Flabby skin is one of the most common cosmetic defects that women and men face after 25-30 years. Loss of firmness and elasticity of the dermis is the first sign of age-related changes, but if you miss it, you can further get a deepening of the problem – sagging of tissues under the influence of gravity – gravitational ptosis and wrinkle meshes.
This aesthetic disadvantage is recognized by reduced turgor and sagging folds, stretched and wrinkled skin, pale skin with a yellow tint, enlarged pores, drooping eyelids, bags under the eyes, nasolabial folds.
It is important to deal with age-related changes and prevent sagging skin on the face and throughout the body, as it is much more difficult to solve this problem than to make a little effort to prevent it.
Why does the skin become flabby
The main causes of aesthetic problems in cosmetology is called:
- Natural aging of the body – after 40-45 years, most age-related signs become stable and only modern methods of fighting can slow down this process.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Violation of metabolic processes.
- Sedentary lifestyle, lack of mobility and as a result – weakened muscle tone of the face and entire body.
- Sudden weight fluctuations. The desire to achieve noticeable results in weight loss as quickly as possible often leads to sagging excess skin. Speed dial and a new rigid diet may cause sagging of the body, due to the lack of vital nutrients. Removing sagging skin in this case is much more difficult than adhering to the principles of healthy weight loss with a balanced diet, sufficient physical activity, hydrating the body and walking in the fresh air.
- Childbirth. In natural conditions, the skin shrinks over time, restores the ability to retain moisture from the inside, strengthens and returns to its former appearance. But due to hormonal changes, nutritional disorders and other prerequisites, you can get a baggy stomach and flabby skin.
- Deficiency of micro-and macronutrients, vitamins, as well as insufficient hydration of tissues due to violations of the drinking regime.
- Stress and bad habits.
- Pathologies of internal organs, including endocrine diseases.
- Illiterate skin care, bathing in hot water, abusing natural tan and frequent trips to the Solarium.
Why does the skin become flabby? This can be one reason or several, which you need to start dealing with comprehensively and as early as possible.
How to deal with flabbiness
The state of the dermal matrix changes gradually:
- In youth, up to 20-25 years of age, turgor – the fullness of the skin, its elasticity and firmness-is at a good level, so only sufficient hydration, nutrition, protection and a healthy lifestyle are required to preserve it.
- In 25-30 years, there are initial signs of fading, which disappear with optimal hydration and cleansing. But in the evening, after a day of work, active restoration of the skin is again required.
- In 30-35 years, wrinkles and bags under the eyes become permanent companions, the contours of the face are slightly blurred, cellulite forms under the skin on the stomach, buttocks and thighs.
- In 35-40 years, the dermis continues to look flabby and lose elasticity. Only intensive care and regular cosmetic procedures can slow down aging.
- Sagging skin on the body after 40 years is a pronounced crease and crease, ptosis (sagging) of the eyelids and a wavy oval-the result of age-related changes in the lower third of the face. The skin rapidly loses elasticity, in places where subcutaneous fat accumulates, the epidermis stretches, forming folds.
Depending on the age and condition of the skin, you can deal with its flabbiness at an early stage at home, but when the signs of fading become more pronounced, you will need the help of professionals.
To independently smooth out the flabbiness of the skin of the body and face, align its relief and restore elasticity, it is necessary:
- regularly exfoliate the keratinized layer with peels;
- nourish and moisturize the dermis with masks and wraps,
- use anti-aging creams to restore skin elasticity, anti-cellulite oils;
- massage the face and entire body, treating problem areas;
- perform contrast procedures-shower and compresses;
- pamper your skin with non-hot healing baths;
- perform exercises for the face and body – muscle contractions can significantly tighten the skin;
- monitor the balance of nutrients in the diet and sufficient hydration – hydration of the body due to the consumption of clean water.
At the initial stage, a comprehensive program to restore skin tone serves as the main tool for rejuvenation, over the years it becomes more intense and complements professional care.
Masks and scrubs
The use of masks and scrubs helps to make the skin elastic. Home cleansers gently exfoliate the upper keratinized layer of the epidermis, promote its renewal, remove dirt from the surface, improve cellular respiration and increase the turgor of the skin:
- For oily dermis, a coffee, salt and soda scrub is suitable: for 1 tbsp. l. olive or almond oil, add 2-3 tbsp. l. of an abrasive substance-salt, soda or ground coffee, to get a pasty consistency.
- Thinned dry epidermis is cleaned only with a gentle foam, micellar water or gel products, and soft scrubs are prepared from oils – coconut, olive, almond or peach with the addition of oatmeal or oatmeal, coffee grounds after drinking coffee.
Cleansing paste of ingredients is applied to the skin of the face and body, massaged a little in circular movements, then washed off after 10 minutes. Oily flabby skin can be scrubbed 1-2 times a week, dry-no more than 1 time in 7-10 days.
To prepare a scrub from egg white, you need to add 1 tbsp of bran, 1 tsp of lemon juice and the same amount of zest to the whipped mass.
Nourishing and moisturizing components of masks restore vitality to the skin and make it elastic.
- 2 tbsp strong brewed green tea.
