I love vinaigrette, but I rarely cook it. The last time I cooked it, I already had a problem. It’s not about laziness at all, I can’t enjoy my favorite salad because of the mean beets. This stubborn vegetable is cooked for two hours, at least. Moreover, she needs to be in time to add water. In general, I was not going to despair and found the perfect way that will save precious time. Why not shove beets in the oven? Today I will tell you how to bake whole beets in the oven and why it is better to choose this cooking method.
How to bake whole beets in the oven
First, I’ll tell you what is the advantage of this method of cooking beets. Especially when you need to prepare a salad of large pieces of vegetables, it is imperative that each vegetable is tasty in itself. If you simply boil the beets, all valuable trace elements will come out of it, and it will also be watery and completely tasteless.
When roasting beets in the oven, all juices are stored in the beets. From this, it becomes not only healthier, but also much tastier. A nice bonus is that the beets are cooked in the oven twice as fast. I also learned that in restaurants, chefs prefer to cook beets this way. This is the secret of beetroot restaurant dishes.
- 2 tbsp. l. vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Thoroughly wash the beets with a brush or dishwashing sponge. Then blot the vegetable from excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Cut off the tops. If you want to bake several vegetables, it is important that the beets are about the same size.
- Cover a sheet of foil for baking with parchment paper, previously soaked in water. Then chop the beets with a toothpick and salt the vegetable.
- You can rub in the salt with your hands and pour at the end with vegetable oil. Don’t be afraid to oversalt the beets. To enhance the taste, you can sprinkle it with balsamic vinegar or add a little sugar.
- Wrap one beetroot in paper with foil and bake on the middle shelf in the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 1-1.5 hours. It all depends on the size of the beets, so check in an hour to see if they are ready.
Thanks to this method of cooking, beets are tastier than usual. All juices and nutrients are preserved, and it is also easy to clean. Just don’t peel the beets under cold water, otherwise the taste will be irrevocably damaged. Enjoy your meal. Have you ever cooked beets in the oven?
Source : takprosto.cc