Oil for the skin around the eyes will ensure the normal functioning of the epidermis. The appearance of the eyes will be much better from it. Such substances contain natural ingredients that will provide protection for the skin.
In the nature that surrounds us, toxic substances are present. This makes the skin lifeless, especially the area around the eyes. The consequences of a negative effect: dry skin, puffiness, bruises and bags under the eyes. Care of the area around the eyes is necessary, as there is very delicate, thin and sensitive skin. Natural oils are suitable for this. Their beneficial properties:
- Saturated fatty acids saturate the epidermis at the cellular level. The eyelids and the area around the eyes become soft and velvety. With the dry type, the oily composition saves the depleted epidermis.
- Toning and regeneration of the epidermis helps to reduce the manifestations of aging processes. It helps to reduce blue and puffiness under the eyes.
- Saturation with vitamins A, B, C, F. The skin becomes elastic and elastic.
- Healing of wounds. It will help with burns, cracks and inflammations. Dryness and inflammation are markedly reduced.
- The structure of the epidermis is improved and restored. Regular application will relieve wrinkles.
- Restoration of water-lipid metabolism. Protects against moisture loss and makes the skin more resistant to stress.
- Stimulation of metabolism. By accelerating metabolism, harmful and toxic substances are removed from the body.
A few drops are needed to maintain the beauty of the eyes.
Each tool has restrictions on its use. Oil formulations are natural, however they have a strong effect and for this reason there are some contraindications. For the area around the eyes, they are contraindicated to use in the following cases:
- intolerance to the constituent components. If there is sensitivity to a particular component, then its use must be abandoned;
- manifestation of allergies. If redness and rash occurs, then this is a manifestation of an allergy. An allergic reaction test must be performed before using a new product. To do this, a little product is applied to the desired area (for example, the bend of the elbow) and the reaction is monitored for several hours. If there is no rash and irritation, then the product can be applied;
- the integrity of the cover is violated. It is required to abandon use, as there is a risk of infection, and wound healing will take longer;
- there are skin pathologies. A film forms on the integument, bacteria will begin to multiply under it, which will delay the healing process;
- time of gestation and feeding. During this period, the likelihood of allergies becomes higher.
There are certain restrictions for specific types of oils.
Before applying the oil, some preparation is required. To do this, you need to remove all cosmetics with the help of special products, as well as additionally wash with gel and treat the cover with a tonic. In addition to essential oils, the oil needs to be slightly heated so that it is better absorbed into the epidermis.
How to apply
There are several rules for how you need to apply oil formulations:
- For the first time, they are distributed over 5 minutes. Then the period is gradually increased to 10-15 minutes.
- All formulations can be distributed neat or with a mask. However, this does not apply to esters, which must be diluted with base oils. Only a few drops of ether are used to prevent burns.
- It is necessary to apply with massage movements, patting slightly with fingertips. It is not necessary to apply a thick layer, rather thin.
- Avoid getting substances on the movable upper eyelid and under the lowermost eyelid. The application is carried out on the bones that form the orbit. On top, the composition is applied from the inner corner to the outer, and on the bottom – from the outer edge to the inner.
The oil must be applied regularly – within a month every other day. Only in this way is it possible to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. To prevent the appearance of crow’s feet, it is worth using the product twice a week for a month.
Which one to choose
There is no consensus on which oil is best for the eyes. Some people like olive, others like castor. It is recommended to give preference to products that are gentle and light in texture. The main factor that influences the choice is skin type:
- if the skin is dry, then options in which there is a high concentration of oleic acid are suitable. These include extracts of olive, hazelnuts, macadamia and avocado;
- if the skin is oily, then varieties containing linoleic acid are suitable. Such products include extracts from hemp seeds, grape seeds and sunflower seeds;
- for normal and combination skin, extracts of coconut, jojoba, almond and argan are suitable;
- for integuments prone to inflammation, shea butter is the best option. Sensitive skin requires special care. For such skin, extracts of avocado, argan and jojoba are suitable.
The main condition before use is to carefully study the instructions for use.
There are base oils and essential oils. Basic are liquid and solid. They can be used either neat or diluted.
Rosehip extract contains a variety of chemical elements. It also contains a large amount of antioxidants that contribute to the beauty of the skin. Easily penetrates the epidermis. Its properties are anti-inflammatory, regenerating, moisturizing, protecting from sun damage. Also, this tool slows down the processes of aging and aging of the skin. To do this, it must be applied to problem areas. Rosehip extract compresses fight bags and bruises around the eyes. For this, oil is dripped onto this area before going to bed. In the morning it is enough to get wet with a napkin.
Despite all the benefits, the oil should not be used with excessive oily skin and skin that is prone to acne. Also, it is not applied in the presence of furunculosis.
