natural beekeeping product is listed as an allergen. Adults are often aware of this problem and try not to consume honey internally. But external use is also a contraindication.
Applying an allergenic drug can aggravate skin problems. There will be no benefit to the hair either.
Original masks from the bee kingdom
There are many recipes for hair masks with honey. Additional ingredients can be homemade products or drugs purchased at the pharmacy. Herbal decoctions and essential oils, garden plants or exotic fruits. All means are good for beauty.
The hair growth and care mask can be prepared in two versions:
- Vitamin with cognac. Cognac 3 tbsp. spoons, warmed honey 5 tbsp. spoons, 1 beaten yolk and 20 drops of retinol.
- With burdock oil. Warm honey 3 tbsp. spoons, burdock oil 2 tbsp. spoons, 1 whipped yolk, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. With the last ingredient, be careful, in excess it can burn the scalp.
These honey hair masks work against hair loss and stimulate dormant hair follicles:
- With mustard. Dry mustard powder 1 tbsp. spoon, honey 1 tbsp. spoon, almond oil 2 tbsp. spoons and 3 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- With onion. 2 tbsp. mix spoons of honey with 1 yolk. Add the juice of one medium onion.
For strengthening and against falling out
Honey for hair loss and moderate baldness goes well with herbal ingredients:
- With aloe and ginger. Mix with 1 tsp. ground ginger with 2 tbsp. spoons of honey. Add the pulp of one aloe leaf.
- With henna. It can be used as a separate component, but can be mixed with honey and a couple of drops of almond oil – the strengthening effect will increase.
For nutrition and volume
For a healthy look and thickness, the following nourishing hair masks with honey are used:
- Yeast mask. Mix 30 grams of live yeast with milk until the consistency of sour cream, the same amount of almond and olive oil + 2 tbsp. spoons of honey.
- With milk. Mix in 2 tbsp. tablespoons of burdock oil, milk and honey.
For dry hair
A quick way to moisturize and energize dry hair is to use the following recipes:
- With avocado oil. Mix butter and honey in equal proportions.
- Mix honey, milk and pharmacy lecithin, in a 2: 2: 1 ratio
For oily hair
Recipes for a mask for oily hair with honey include ingredients that regulate sebum production:
- 1 tsp lemon juice, juice from two aloe leaves, 1 clove of garlic + 1 tbsp. spoon of honey.
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dry clay + honey, dilute everything with kefir.
From split ends
The mask will not help to “heal” already split ends, but it will make the hair smoother and prevent further splitting:
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, apricot oil + 2 tbsp. spoons of honey.
- Fat-soluble vitamin complex from the pharmacy + honey, you can purchase separately vitamin A, E and B capsules.
The following recipes for honey-based masks are suitable for making hair smooth and shiny:
- Mix with a decoction of St. John’s wort and chamomile.
- Mix with light beers.
Honey for lightly lightening curls is used in combination with lemon and colorless henna:
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of honey is mixed with lemon juice and a couple of tablespoons of sour cream.
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of honey combines with colorless henna and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
How to apply masks to hair
Homemade honey hair mask is used immediately after kneading. The honey is heated in the microwave or in a water bath. Boiling is strictly prohibited! The beneficial properties are lost.
All components of the mixture should be creamy, easy to apply and rinse off. Many masks contain fatty oils and viscous components, they must be washed off with a shampoo appropriate for the hair type.
If possible, masks should be applied with a large brush, but you can also just use your hands, randomly distributing them over the hair. Hair strengthening masks are rubbed into the scalp, all the rest are applied along the entire length.
Honey is an excellent product in cosmetics. 100% natural always works to improve the appearance, accelerate growth and splendor.
: Elena Maslova,
Useful video about hair masks with honey