- 2 tablespoons of Hercules flakes.
- 1 tbsp of kefir.
- 1 tbsp of honey.
How to deal with flabby skin of the body and face? Apply a homogeneous mass of these nutritious ingredients to any problem area. After 15-20 minutes, you can wash off the remnants with water of a comfortable temperature.
- Crush the pulp of a pear or banana.
- Egg yolk.
- Butter – 1 tsp.
- Honey – 1 tsp.
Combine the fruit puree with the yolk and melted butter, add honey and mix. This mass can be used for any area of dry skin. It is also suitable as a night wrap for the stomach, buttocks or thighs.
A multi-layer mask of chicken protein perfectly tightens the skin, but is suitable only for the oily type of dermis.
Treat the skin with protein whipped into a foam, when it dries, cover the top with a second layer. Then apply a third layer of egg protein. After 7-15 minutes, wash off the remnants with warm water and RUB your face with ice cubes.
Dilute gelatin in water, add lemon juice and glycerin. Treat the skin with a homogeneous mixture of these ingredients and wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
Lifting effect is also provided by cosmetic clay, green tea, gelatin, milk, which can be added to homemade anti-aging masks.
If you take olive oil and honey in the proportion of 3 to 1 – 3 tsp of oil will have 1 tsp of honey, then reheat them for a few seconds in the microwave or in a steam bath, then this mixture is perfect for massaging flabby skin.
RUB the face in circular movements along the massage lines, then go to patting and tapping with your fingers on the skin to improve blood circulation in the tissues, ensure the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to every cell.
For the body, you can use:
- massage with a dry natural brush;
- treatment of the oil-softened epidermis with vacuum jars to tighten the skin in different areas, restore its tone and freshness.
Contrast shower and compresses
This procedure not only tightens sagging skin, eliminates stretch marks and sagging, but also has a General healing effect on the entire body. You can pour water at different temperatures every day, which is the best universal way to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
Compresses, which are performed by alternating not very hot and cold water, have the same effect as a shower. Wetting and applying a towel to the surface of the skin stimulates blood circulation, improves metabolism and tightens the fading skin.
Get rid of sagging skin helps healing baths, which add herbal infusions, vitamins, milk, essential oils and other useful components. Plants that promote skin lifting, tone the body, moisturize and renew the epidermis.
To strengthen the structure of the skin and increase its elasticity, it is useful to add a bath with a water temperature of 38-40 °C:
- a mixture of wormwood and rosemary brewed in 4 liters of boiling water;
- dandelion leaves – 1 kg fresh and 2 kg dry-filled in 5 liters of boiling water and boiled for 10 minutes;
- 1 kg of bran or oatmeal brewed in 2 liters of milk. In the prepared mixture add 1 tbsp honey;
- in 100 ml of milk, drop an aroma oil of bergamot or rosemary, sage or Basil in the amount of 5-7 drops.
Repeat the procedure every other day, its duration should not exceed 20 minutes. The total course is 12-15 sessions.
Anti-aging cosmetics with a lifting effect perfectly cope with the restoration of skin elasticity, but only for the early manifestations of tissue ptosis. These products contain special bioactive substances that activate natural cellular processes.
From the store’s scrubs for each skin type will suit:
- cream foams for oily or combined dermis;
- gentle emulsions that soften dry and sensitive dermis due to fats and wax;
- light gels-for normal skin.
Exfoliating tonics are often safe solutions for home chemical peeling, based on glycolic or fruit acids AHA.
If you regularly use an anti-aging cream for a month, then at the initial stage, you can remove sagging skin.
Manufacturers of high-quality cosmetics with anti-aging effects include in their composition:
- hyaluronic acid-a natural skin moisturizer;
- fruit acids and other plant extracts that have an anti-aging effect;
- peptides that stimulate the activity of skin cells and have a lifting effect;
- polysaccharides involved in the synthesis of collagen;
- The SPF factor.
In addition, the composition of the products; anti-aging lines are present, the coenzymes and the antioxidant vitamins.
If the skin has become atonic and less dense, but the oval still retains a young shape, the brow is not formed and the neck profile is normal, then it is better to choose cosmetics with markings:
- «from folds»;
- “increasing elasticity”.
If there is a wrinkled and saggy flabby skin, what to do? For care of gravitational changes and sagging skin, products marked:
- “to restore the oval face»;
- “to correct ptosis” – a wave contour that has been flattened by gravity;
- “to increase the density of the skin.”
In such anti-aging cosmetics must be present:
- hyaluronate-hyaluronic acid;
- peptides and tightening the dermal matrix, for example, procsilas;
- fruit acid.
Well-known brands that produce anti-aging cosmetic products have established themselves as producers of high-quality products:
- Vichy and La Roche-Posay;
- Lancôme и SkinCeuticals;
- Kiehl’s иYves Saint-Laurent;
- Biotherm and Giorgio Armani;
- Garnier and L’oréal Paris.
How to restore flabby skin with a cosmetologist? First, the specialist will remove the upper layer of the epidermis, which stimulates the process of tissue renewal. For this purpose, one of the types of peeling is performed:
- Ultrasonic or vacuum cleaning with the help of devices.
