There are special anti-cellulite creams, but many of them take fat bumps deep into the skin, but do not get rid of them. Therefore, when treating cellulite, it is important to apply an integrated approach. An effective anti-cellulite massage can become one of the main methods of therapy. Many have heard about the effectiveness of this method; it is possible to massage for cellulite not only in salons, but also at home.
Action and effectiveness of massage
Doubts about the effectiveness of anti-cellulite massage arise mainly due to negative reviews about it. However, it is important to remember that they are not always compiled after real or competent attempts to conduct it. The wrong technique of the procedure will not allow you to achieve the desired result, therefore, before self-treatment of cellulite, you need to thoroughly study the theory, and it is advisable to consult a specialist.
With a competent approach to therapeutic massage, it will achieve the following effects:
- activation of the functioning of fibroblasts, the production of elastin, collagen (they are responsible for the elasticity and tone of the skin);
- the introduction of anti-cellulite particles into the deep layers of the skin;
- elimination of toxins, stagnant fluid and toxins;
- slimming the figure due to the gradual and long-term destruction of fat deposits;
- saturation of tissue cells with oxygen, due to which the active elimination of excess subcutaneous fat begins;
- cell renewal;
- lightening stretch marks, due to which they are made less noticeable;
- giving muscle tone;
- reduction of puffiness;
- increased subcutaneous circulation and general lymph flow.
Anti-cellulite massage will not bring tangible benefits if the patient’s excess weight is more than 10 kg. It will not work to squeeze out such strong fat layers, especially with manual massage. Therefore, in some cases, before starting massage therapy, you need to get rid of some of the excess weight and only then resort to using this procedure.
Cellulite massage primarily eliminates the external manifestations of the disease on the skin, but its effect extends to a deeper level. This therapy can affect the work of internal organs, which are located near the treated skin areas. Therefore, in order to avoid problems, before applying the massage, you need to check the absence of several contraindications:
- pregnancy, lactation;
- period of menstruation;
- venereal diseases;
- AIDS, HIV;
- oncological diseases;
- heart failure;
- serious skin diseases;
- the presence of skin defects on the surface treated by the massage: large moles, papillomas, tumors, age spots, scratches, hematomas, cuts, stitches and dissections;
- purulent and inflammatory diseases;
- wearing a pacemaker or metal implants;
- atherosclerosis, thrombophlebitis, blood clotting disorders;
- infections in the acute stage and chronic pathologies;
- varicose veins (if you plan to massage the legs);
- disorders of the nervous system;
- disturbances in the endocrine system;
- increased body temperature;
- feeling unwell.
Usually, anti-cellulite massage is not done on the inner thighs, in the groin area and in the points where the lymph nodes are located.
General rules for home massage
On the Internet, you can find many training videos where specialists demonstrate the correct technique and description of anti-cellulite massage. It is recommended to study them in detail before mastering this method of therapy yourself, since you can see more subtleties in a multimedia format than in a text article. The best preparation option is training courses in salons, when you visit even one lesson of which you can try out the massage technique in practice.
When conducting anti-cellulite massage, you should yourself remember a number of rules:
- the procedure is carried out 2 hours after eating;
- before the massage, the patient must take a shower, cleanse the skin with foam or milk, peeling is recommended;
- after washing, rub the body dry with a terry towel;
- an anti-cellulite cream is applied to the treated surface (oil, petroleum jelly, honey – depending on the type of procedure chosen);
- during the massage, you need to carefully monitor the force of pressure on the body so as not to damage the internal organs.
The duration of an anti-cellulite massage is usually no more than 1 hour. The permissible frequency of it is 3 times a week. The duration of the course of therapy, as a rule, is 10-30 sessions – it depends on the chosen technique and on the stage of cellulite. Re-resumption of treatment is possible six months later.
The effectiveness of the massage will be higher if accompanied by a diet or a healthy diet and exercises recommended by the doctor, wraps and creams can also be of great benefit.
