How to remove expression wrinkles at home and why do they appear?
Photo from the site oneline.com.mx
Expression wrinkles appear in every person with age, sometimes it happens early enough. It is hardly possible to get rid of them completely, but it is possible to slow down aging. For this, there are many tools and techniques: both home and professional. For the fight against facial wrinkles to be effective, you need to understand their nature and causes.
What wrinkles are called mimic?
As the name suggests, they form in areas of active facial expressions. Typical options for the location of facial wrinkles:
How old are mimic wrinkles?
Usually, the aging process, and hence the period of wrinkle appearance, begins after 30 years. But sometimes it happens earlier.
Expression wrinkles can form from 20-25 years old. The rate of skin aging depends largely on health status, heredity and lifestyle.
The main causes of expression wrinkles:
- Spasm of facial muscles. Initially being in a slight tone, over the years, under the influence of age-related changes, they pass into a state of hypertonicity. This shortens the muscles and creates excess skin that forms wrinkles.
- The appearance of creases in areas with active facial expressions. The constant mechanical effect on the tissues in the same places gradually leads to a deterioration in blood circulation and forms the usual folds. So on the boundaries of the muscle connection, wrinkles-creases are formed.
What factors influence the appearance of expression lines?
Although we all use facial muscles throughout our lives, the severity of wrinkles in people of the same age can vary significantly. It’s all about a favorable or negative combination of factors affecting the skin.
The likelihood of early appearance of facial wrinkles increases if:
- The skin is thin and prone to dryness.
- A person has bad habits – smoking, drinking alcohol, etc.
- There are chronic diseases of the digestive system, thyroid gland, urinary system, hormonal imbalance.
- A woman abuses decorative cosmetics, especially foundation and powder.
- The skin is often exposed to cold, heat, wind, or ultraviolet light.
- There were significant changes in body weight.
- There is no complete, balanced diet.
- Drinking regime is not observed.
- There is a deficiency of subcutaneous adipose tissue.
- Cannot get rid of acne that depletes skin resources.
- Stress and lack of sleep are constantly present.
- There are no regular procedures to moisturize and cleanse the skin.
How to remove expression wrinkles at home?
There are several ways to deal with expression wrinkles. This is a physical effect (gymnastics, massage), properly selected makeup, pharmacy and home remedies.
To smooth expression lines with massage, repeat the sequence of actions daily:
- Simultaneously with the evening application of the cream, perform stroking circular movements with the fingertips from the center of the forehead to the temples, lightly pressing on the wrinkles. This will relax the muscles.
- Use gentle strokes to work on the upper and lower eyelids. You need to move in a circle, starting from the outer corner of the eye to the inner corner from below, from above – on the contrary.
- Rub the skin, sliding your fingertips from the bridge of the nose to the wings of the nose.
- Massage your cheeks in an arched motion from the wings of the nose and the corners of the lips to the temples.
- Repeat for the cheekbones, starting from the chin.
- Smooth out the nasolabial folds with moderate pressure with your fingertips.
- With light tingling, go over the most pronounced mimic wrinkles.
- Finish the massage by patting and stroking all over your face.
Each movement is repeated 5-7 times. The result becomes noticeable after a month of regular sessions.
Before the massage, it is recommended to cut your nails short and wash your hands. Rash, wounds, neoplasms and pronounced vascular network are contraindications for this method of correcting facial wrinkles.
Inexpensive pharmaceutical preparations can successfully replace professional cosmetics and cosmetic procedures. Means to remove expression wrinkles at home:
- Badyaga. This powder, obtained from freshwater sponges, is used as a peeling after adding liquid. Smoothing of small mimic wrinkles occurs due to exfoliation of dead cells and an increase in skin elasticity. The most effective combination of badyagi with water and cosmetic clay, as well as hydrogen peroxide. You can use the product no more than 1 time a week.
- Blepharogel. The product contains glycerin, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera. Due to its composition, the gel improves blood circulation, moisturizes the skin and eliminates inflammation. You can apply Blefarogel in places where mimic wrinkles appear daily, the course of treatment is 1-1.5 months.
- Fish fat. A source of omega-3 vitamins A and D, this product gives the complexion a healthy complexion, moisturizes the skin and restores its elasticity. Fish oil is used in its pure form, applied to cleansed skin, and is also added to home anti-aging masks. The tool is used 2-3 times a week, you can evaluate the results in a month.
- Mumiyo. A unique product of animal and plant origin, also called mountain resin, improves skin elasticity and acts as a peeling. Mummy based masks are made once every 2 weeks. The course of treatment consists of 10 procedures.
- Ointment Relief. Although the drug is intended for the treatment of hemorrhoids, the composition makes it beneficial for the skin as well. The ointment contains glycerin, shark oil, vitamin E, corn and thyme oil. It is recommended to use the product at night if you need to remove mimic wrinkles urgently. In addition to smoothing the skin, Relief well removes dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
If there is no time for anti-aging procedures at all, but you need to look 100%, anti-aging makeup will help out. How to mask mimic wrinkles? The secret is simple:
- Cleanse your skin and apply a lifting cream.
- Apply an elastic, semi-transparent makeup base to areas with pronounced expression lines.