- Cryo-peeling, which activates the synthesis of collagen due to the action of liquid nitrogen on the skin.
- Fruit or acid peeling. It can be superficial, sparing, as well as median or deep, the latter are performed only by a dermatocosmetologist in a medical clinic.
If the skin is flabby, how to restore its former elasticity? From anti-aging procedures, specialists can advise:
- Mesotherapy . The invasive technique involves saturating the subcutaneous layer with mesocoteils made of hyaluronic acid, collagen, vitamins and other bioactive substances. “Beauty pricks” eliminate puffiness, stimulate the synthesis of skin’s skeleton fibers-collagen and elastin, improve blood microcirculation and hydration of the skin from the inside, restoring its elasticity. Depending on the skin condition,it may take 3-6 or even 10 sessions with intervals of 1-1.5 weeks. The advantages of the procedure are painlessness and instant positive effect, the absence of age restrictions. Among the disadvantages – the high price and the need for repeated injections to achieve the desired effect, frequent formation of hematomas and the possibility of infection, the duration of preserving the effect – about a year.
- RF-lifting activates the synthesis of collagen filaments, restoring the skin’s skeleton from the inside out. The procedure perfectly solves the problem of tightening the skin of the abdomen after childbirth and liposuction, eliminates striae (stretch marks) and improves the turgor of the skin in the neck and decollete area. The result is noticeable immediately after the first session and is enhanced by the completion of a course of 6-8 procedures. This lift works for 4-5 months.
- Fractional photothermolysis is based on the thermal effect of laser beams that stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. This is one of the safest and most effective ways to correct sagging skin on the face, hands, legs and body. One of the advantages is the surface method of exposure, which is great for a face and body lift, including the consequences of childbirth and a sharp weight loss, a short rehabilitation period and the effect for several years. Among the disadvantages – the high price and the need for 3-4 sessions. This method is only suitable for women under 40 years of age.
- LPG massage activates blood circulation, eliminates puffiness, improves tissue throughput and promotes lymph outflow, removing metabolic products from the body, accelerates cell regeneration, including collagen and elastin fibers.
- Microcurrent therapy . Due to the influence of weak electrical impulses on the surface of the epidermis, cellular metabolism, lymph outflow and blood microcirculation improves, and collagen and elastin are more actively produced. Among the advantages of the procedure-painlessness, microcurrents do not cause tissue tension and are not felt by the skin. Cons-a long course of 10-12 sessions, electric pulses can provoke the activation of chronic diseases. For people with vascular and cardiac pathology, such treatment is contraindicated.
A healthy balanced diet is the key to youth and a successful fight against age-related changes. In addition to high-quality protein products and complex carbohydrates, it should contain:
- Antioxidants are the vitamins of youth in vegetables and fruits of bright colors, berries, legumes and even potatoes, but they need to be cooked without frying, preserving the natural substances. Vegetables and fruits are consumed fresh, boiled, stewed or steamed. Beauty vitamins are group B, as well as D, E, A, C, K and H.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids – PUFA-are found in fish that live in cold Northern reservoirs, cold-pressed vegetable oils, seeds, and nuts. They help to reduce the concentration of” harmful ” cholesterol in the blood, break down fat-soluble vitamins, nourish and moisturize flabby skin, and preserve lipid metabolism in the body.
Instead of strong tea and coffee, sweet carbonated drinks and packaged juices, it is better to use clean water. Lack of moisture prevents cells from regenerating and developing, washing out toxins from the body. Moisturizing the skin from the inside while simultaneously saturating the epidermis with liquid from the outside will give elasticity to the skin, help to maintain its youth and beauty for longer.
If the skin has become flabby and has lost elasticity by the age of 30, then it is worth paying attention to the daily routine, habits, working and rest conditions. In addition to Smoking and alcohol abuse, skin turgor can be reduced:
- chronic lack of proper sleep;
- hungry weight loss experiments;
- the use of inappropriate or substandard cosmetics, as well as the use of anti-aging creams that do not correspond to the age;
- ignoring all forms of activity – from morning exercises to simple exercises for the face and body, from walking in the fresh air to sports training at home or in the gym.
First of all, you need to change your lifestyle, give up those habits that provoke loss of skin tone and activate the process of early aging.
To preserve youth and tighten sagging skin, you can use:
- regular contrast showers and washes, wiping with ice slices from decoctions of medicinal herbs;
- daily treatment of the skin with a moisturizer, while the tool should not be smeared on the surface of the epidermis, but hammered in with delicate tapping pads of fingers;
- regular application of lifting masks with a toning effect on the face, neck and decollete area;
- using wraps for problem areas, massage, face and body exercises;
- active lifestyle – walking, cardio training, energetic rest;
- eating fresh vegetables and fruits – include papaya, kiwi and pineapple, which contain papain and bromelain, which are involved in the restoration of the skin’s collagen framework;
- full sleep, minimal stress regime.
To achieve maximum effect in the fight against sagging skin, it is necessary to take care of it daily, timely visit a cosmetologist and pay attention to your lifestyle and habits. It is not difficult to slow down the run of time, if you show diligence – it will help restore youth and beauty of the skin.