Most often, anti-cellulite massage is performed on the thighs and buttocks, and the abdomen also belongs to estrogen-dependent zones. The correct technique of anti-cellulite massage involves movement along the lines of the lymph flow, which is responsible for removing toxins and toxins from the tissues. In this case, pressing movements must be done clockwise, and stroking – against. If the massage is done on the buttocks, then after rubbing in a circle, they are additionally processed from the bottom up.
In addition to the problem area, you should also massage the adjacent parts of the skin. Before you independently carry out massage at home, you need to study in detail the massage map, which indicates the directions of all movements.
There are several anti-cellulite massage techniques you can do at home.
Manual anti-cellulite massage
Manual massage against cellulite is considered to be its most uncomplicated type. You will need a quality anti-cellulite cream, gel, or massage oil.
At the beginning of the procedure, the skin is stroked, then it is kneaded, slightly pinched to a reddish state, and the session ends with pats. One of the most popular products in the category of related products is the Anti-Cellulite Gel, which allows the hands to slide while warming the skin.
Manual anti-cellulite massage can be done on your own, it does not take much time and in a short time makes the skin more taut and elastic.
Canned anti-cellulite massage
This procedure has a more noticeable effect on the skin, some women even talk about its soreness and bruising. However, with a professional approach, massage with cups is quite effective and not so unpleasant.
Before the procedure, you need to take a shower and rub the skin with a scrub, and then lubricate with anti-cellulite oil or cream. Special cans are fixed on the problem area so that part of the skin is drawn into the container. The massage process consists in slowly moving the can over the body.
Dry anti-cellulite massage
Dry massage with special brushes also helps with cellulite. In this case, you do not need to apply any products or moisturizers to the skin. If the brush starts to leave scratches, then you need to pour boiling water over it for 10-15 minutes and then carefully dry it.
Dry massage for cellulite on the legs and buttocks is carried out from the bottom up, that is, from the heels to the knees or on the buttocks from the bottom up (as well as in a circle). You need to press hard enough, but not to painful sensations. Anti-cellulite massage on the thighs and abdomen is also performed in a circle and generally upward towards the heart. In the zone of maximum orange peel secretion, you need to act on the skin most intensively and for a little longer.
At first, the duration of dry massage should not exceed 5-7 minutes, but with the acquisition of experience, you can go up to half an hour. The best time for this is early morning.
The brush requires special care: weekly treatment with a solution of laundry soap and thorough drying.
To correctly and effectively do anti-cellulite massage, you need special tools:
- cosmetic, essential, vegetable oils;
- wrapping pastes.
Most often, olive or almond oil is taken as oil. Also, homemade options for a massage agent are coffee (the used grounds are diluted with water) or honey (the required amount is melted in a water bath), a creamy paste is prepared from the prepared ingredient and applied to the skin before massage.
Hardware massage against cellulite requires special massagers with replaceable attachments. Massage gloves or brushes are considered their budget option, as well as a regular rolling pin or spoons (they are used to press on the skin along the lymphatic drainage lines).
Some complications may arise after a massage, for example:
- allergy to the cellulite remedy used (you will need to replace it and take antihistamines);
- painful sensations, hematomas (indicate an incorrect massage technique);
- hyperemia (in case of thin sensitive skin or diseases of the circulatory system);
- swelling of tissues (a sign of malfunctioning of the lymphatic system, a doctor’s examination is required);
- increased cellulite after the first procedures, but no more than 2 weeks (unlike the previous ones, this is a good indicator, since it speaks of the bursting of fat capsules, gradually their contents will be removed from under the skin).
The choice of this method of therapy and how often to do anti-cellulite massage depends on the individual characteristics of the body and personal wishes. Therefore, you should not be afraid to try this new technique for yourself if the consultation of a specialist has confirmed its expediency and the absence of contraindications.
: Daria Lelyuk,
Useful video about anti-cellulite massage