For the skin, use a product that is derived from sweet or bitter almonds. It is light in texture, penetrates well into the pores, moisturizing and nourishing the epidermis. Almond extract is more suitable for dry, tired and age-related skin. It includes such useful substances as: oleic, linoleic, palmitic, retinol, B vitamins, starch, sugars, carotene. It helps restore color and even out tone. It will also relieve dark circles under the eyes and prevent the appearance of wrinkles. It is necessary to use a small amount of funds, but regularly and over a long period. Use after removing makeup before applying night cream. Do not leave this product overnight. To begin with, apply the funds for 5 minutes, then the time is gradually increased to 10 minutes.
Extraction of olive is obtained by pressing fresh fruits. The resulting product includes monounsaturated fatty acids: oleic, palmitic, linoleic, peanut and omega-3. It also contains vitamins D, E, K, terpene alcohols, squalene and sterols. Olive extract slows down the aging process, due to vitamin E, which prevents the proliferation of radicals that destroy cells.
Macadamia nut extract has a pronounced nutty flavor. It is gentle and non-greasy. The oil contains such useful vitamins and elements as:
- vitamin E is the main enemy of wrinkles, which promotes cell renewal. It will also protect against the negative effects of harmful substances;
- B group vitamins – fight aging, even out tone, maintain water balance, protect cells, smooth wrinkles, make the skin silky and tender;
- acids: peanut, behenic, myristic. They provide elasticity;
- potassium – retains moisture inside cells;
- zinc – will remove oiliness and reduce inflammation.
It can also be used as a makeup remover.
It is often used in beauty salons for rejuvenation procedures. The skin after it becomes softer, softer, and the color is more even. To use sea buckthorn extract, the following subtleties should be considered:
- cotton pads are dipped in oil;
- tampons are placed on problem areas;
- you should lie down and cover your face with a towel. Lie for 20 minutes. Then wash off the oil.
After a month of regular use, the condition of the eye area becomes much better. It becomes softer, softer, wrinkles are less visible.
It is taught using peach seed cold pressed to preserve its beneficial properties for the skin. It contains vitamins A, B, C, E, fatty acids, zinc, magnesium. It can be used at any age. It penetrates well into the inner layers of the skin, does not cause allergies and burns. The advantages of this product are naturalness and safety.
It is especially recommended for dry and problem skin. Vitamin A will slow down aging and renew cells, vitamins of the B group will give a healthy look, firmness and elasticity, fatty acids nourish the deep layers of the skin, microelements will strengthen the structure of cells.
Thin and delicate skin in the area around the eyes is well exposed to the beneficial effects of this oil.
Thanks to the composition, the product will help improve the condition of the cover. It includes:
- vitamin A and retinol: improves blood circulation and normalizes metabolism;
- tocopherol: eliminates flaking, protects against ultraviolet radiation and slows down aging;
- ascorbic acid: stimulates the production of collagen, which improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin;
- nicotinic acid: oxygenates the skin;
- vitamin B15: enhances skin regeneration.
If you regularly apply apricot oil to your upper and lower eyelids, you can significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Effective for wounds and cuts. It will improve the firmness, elasticity and color of the epidermis.
Jojoba is often used in procedures to heal the skin. Its properties are especially evident in anti-aging care. The skin becomes elastic and smooth. It includes a variety of vitamins, as well as a special acid – eicosene. It has a particularly positive effect on the epithelium: it promotes tissue regeneration, restores damaged cells, restores firmness and elasticity. It also includes moisturizing fatty acids, blood flow normalizing alcohols and cell-repairing collagen.
Castor is an ideal remedy for daily eye care. It has a protective, moisturizing and rejuvenating effect. It is best to use castor oil, which is obtained using the cold-pressed method. It is carried out by pressing seeds without heat treatment. Please make sure the label is hexane-free prior to purchase.
Castor extract fights well against bags under the eyes. To do this, put two drops of oil on the tip of your finger and distribute over the area below the eye. The next morning, the product is washed off with water.
The composition of flax extract is much different from other types of oils. In addition to the content of polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamins, flaxseed extract contains proteins. They nourish faded skin and protect against negative environmental influences. Those with sensitive and dry skin can use it without restrictions. For oily integuments, it is used no more than three times a month.
If you use it regularly, then the skin is smoothed, becomes more elastic and looks much younger. Many people know its lifting effect, which is especially evident in the area around the eyes.
It is obtained from grape seeds by hot or cold pressing. In the latter case, the product retains a maximum of useful and nutritious substances. Therefore it is recommended to use this type of oil. Products should be of high quality. For example, French, Italian and Argentine brands have these characteristics. Grape seed extract contains vitamin E and the substance procyanide, which are powerful antioxidants. In addition, it contains vitamins, micro and macro elements.