- Do not overuse your foundation. A liquid or semi-liquid composition is applied with light hammering movements using a sponge. It is better to choose products with reflective particles. Radiance will distract attention from skin imperfections.
- It is better to mask the expression lines under the eyes with a yellowish-beige concealer. The area of application is around the eyes and under the eyebrow. Lightly dust the skin over the concealer.
- Wrinkles in the area of nasolabial and nasolacrimal folds will help to hide a pencil of light pink shade. The strokes must be carefully shaded with a sponge.
- For sluggish eyelids, use a creamy, satin-textured eyeshadow. You should not use a bright eyeliner with pronounced mimic wrinkles around the eyes; a natural mascara is enough.
- A blush with a gel texture will hide minor wrinkles. Give preference to pink, cream and apricot shades. Application area – the upper part of the cheekbones with shading to the temples.
- The contour of the lips must be outlined with a concealer, slightly shading it with a brush. With mimic wrinkles around the mouth, lipsticks are chosen in discreet beige-pink tones or cream berry shades. It is better to refuse lip gloss – it will draw attention to skin irregularities.
To get rid of mimic wrinkles, you do not have to buy pharmaceuticals and expensive cosmetics. For lovers of natural methods, there are several options for homemade anti-aging masks:
- Potato. Apply warm mashed potatoes to your face for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. The mask is suitable for dry skin.
- With olive oil. Connect 1 tbsp. l. warm butter with the same amount of applesauce. The mixture is kept on the face for 40 minutes and washed off with cool water.
- Lemon honey. Mix the juice of half a lemon with 2 tbsp. l. liquid honey. Apply the composition to a gauze pad and apply it to your face for 20 minutes. This folk remedy for mimic wrinkles is suitable only for women with oily skin.
- With beeswax. Combine 1 tsp. honey, 2 tbsp. l. onion juice and 1 tbsp. l. melted wax. Mix thoroughly. The mask is applied for 10 minutes, the remnants of the product are removed with a damp cloth.
- Cucumber. Combine the pulp of half a grated cucumber, 1 yolk and 1 tbsp. l. almond oil. Whisk the ingredients together and apply to skin for 40 minutes. After the procedure, wash yourself with warm water and use a moisturizer.
It is enough to do masks 2 times a week. The effect is noticeable immediately, but it is observed only with mild age-related changes.
The muscles of the face, like the rest of the body, are amenable to correction with regular exercise. Performing a small set of exercises every day, you will maintain their healthy tone and delay the appearance of expression lines:
- Press your fingers firmly to your forehead and try to raise your eyebrows against the resistance of your hands. This will help smooth out the wrinkles in your forehead.
- Use the pads of your index and middle fingers to press the corners of your eyes (outer and inner on each side). Raise your eyebrows and open your eyes wide, keeping your upper eyelids tight. Over time, crow’s feet will become less noticeable.
- To smooth out the brow crease, try to move the brows by pinning the skin at the base with your fingers.
- To remove expression lines around your mouth, take in some air and start rolling it from one cheek to the other. Then repeat the same with the lips.
- To combat nasolabial folds, purse your lips tightly against muscle resistance. Then relax them well.
Each exercise is repeated 5-10 times. It is always advisable to do gymnastics at the same time – in the morning or in the evening.
The effectiveness of salon procedures is recognized by most women. By resorting to the help of a professional cosmetologist, you can throw off a dozen years in a matter of days and save the result for a long time.
But a significant drawback of such methods is the high price with a temporary result. Consider the most popular procedures used to combat expression wrinkles:
- Peeling. Exposure to the skin of special chemicals removes dead particles of the epidermis, stimulates regeneration processes, eliminates pigmentation and scars. It is used as an independent remedy for incipient wrinkles, as well as as a preparation before other procedures.
- Fillers. Gel fillers injected subcutaneously into areas requiring correction. The substance fills the voids, due to which the skin is smoothed. The effect is noticeable immediately and lasts up to 12 months, usually 3-6 months.
- Mesotherapy. Introduction of substances into the deep layers of the skin that stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. Requires 4 to 10 injections. The expected effect is fresh, supple, hydrated skin. The result is visible after the 3rd injection. The repeated course is carried out in 6-12 months.
- Botox. When injected into the muscles of the face, the substance relaxes them, smoothing out the wrinkles caused by the spasm of the facial muscles. The effect of the injection lasts 5-6 months, the result becomes noticeable 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Radio wave lifting. Impact on the deep layers of the dermis of electromagnetic pulses that stimulate metabolic processes and regeneration. The procedure is safe and painless, but must be repeated every 30 days to maintain the results achieved.
It is worth taking time to prevent the appearance of mimic wrinkles from a young age. To delay skin aging, you need to:
- avoid being in direct sunlight;
- sleep at least 7 hours a day;
- quit smoking;
- eat well, without abusing strict diets;
- drink 2 liters of water daily;
- spend more time outdoors;
- regularly cleanse and moisturize the skin;
- use cosmetics with SPF protection.
Fighting mimic wrinkles is never easy, because their appearance is associated with muscle movement, which is a part of our life. But it is possible to take measures to preserve youth. The skin needs regular care, and after 25-30 years – other procedures such as massages, masks and gymnastics.
: Yana Semich,
Useful video about facial wrinkles