Yesterday morning I sat at home and thought what to bake delicious. The children demanded cookies or pie, and there was only 1 egg in the refrigerator, it was pouring outside. It’s good that a friend called and told how make gingerbread in sugar glaze. The recipe is proven, the gingerbread cookies come out exactly the same as 30 years ago.
The dough is kneaded on caramel syrup, and these transformations of sugar into thick caramel, and then into a fragrant creamy mass of dark amber color – unusually magnetic, mesmerizing … While cooking, I plunged into pleasant memories!
Today edition “So easy!” will share instructions on making caramel gingerbread… If you paint it, you get New Year’s!
How to make gingerbread
- 150 g of sugar
- 250 ml of milk
- 40 g honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50 g vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 480 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp soda
- pinch of nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 130 g of sugar
- 60 g water
- For starters, it’s best to make caramel. Pour sugar into a saucepan with a thick bottom, put the pan over medium heat. Once the sugar begins to melt, you can gently stir the sugar with a silicone spatula. The caramel should take on a rich amber color.
- Pour milk into the caramel, mix well. Stirring occasionally, bring the mass until smooth. When all the caramel is dissolved, remove the pan from the heat. Add honey, vegetable oil and spices with salt. Mix everything until smooth.
- Beat the egg in a separate container, and then use a sieve to add the caramel mass to the egg. Stir until smooth.
- Mix the flour with baking soda and baking powder, and then add the dry ingredients to the liquid mass in portions. Knead the dough with a silicone spatula. The consistency of the dough should be soft and sticky.
- Roll out the dough on a floured table with a floured rolling pin. The thickness of the dough should be about 1 centimeter, maybe a little less. Using a finished cutting or glass, cut out gingerbread blanks from the dough. The diameter of the circle should be about 5 centimeters. Do the same with the second half of the test.
- Put the gingerbread cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- To prepare the syrup in a saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, boil the syrup to a temperature of 110 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can make a regular icing with powdered sugar and egg white.
- Cover the gingerbreads well with the syrup. Let the gingerbread syrup freeze, then serve gingerbread to the table.
- That’s all, caramel gingerbread ready. Enjoy your meal!
To learn more about this recipe, watch the video with culinary channel beautiful Julia Yuliya Small. There are many useful recipes on her channel, and there you can always learn about interesting pastry news!
Now you know how to make gingerbread with honey and caramel… My friend says this: “These gingerbread cookies are capable of evoking childhood dreams: warm, cozy and sweet!»
From this amount of products, about 36 gingerbreads with a diameter of 5 centimeters come out. In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can use others of your choice – anise, star anise, cardamom, cloves, various types of pepper. Be sure to try to make such gingerbread cookies, your family will definitely appreciate these pastries!
Source : takprosto.cc