It is often used both in pure form and with other products. It goes very well with almond. It is best to use the product by soaking a tissue in it and then applying it to your eyes for 15 minutes.
Prepared from avocado seeds. It has an antioxidant effect. It contains fatty acids, vitamins and minerals: vitamin A, B1 and B2, E, PP, lecithin, zinc, potassium, histidine. The phytohormones included in it fight against age-related pigmentation and aging. Squalene will improve oxygen exchange and make the skin elastic. The extract is able to soothe the skin well. In cosmetology, this product is added to various creams and skin care products.
This product must be stored in the refrigerator. It must be heated before use. The procedures must be performed 1-2 times a week. Duration of keeping the oil on the eyes up to 40 minutes.
The most valuable is unrefined oil, which is obtained from white unroasted seeds using the cold-pressed method. It easily penetrates the skin, is lightweight and does not leave marks on the surface. Sesame has nourishing properties and also promotes wound healing. It is often used to quickly relieve eye fatigue. It contains: polyunsaturated fatty acids, moisture-retaining glycerin, a set of trace elements, vitamins and antioxidants. It also contains phytosterol that protects the skin and lecithin that prevents cell aging.
Use on skin that is aging. Fights wrinkles, dehydration and loss of firmness. It includes various vitamins, micro- and macroelements, protein compounds and flavonoids. It has the following effects: protective, moisturizing, rejuvenating, regenerating.
It is recommended for acne-prone skin. It has no contraindications. To achieve the best result, it is necessary to observe the regularity of the procedures, thoroughly cleanse the skin before applying, apply the product along the massage lines, rinse with the use of foams for washing and, after removing the product, apply the evening cream.
This is a medicinal herbal remedy, which is obtained from a tree of the Laurel family by distilling parts of wood. The extract obtained from the bark of a tropical tree contains the following beneficial components:
- cineole regenerating cells;
- softening camphor tissue;
- antibacterial safrole;
- taurine activating metabolic processes;
- smoothing pinenes.
Using this elixir will get rid of wrinkles and improve the area around the eyes.
This product is the leader in the content of vitamin E and group B. In addition, it contains antioxidants, carotenoids, tocopherols. All this contributes to the following manifestations:
- smoothing of crow’s feet,
- deep cleansing of the skin;
- UV protection;
- moisturizing the epidermis and restoring water balance;
- improvement of metabolic processes;
- alignment of tone and texture;
- strengthening of capillaries.
It can be used as an independent tool. So in night and day creams, masks, compresses.
Contains omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamins A, E, F and sterol. This composition provides the following properties:
- It will help to achieve a moisturizing effect, tightening and eliminate bruises.
- It smoothes out fine wrinkles, improves complexion and gives the eyes a fresh look.
- Softens, moisturizes, removes dryness and flaking.
- Renews the skin at the cellular level.
- Protects from ultraviolet radiation.
Before application, the agent is heated in a water bath. It can be applied neat or mixed with other skin care products.
Butters are solid oils. They are used both as a stand-alone form and as part of other components. These organically solid oils have an organic composition and consistency. They are used as butter cream.
It is used as a remedy for wrinkles, due to the large amount of saturated acids. Thanks to it, the area around the eyes will become velvety, smooth and even. This extract contains anti-rash folic acid, stearic acid and lauric acid that give softness. Pantothenic acid will help defeat fine expression lines. It contains many vitamins B1, B6, E and PP. Due to them, the skin will be transformed, bags, puffiness and earthiness will pass.
This extract is obtained from the seeds of the shea tree. It resembles ghee and has a nutty flavor. It is added to masks and creams. It includes various fatty acids and various compounds. It contains the following components: unsaturated fatty acids, which supply cells with energy, protect against harmful effects of caritesterols, absorb ultraviolet latex, give elasticity terpene alcohols. They are used to improve the appearance of the skin both at home and in beauty salons. Leaves the eye area very soft, velvety and elastic.
This hood is very difficult to manufacture, so it is quite expensive. The main component of this product is Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids. It also includes other valuable acids (stearic, oleic, linoleic). Due to this, cocoa butter has a number of beneficial properties: the cellular structure is restored, an antibacterial effect appears, the walls of small vessels are strengthened. It is easy to apply. Thanks to it, the skin around the eyes will become soft and smooth. Very easy to apply and absorbs well.
The main component of a creamy product is fats. These include fatty acids, phosphates, vitamins A, E, K and minerals. It will help get rid of wrinkles around the eyes and improve overall skin condition. It is used in various masks or in pure form. A small amount of the product is applied to the area around the eyes with light patting movements. Fat content must be chosen at least 80%.
Esters have unique healing properties. They cannot be consumed in their pure form, so ethers are used exclusively in masks.
