The pie recipe contains very few inexpensive foods:
- Kefir of any fat content – 300 ml.
- Sifted flour – 1.5 faceted glasses.
- Large chicken eggs – 3 pieces.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Salt – 0.5 teaspoon.
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons.
- Soda – 1 teaspoon.
Pour kefir into flour, add vegetable oil, eggs and a dry mixture of salt, sugar and soda. Mix everything, preferably with a blender or mixer, so that there is an airy homogeneous mass without lumps.
Pour half of the dough into a greased form, lay out the filling neatly and evenly (more on it later) and pour the second part of the dough.
Send to a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
Even a teenager is easy to do.
It takes 15-20 minutes to prepare the filling, it is recommended to prepare it in advance so that it has time to cool down if the recipe requires pre-frying.
Beating the dough – 10 minutes. The oven will do the rest of the work, the main thing is not to forget to set the alarm for 20-25 minutes so that the cake does not burn out.
The pie turns out to be very tasty if:
- There is a lot of filling and it is juicy.
- Five minutes before cooking, the pie is sprinkled with grated cheese and again sent to the oven. Or, immediately after taking it out of the oven, the top of the pie is greased with a piece of butter or a spoonful of sour cream.
- If you add a tablespoon of mayonnaise to the dough, the dough will be tastier, more airy, but the calorie content of the pie will increase.
- If you replace kefir with sour cream, the pie will be softer and more satisfying.
- If the filling is very juicy, you need to make two small sprinkles of starch: before spreading the filling and after it. That is, the filling should be “sealed” in a thin layer of starch, which will take away excess moisture and help the cake bake.
Delicious fillings for jellied pie
Once a month, I make sure to bake such a budget dish when I feel like homemade cakes. I carry out various experiments with fillings, adding my favorite spices, herbs, unexpected additions and the most daring food tandems.
Classics of the genre:
- A can of canned fish in oil (0.25 g), greens and two or three finely chopped boiled eggs.
- Braised cabbage with onions and herbs, pieces of bell pepper, plus a can of canned fish, which must be added at the very end of the cabbage stewing.
- Mashed potatoes with boiled sausage pieces and fried onions.
- Fried minced meat with onions and your favorite spices.
- Boiled eggs and two or three bunches of green onions (pre-fry the onions in vegetable oil for 1-2 minutes).
- Stir-fried chicken breast with onion and parsley.
When you want to experiment in the kitchen, you can open the refrigerator and conduct a deep revision in it, picking up something new in the filling for the pie, contrary to culinary traditions. For instance:
- Pieces of boiled boneless sea fish with French fries.
- Boiled rice with avocado and seafood.
- Young zucchini grated on a coarse grater (squeeze the zucchini after 15 minutes) with fried mushrooms.
Very tasty and sweet fillings for a jellied pie. You can use both fresh and frozen berries and fruits. Melted chocolate, nuts, cottage cheese – try all the fillings, mix them and choose your favorite, the most successful ones.
Examples of sweet fillings:
- Grate one large apple and one carrot, add a tablespoon of sugar (or less to taste), add a bag of vanilla sugar.
- Dried fruits – 100 grams of dried apricots, prunes, raisins – steam or boil a little, cut into pieces, add the zest of one lemon, grated on the smallest grater.
- Mix half a glass of any thick jam with 200 grams of fresh cottage cheese.
This pie can’t fail, a recipe from the Always Lucky Series. In any home, in any kitchen.
Source: Source link