The rhythm of modern life constantly keeps us in suspense. Even the lucky ones who manage to sleep the cherished 9 hours in a row often feel sluggish. And work requires productivity. There are many interesting ways to cheer up without too much effort.
Diet has a huge impact on mood. Lack of sleep pushes us to eat refined carbohydrate foods: snacks, pastries, baked goods. But after such food I want to fall asleep again. It turns out to be a vicious circle. By changing your diet, you can become much more cheerful and stop dreaming of a pillow after dinner.
The more energy you need during the day, the easier, more varied and more frequent you need to eat.
Fresh vegetables, fruits and berries
Bright and juicy products invigorate with just their appearance. Natural vitamins and minerals contained in them suit the body much better than synthetic counterparts. But don’t place high hopes on tomatoes or strawberries in the middle of winter. Eat seasonal vegetation, it is most suitable for the body and grown in natural conditions. In addition, vegetable fiber stimulates the intestines, prevents stagnation of its contents and intoxication with putrefaction products.
A great way to cheer up is to eat a few pieces of dark chocolate. The cocoa content must be at least 70%. The antioxidants found in chocolate improve not only mood but also attention.
Meat, fish, eggs, legumes and nuts are metabolic foods. It takes a lot of effort for the body to digest them. Substances into which protein breaks down activate the brain. Therefore, a sandwich with chicken breast or scrambled eggs for breakfast is a great option for a cheerful start to the day. Nuts are perfect for a snack – delicious, nutritious and not harmful.
Lack of fluid in the body causes drowsiness. Water is the easiest way to avoid this. Make a rule – drink a glass of water upon waking up, 20-40 minutes before meals during the day and before bed. Thus, the body’s water balance will be normal. However, not everyone can master 8 glasses of water a day. In this case, you can drink drinks that help to cheer up:
- coffee – gives an excellent boost of vivacity due to the large amount of caffeine, dehydrates with excessive use;
- green tea – acts like coffee, but softer;
- mate – refreshing drink for repeated brewing, does not dehydrate;
- water with honey and lemon – vitamin and mineral drink;
- dried fruits compote.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to cheer up in the morning or during the day. It is enough to resort to one or more tonic procedures.
The easiest way to invigorate is self-massage of the body’s active points:
- run the fingertips of one hand along the outside of the other from the bottom up from the fingers to the elbow 10 – 15 times;
- close your eyes, hold your fingers with effort from the center of the back of the head to the ears for 3 to 4 minutes;
- massage of the gaps of fingers and toes for 2-5 minutes not only invigorates, but also relieves headaches;
- twitching and rubbing your earlobes for 1-3 minutes;
- finger massage of the popliteal fossa;
- massage the points located below the ankle by 2-3 centimeters.
Such reflexology is good in that it can be carried out both in bed upon waking up and during the day at the workplace.
Water by itself helps to eliminate drowsiness. What to say about the contrast shower. Not cold or hot, which will make you dream of a cozy bed and a warm blanket again, but the alternation of water temperature will tone your body and mind.
Walk more often
Fresh air saturates the blood with oxygen, and the body with vigor. All systems start to perform better. The metabolism accelerates, the blues and drowsiness go away. The air temperature is not important – the main thing is to dress for the weather.
Smells act on our brains through our olfactory receptors. When you need to cheer up, you can enlist the help of aromatic essential oils and scented candles:
- conifers (pine, spruce) – activate the lungs, the blood is better saturated with oxygen;
- citrus fruits (orange, tangerine, bergamot) – tone up the nervous system, improve mood;
- spicy (cardamom, cinnamon) – activate the brain;
- woody (tea tree, eucalyptus) – activate the lungs.
- exotic (ylang-ylang, rosewood) – activate the brain.
In addition to essential oils, aromatic shower gels, the smell of fresh baked goods (you can simply heat a bun in the oven) and your favorite perfume raise your spirits.
To the pharmacy for cheerfulness
You can improve your structure and get rid of fatigue with the help of pharmacy products. They are safe, the only contraindication for use is individual intolerance, and are dispensed without a prescription.
Adaptogens and immunomodulators
These funds increase the protective properties of the body, stimulate the functioning of organ systems and improve the body’s ability to adapt to changes in the daily routine. These include:
- maral root;
- St. John’s wort.
Means are available in the form of dragees, tinctures, dry raw materials for brewing, which makes it possible for everyone to choose a form convenient for use. The main thing is to follow the instructions and follow the recommended dosage.
Dietary supplements, vitamins and vitamin-mineral complexes
Vitamin preparations are an excellent help to a tired body at any time of the year. They must be taken in a course, after which it is imperative to take a break. Then addiction will not develop to them. Pharmaceutical companies offer a wide variety of vitamin preparations. Before purchasing a vitamin-mineral complex, it is advisable to donate blood for analysis in order to exclude the development of hypervitaminosis or an excess of minerals.
An energy boost can be obtained without a cup of coffee or a vitamin pill, and in quite simple ways.
A short nap is a great way to invigorate and reboot a tired brain. But not after every daytime sleep you can wake up vigorous.
- 15 minutes. This is a classic period of time, allowing you to return to life refreshed and more attentive. In such a short time, we do not have time to switch from slow-wave sleep to rapid (30 minutes), awakening into which will lead to the opposite effect.
- 60 minutes. An hour is enough for the brain to absorb the information received. This is enough time to recharge before an important task (such as speaking to an audience).
- 90 minutes. This is a complete cycle of sleep phases. On awakening, one does not have to deal with the sleepy inertia characteristic of a 30 minute sleep and expressed in fatigue and weakness. The head is clear, the thoughts are clear, the decisions are correct.
When apathy overwhelms, sports are the last to think about. However, it is the exercises that help you to quickly cheer up. You don’t have to go to the gym for 1-2 hours, just a short 10 minute run down the alley or 20 squats.
Listening to invigorating music will relieve you of the blues, movements to the beat are additional movements that raise your mood. And singing aloud tones up even more, because you have to control breathing, which means that it becomes possible to additionally enrich your brain with oxygen.
Laughter is the executioner of tiredness and depressed mood. Talking to a prankster friend will help you to cheer up even on the phone, because a positive attitude towards life is very contagious.
Watching a humorous program, pictures, video or listening to the corresponding radio channel will set the mood for a long time.
In addition to the listed options, you can cheer up in several more original ways.
Put yourself in an awkward position
If the energy charge tends to 0, and there is a lot of work, stand upside down, take the position of a “bridge” or “swallow”. As a last resort, sit on the edge of a chair and work in that position.
This will help you change the type of activity, as well as force you to concentrate.
Lower the room temperature
Switch the air conditioner or open a window. The comfort will decrease. The body will have to activate, and the brain will be enriched with oxygen again.
A well-lit room sets the brain up for active work. When it gets dark early outside and less light enters the room, there is a deficit of sunlight. Additional lighting makes up for this deficiency. Turn on all light sources, part the curtains on the windows to cheer up. Try to be outdoors more often in daylight.
If you can’t seem to cheer up, don’t do anything. These are rare cases, but sometimes you just need to abstract from everything for a while. Otherwise, try to avoid caffeine and fast carbohydrates and try one of the many harmless ways to combat depression and sleepiness.
Source : womaninstinct.ru