Marmalade is a sweet confectionery. It is made from fruits and berries, ground into gruel and boiled with sugar. The product has a shelf life of 2-3 months. It can be prepared from one type of fruit or from several varieties of fruits and berries.
The technology for making homemade marmalade is not complicated. To pamper households with a sweet product, you will need to follow step-by-step instructions:
1. Ripe and overripe gifts of the garden are washed, crushed. You will need to remove seeds and seeds.
2. To remove part of the acid from the fruit mass, it is poured not with water, but with lye (for 10 kg of fruit, take 0.5 l of alkaline liquid).
Lye will speed up the boiling of the fruit to a gruel state. It is prepared like this: 1-2 tbsp. wood ash is poured into 3 liters of water, let it brew a little. When the ash has settled, the clear water is carefully drained and used to cook marmalade or jelly.
3. Fruits are boiled in a bowl until they are cooked to a mushy state. Before cooking, it is advisable to pass the fruit slices through a sieve. During cooking, the fruit mass is constantly stirred with a wooden spatula so that it does not burn.
4. Add granulated sugar to the thickened marmalade and continue to cook it until a groove remains from the spoon drawn along the bottom of the pelvis.
5. At the end of cooking, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon juice and other flavor and aroma improvers are added to the marmalade at your discretion.
Spread the ready-made marmalade in a clean bowl pre-scalded with boiling water. It is not covered until the marmalade has cooled down and a crust forms on its surface. After that, cover the dishes with a delicacy with a clean cloth, which is sprinkled with salicylic powder, or wrap the container with marmalade with parchment.
Store the sweet product in a dry and cold place. If it begins to sour, it is digested again.
For cooking raspberry jam take a set of products consisting of:
- fresh raspberries – 1 kg;
- granulated sugar – 0.5 kg.
The treat is prepared according to the technology described above. The finished product is laid out in glasses, cooled. Glasses with raspberry marmalade are covered with parchment and wrapped with thread.
To prepare mixed raspberry and gooseberry marmaladetake the ingredients:
- raspberries – 1 kg;
- juice squeezed from gooseberry berries – 1 glass;
- sugar – 1 kg.
Raspberries are rubbed through a sieve. Cook after boiling for a quarter of an hour. Preheated gooseberry juice and sugar are added. After boiling, cook for another 30 minutes, periodically removing the foam. The gooseberry will make the marmalade taste more interesting.
Cherry marmalade prepared from a set of products consisting of:
- fresh cherries – 3 kg;
- granulated sugar – 1 kg.
The treat is cooked following the standard instructions for preparing the product.
One of the most delicious is considered apricot marmalade. It is prepared in the usual way from fresh ripe apricots (10 kg) and granulated sugar (6 kg).
Can be mixed apricot-apple marmalade… To do this, you need to stock up on ingredients:
- apricots – 3 kg;
- apples – 1 kg;
- granulated sugar – 2 kg.
For getting peach jam take:
- fresh ripe peaches – 5 kg;
- sugar – 2.5 kg;
- peach kernels – 20 pcs.;
- juice of ½ lemon.
Peaches are dipped in boiling water for 2 minutes, and then in cold water. Remove the skin from the fruit, remove the seeds. Boil the peaches for 50 minutes, then add sugar, lemon juice and kernels to the fruit mass. Cook the mass until thickened, stirring constantly.
Spread hot marmalade in jars and leave them uncovered for 2 days. During this time, the delicacy will harden.
Most popular with housewives apple marmalade… It is prepared without sugar as follows:
- The fruits are washed, cut into pieces, and thrown into boiling water. Give the apples a good boil.
- Grind boiled apples through a sieve. Throw away the peel and seeds.
- The grated apple mass is transferred to a basin, brought to a boil.
- Add lye. Mix thoroughly and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
The hot marmalade is transferred to dry and clean dishes.
Spoil your loved ones with delicious and natural homemade marmalade. This delicacy will not leave indifferent any sweet tooth!
Source : shkolazhizni.ru