A diet is called a controlled diet with a reduction in the amount of food, restriction or complete rejection of certain foods. The duration can range from one day to several weeks. The most common reasons for dietary changes are the need for weight loss and medical prohibitions. Any restrictions cause difficulties, especially if a person does not understand what causes the prohibitions and what results he wants to achieve. Let’s figure out how to follow a diet so that it is effective.
According to statistics, only a third of people who go on a diet follow all the rules and achieve results. The rest do not stand up and abandon their idea or violate the conditions, which affects efficiency. It’s not only about willpower, but also about understanding the process, if the restrictions seem meaningless, then the motivation to comply with them will be low.
To remain purposeful, you need a stimulus, the role of which is played by the expectation of the result. People do not go on a diet just like that, they do it for reasons of concern for the health of the body and the beauty of the figure. Restrictions will be effective if these rules are followed:
- you should choose the system that suits your taste. Few people manage to force themselves to eat unpleasant foods for a long time;
- weight loss diets become more effective when combined with physical activity. Exercise accelerates metabolic processes, thereby activating the burning of fatty deposits;
- if a system with a large number of restrictions is chosen, then it cannot be adhered to for longer than the prescribed period. Strict mono-diets are usually limited to a week;
- after completion, you cannot abruptly return to the previous diet; it is important to continue to control the quality and quantity of food to consolidate the result.
Diet is not only a short-term measure to get rid of a certain amount of excess weight, but also a way to consolidate the result and improve health. In this case, a healthy diet becomes part of the lifestyle. Long-term diets have been proven to be much more effective and safer than short-term diets. Proper nutrition ceases to be perceived as a diet, it becomes commonplace.
The principles and schemes of diet planning depend on the goals and individual characteristics of the organism. Often, to get rid of excess weight and the risk of gaining it again, it is enough just to limit the use of flour, fatty and sweet foods. It also often helps to get rid of the habit of eating without feeling hungry. Emotional overeating or snacking on the basis of boredom causes the appearance of extra pounds, when getting rid of bad eating habits, the weight stabilizes.
What is the correct diet?
This principle is the same for any of the techniques. First you need to understand how much food you need to satisfy your hunger. Most people are surprised to notice that they are used to eating much more at a time than they need to. Dietitians have developed many guidelines for controlling portion sizes, one of which is to use small dishes. Surprisingly, how much food is needed for saturation depends on the size of the dishes.
None of the methods encourages overeating, the most natural way to get rid of it is to switch to fractional meals. With frequent meals, their volume becomes much smaller, the likelihood of overeating is reduced to a minimum. If the body receives food every 2-3 hours, then it will not be very hungry.
Real and false hunger
Hunger is not always true, in some cases it originates not at the physiological level, but at the psychological one. In order not to overeat because of strong emotions or boredom, it is worth doing a simple test. If the feeling of hunger comes long before the time of the meal, then you should drink a glass of water and then do something interesting for yourself. In most cases, people forget that they were hungry because the desire was false.
Compliance in all conditions
The chosen diet must be adhered to in any conditions: at home and at work, on a trip, even at a party at a festive feast. In order not to break the established rules, you should carry your preferred food with you, or at least stock up on light snacks, such as an apple or a serving of natural yogurt. Visiting cafes and restaurants will not cause difficulties if you choose the places where you can order diet meals. On the menu of almost any establishment you can find light soup or vegetable salad.
About food diary
The diary is an auxiliary tool for enhancing self-control, it allows you to track the results and evaluate the effectiveness of certain lifestyle changes. You can keep such a diary in the classic way, entering all the foods you eat into a notebook. There is a more modern approach – download power control applications to your smartphone.
It doesn’t matter what the format of keeping a diary will be, the main thing is to be honest and enter all the data into it, note changes in weight and well-being. If we are talking about a low-calorie diet for weight loss, then you can draw up a menu for several days in advance and then monitor compliance with the planned plan. Frequently entered data helps you find errors in diet planning and make useful changes to it.
Proper nutrition for weight loss
The best system for losing weight nutritionists now call a free diet or just proper nutrition (PP). There is no single approach to this concept, someone calls to give up meat, someone – to reduce the amount of sweets or to give up processed food. But all approaches have one thing in common: the desire to get rid of extra pounds naturally and with care for your health.
On this diet there will be no strict prohibitions, you just need to correctly plan your diet and adhere to what was planned. There are several mandatory requirements, first of all it is balance, without it it is impossible to establish metabolic processes. PP is suitable for people with chronic diseases, including diseases of the digestive system, cardiovascular system and diabetes mellitus. The menu will be dominated by natural products with a moderate content of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats.