This ester is used for aromatherapy procedures. It moisturizes, smoothes and tightens the epidermis. The oil has a harmonizing aroma. Handles minor wounds and cuts. It has anti-aging, regenerating, strengthening and protective properties. It is best mixed with wheat germ oil or coconut oil.
It is obtained from the orange blossom that grows in the wild. It has strong tonic properties, it eliminates bags under the eyes and improves microcirculation. Promotes the elimination of circles and bags under the eyes. The cover becomes smooth and tender. Wrinkles are smoothed out and the eyes look rested.
Thanks to him, the epidermis receives moisture, is saturated with nutrients and calms down. It can be used for sensitive and delicate skin. This ester is used to treat allergic diseases. It is not recommended to use it at home, it is better to resort to the services of a beauty salon.
The ether is obtained using the steam distillation method. Prevents wrinkles around the eyes. Smoothes wrinkles and eliminates swelling. It has a rejuvenating effect by cleansing the skin. It must be mixed with emollients. In this case, the course of procedures will restore firmness and elasticity.
This oil, unlike other esters, can be used in its pure form. Has a pronounced antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Relieves inflammation and itching. The properties of this ester are in many ways similar to those of the tea tree ester, so they are often replaced with each other.
It is obtained by steam distillation from East Indian or white sandalwood. To make the product, wood shavings are used, which are more than 30 years old. Fights well with age-related changes. Even in ancient Egypt, it was used to treat skin diseases and to eliminate various defects. Ether is added to a cream, mask, or base oil.
Myrrh ester is obtained from the resin that is secreted by the tree of the Burzer family. It effectively and deeply penetrates into the deep layers of the epidermis. Provides a regenerating and rejuvenating effect. In general, the skin becomes fresh, small wrinkles are removed, the skin becomes elastic and taut.
This ether has different fractions. They depend on the duration of the distillation. The longer it is, the less valuable the product is in the end. “Extra” is considered the best. Externally, the oil looks like a pale yellow oily liquid. Fights the first signs of aging. Penetrates into the deep layers of the epidermis. Activates the growth of new cells.
It is possible to apply some types of oils in pure form. However, the greatest effect can be achieved if they are used in a mixture.
Anti-wrinkle masks can be as follows:
- Grate the cucumber and add olive oil (1 tablespoon) to it. This mixture will relieve swelling and improve the complexion.
- Stir a tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil with raw grated potatoes. This composition will significantly reduce the number of wrinkles.
- Mix a tablespoon of coconut oil, liquid honey, and an egg. Apply for 20 minutes and remove. This composition will moisturize the skin well.
- Stir in a tablespoon of shea butter and grapes. This mixture fights wrinkles well.
- Mix a tablespoon of grape oil with chopped orange and add the yolk.
The following options will help get rid of bags under the eyes:
- Bake the pumpkin and mash it with a fork. Add a spoonful of apricot oil to the vegetable. The mixture is applied for 10 minutes.
- Mix sauerkraut juice (30 ml) with a spoonful of coconut oil. Soak cotton pads in the mixture and apply on eyes for 30 minutes.
- Mix a spoonful of sea buckthorn oil with two yolks. Distribute and leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix a spoonful of mango butter with 3 strawberries. Soak cotton pads with the composition and leave in front of your eyes for half an hour.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey with wheat germ oil. It is applied to the lower eyelid. Leave on for 10 minutes.
As universal masks, you can make special compresses on the eyes, which will give freshness and youth to the look:
- Apply 2 drops of castor oil and vitamin E for 20 minutes.
- 2 drops of olive oil are mixed with 3 drops of vitamin E and A. Apply for 25 minutes.
- 4 drops of rose hips are mixed with 3 drops of almond oil and 2 tablespoons of cream. The exposure time is 20 minutes.
- Mix banana, avocado, orange juice and add 2 drops of olive oil. Apply for 15 minutes.
- Mix the yolk with a spoonful of honey and 3 drops of coconut oil. Moisten gauze and apply over eyes for 20 minutes.
Easy-to-make masks with oils will help prevent wrinkles.
The following mixtures can be used as compresses:
- Mix a tablespoon of grape seed oil with half a banana. Distribute over the eyelids for half an hour and rinse with chamomile tea.
- Mix a tablespoon of cocoa butter and sea buckthorn seeds. Apply the mixture using cotton pads and leave for 20 minutes.
- Mix a tablespoon of shea butter and grape seeds with 2 drops of rose ether.
- A teaspoon of avocado and olive oils is applied to the eye area overnight.
- Esters of rose, lavender and geranium (2 drops each) are added to a teaspoon of coconut oil. Keep the compress all night long.
Regular use of compresses will noticeably improve the condition of the skin around the eyes.
After the procedure
The composition is removed with the help of blotting movements with a napkin or cotton pad. You can wash with water only after 30-40 minutes.
Oils are a valuable source of nutrients. Do not ignore these anti-aging products.