A mask for the skin around the eyes, prepared from available tools, will help prolong youth. The epidermis in this area needs special care, since due to the minimal fat layer, it begins to fade in the first place. A properly prepared mask will saturate the epidermis with essential microelements and vitamins, make the look fresher and more attractive.
With regular use, in terms of effectiveness, such formulations surpass expensive store-bought products, since they are made exclusively from natural ingredients. Masks for the skin around the eyes differ in the type of action. They are moisturizers, nourishing, whitening and anti-puffiness. There are many recipes for such formulations, and each of them has certain advantages and disadvantages.
If the skin around the eyes becomes dry, thinned, darkening and puffiness began to appear, homemade masks will help to restore the epidermis and delay premature aging. Since such formulations are prepared exclusively from natural ingredients, with proper use, they will not cause side effects and nourish the skin with the necessary substances. When using masks for the skin around the eyes, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- any composition is applied only to previously cleansed skin of the eyelids;
- so that the active ingredients penetrate into the deeper layers, it is recommended to apply the mask counterclockwise and “drive” into the tissue with light patting movements;
- if the composition has a liquid consistency, it is recommended to use cotton pads for its application;
- the mass should not contain components with a hard abrasive structure, since they can scratch sensitive skin;
- regardless of the recipe, it is recommended to leave the mask for exposure for no more than 20 minutes. If the composition is used to eliminate edema and deep wrinkles, the exposure time is increased to 40 minutes;
- to achieve a pronounced effect and consolidate the result, it is recommended to apply masks on the skin around the eyes every 2-3 days. Course duration is a month.
To remove the product, cosmetologists advise taking not ordinary water, but warm milk and green tea.
Before using any eye mask, testing should be done to ensure there is no allergy to the components. To do this, apply a small amount of the composition near the outer corner of the eye and leave for 20 minutes.
Recipes and rules of use
Depending on which components are used to prepare the composition, the action and effect of the mask for the area around the eyes will differ. To find the most suitable product, you need to consider the original purpose of the application. It is also worth remembering that the skin of each person perceives this or that composition individually and in order to find a suitable recipe, a woman will have to experiment.
Rejuvenating eye masks
After 25-27 years, the epidermis in the eye area becomes drier and thinner, the first mimic wrinkles appear. Anti-aging masks will help restore skin elasticity and make your look fresher. For the preparation of such gruel, special components are used that restore and promote active cell regeneration:
- a teaspoon of cocoa powder mixed with 5 g of leaf tea and 5 g of fresh honey. Pour the components with a small amount of water and stir until a thick slurry forms. The mask is applied to cleansed eye skin and left to act for 20 minutes;
- Mix protein from one egg with a teaspoon of sea salt and beat the ingredients with a whisk until a thick foam forms. The gruel is distributed over problem areas with hammering movements. The exposure time of such a mask is 30 minutes;
- Pour a tablespoon of starch with a little water and put it on fire. The composition must be constantly mixed. When it begins to thicken, add a tablespoon of sour cream and honey to it. Apply the prepared mask to cleansed skin around the eyes and leave for 15 minutes.
To enhance the effect of such masks, after the procedure, the epidermis can be treated with a special anti-aging serum or gel.
Masks for wrinkles around the eyes
The following eye masks have proven themselves best against treacherous wrinkles:
- the crumb of fresh white bread must be mixed with preheated olive oil. Distribute the resulting mass with hammering movements over the skin around the eyes and leave to act for 20 minutes. The remnants of the product are washed off with warm water;
- Mix 5 g of fresh cottage cheese with a teaspoon of lime honey. Add 2 ml of grape oil and cream to the resulting mass. After mixing the components, the composition is applied to the epidermis around the eyes. Leave the mask for 15 minutes and rinse;
- pour half a tablespoon of rolled oats with a small amount of warmed milk. When the oatmeal is swollen, spread the warm mass on the skin under the eyelids. The rest of the product is washed off after 20 minutes.
It is recommended to apply such masks to the area around the eyes every 2 days. After the end of the monthly course, take a break for 30 days and resume it.