On average, from 5 to 7 kg of excess weight goes away per month, it depends not only on the chosen food strategy, but also on the characteristics of the organism. The result will be not only weight loss, but also health improvement, improved well-being and mood.
The basic principles of the technique are in replacing harmful products and methods of cooking with useful ones, enriching the diet with vitamins and minerals, as well as mindfulness of meals without snacks on the run.
How to stick to PP?
PP rules depend on the views and needs of a particular person, but some of them are mandatory for everyone who cares about health. For proper nutrition, most nutritionists assume these principles are followed.
Many are mistakenly guided by the principle that less is better. In fact, the calorie content must correspond to the person’s lifestyle in order for him to receive enough energy for daily activities. On average, the daily calorie content of a diet for weight loss is 900-1000 calories. If you reduce your intake to 800 calories, then the system will no longer belong to PP, but to restrictive diets. If a person leads an active lifestyle with regular physical activity, then his daily need for food will be higher, at least 1200-1400 calories.
The menu should correspond to the needs of the body, not only in terms of energy, but also in terms of nutritional value. It is important to get enough vitamins and minerals every day. To ensure this, you need to eat more vegetables and fruits. Preference is given to unprocessed products, since many nutrients are destroyed during processing.
PP principles apply not only to food, but also to liquids. On average, an adult should drink at least 1.5-2 liters of water per day. When losing weight, the need for fluid becomes higher, since the breakdown of fatty deposits is accompanied by intoxication of the body, and water is necessary for cleansing. To make sure that the water regime is observed, you can install a special application on your smartphone and add each portion of liquid you drink to it.
- Strict adherence to the regime. You should eat at the same time, then after some period the body will get used to regularity. It is important to stop snacking on the go, as it knocks the balance between hunger and satiety, and also supplies extra calories.
- Rational choice of products. You should also pay attention to the combination of different components in one meal.
- Careful study of the composition. The fewer items in the product, the more natural and healthy it is.
- Proper preparation. The best processing methods are boiling, stewing, baking, steaming. The worst way is frying with the addition of fat, it is better to refuse it.
- Avoiding all store-bought dressings and sauces in favor of a small amount of vegetable oil with the addition of a few drops of lemon juice.
- Fractional mode. Eating small meals at short intervals. Apart from a night’s sleep, the interval between meals should not exceed four hours.
- Meaningfulness. Meals should be done without rush or distractions like TV or phone.
Example daily routine
On average, there will be 5-6 meals a day. It is necessary to schedule the regime in such a way that every day there is approximately at the same time with equal intervals between meals.
- Breakfast, from 7 am to 9 am. This period is optimal for the consumption of carbohydrates, the body will have enough time to absorb them and use the received energy. For breakfast, you can eat omelet with vegetables or porridge with fruits.
- Lunch, no later than noon. Ideal time for liquid meals. It can be light puree soup, vegetable or mushroom soup. Any lean first course or one cooked in low-fat broth will do.
- Lunch from 13 to 15 noon. During these hours, the body can still assimilate complex food, therefore, the use of slow carbohydrates is permissible. This can be cereals or whole grain pasta. If a workout is planned in the late afternoon, then the protein component should prevail at lunch.
- Afternoon snack, from 16 to 17 hours. The saturation of the afternoon tea depends on the density of the lunch. If the daily meal was dense, then one fruit and a glass of kefir will be enough.
- Dinner from 6 pm to 8 pm. The last meal should be protein and take place at least 2-3 hours before bedtime. Lean meat or fish, cottage cheese casserole, omelet will do.
How to switch to a PP?
It all starts with understanding. After a person has realized the importance of healthy food, he can move on to composing his own diet. The transition to PP should be gentle, these recommendations will help to avoid stress:
- bypass such undesirable places as points of sale of fast food, sweets, baked goods. It is especially dangerous to be near them between meals, it is fraught with a sudden outbreak of hunger;
- make a list before going to the store, go only to the necessary departments. The list should always contain fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs;
- refuse canned food and smoked meats. This is the same junk food as fast food, it contains an abundance of additives that sharpen the appetite;
- refusal from refined sugars, they will be replaced by sweet fruits and dried fruits;
- placing useful products in a prominent place. Man’s thinking is arranged in this way: he wants what he sees;
- gradual reduction of junk food in the diet.
After some time, PP becomes a habit, and the person stops thinking about how to diet. He simply adheres to the established principles and lives as usual.
Source : fiteria.ru