Moisturizing eye masks
Since such masks for the skin around the eyes prevent premature aging, they can be done as a preventive measure. The following recipes are considered the most effective:
- on a fine grater, chop half of a fresh cucumber and mix the resulting puree with a tablespoon of fat sour cream. The mask is distributed over closed eyelids and kept for 15 minutes;
- Mix 10 g of banana pulp with 5 ml of warmed milk and apply the prepared composition to the epidermis around the eyes. The exposure time of the gruel is 20 minutes;
- grind a quarter of the apple and mix with a teaspoon of sour cream. The composition is applied to the upper eyelids and under the eyes. Remains of the product are removed after 15 minutes.
The advantage of these masks is that they not only moisturize the skin around the eyes, but also make the face look fresher and more relaxed.
Nourishing eye masks
Mimic wrinkles or “crow’s feet” appear precisely because of the lack of nutrients. Effective masks for the skin around the eyes based on banana, yolk and rolled oats will help to fill their deficiency:
- a tablespoon of oatmeal, pour 50 ml of warm milk. When the cooked mass swells, add 3 ml of wheat germ oil and a capsule of liquid retinol and tocopherol to it. Mix the resulting components with each other, moisten gauze segments in the composition and apply to problem areas for 20 minutes;
- mash half a banana with a tablespoon and add 6 ml of liquid retinol to the resulting pulp. The composition is distributed on the skin under the eyes for 25 minutes, after which the residues of the product are removed with a cotton pad;
- Mix a tablespoon of chopped walnuts with a teaspoon of butter and add 3 drops of lemon juice to the resulting. The product is distributed over the upper eyelids and the skin around the eyes. Remains of the mask are removed after 20 minutes with herbal infusion.
Since such gruels contain an increased amount of nutrients and are distinguished by their activity, they can be made at intervals of 4 days.
Masks for puffiness and dark circles under the eyes
The appearance of bruising and puffiness under the eyes is associated with constant stress, exhausting work and lack of sleep. The following masks for the skin around the eyes will help to minimize the effects of these undesirable factors:
- Grate a small piece of fresh pumpkin on a fine grater and mix with a teaspoon of sour cream. Spread the mask over the problem areas and leave to act for 20 minutes. To achieve a pronounced effect, it is recommended to use such gruel twice a day – after waking up and immediately before bedtime;
- Boil one potato in a uniform, peel and mash with a fork. Add a tablespoon of cream to the puree. The mask is applied to the area around the eyes and left for 15 minutes;
- add the same amount of chopped dill to 2 tablespoons of sour cream. The components must be carefully moved and the problem areas must be treated with the composition. The remnants of the mask are washed off after 20 minutes.
These anti-puffiness and anti-dark circles skin masks not only minimize puffiness, but also bring freshness and clarity to the look.
Whitening eye masks
These recipes will help to cope with darkening and pigmentation under the eyes:
- Mix 20 g of grated potatoes with 50 ml of green tea. The resulting composition is distributed on the skin under the eyes and left for 20 minutes;
- Mix a teaspoon of fresh chopped parsley with the same amount of butter and distribute over problem areas. Remains of the mask are removed after 15 minutes;
- Mix 2 tablespoons of fat cottage cheese with 10 ml of kefir and 20 ml of cold tea. In the resulting liquid, you need to moisten cotton pads and apply them to the area under the eyes for 15 minutes.
For a pronounced effect, it is recommended to use such masks daily for 2 weeks. After that, the frequency is reduced to 1 time in 3 days.
Mask for redness of the skin around the eyes
The most effective mask against redness of the skin in the eye area is prepared on the basis of fatty homemade cottage cheese. The first step is to brew fresh tea leaves and, when it is infused, mix 10 ml of liquid with the same amount of country cottage cheese. The gruel is abundantly applied to the area around the eyes. The exposure time of the mask is about 15 minutes.
It is recommended to make the anti-redness remedy using a leaf infusion, not tea bags.
Although homemade facial gruels are prepared from natural ingredients, they also have certain restrictions on their use. It is recommended to abandon this method of caring for the epidermis in the following cases:
- inflammatory process in the treated area;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- infectious diseases;
- damage to the integrity of the epidermis near the eyes.
To minimize the risk of adverse reactions, it is important to remember to pre-test.
For the recovery and rejuvenation of the epidermis, it is allowed to use both industrial and self-prepared mixtures. Homemade masks for the skin around the eyes have many more benefits, as they are prepared without the addition of chemicals, they are not addictive and differ in budget cost.
: Alina Sycheva,
Useful video about masks for the skin around the eyes