Let’s sing in the rain ! Raincoats, parkas, raincoats… To protect yourself from the rain and bad weather, we now have a choice to face the frost while staying stylish!
How does the raincoat protect against the rain?
Use a rubber-based varnish to waterproof clothes? This is the idea developed in 1823 by the Scottish industrialist Charles Macintosh, inspired by the Indians of the Amazon who painted their textiles with rubber tree sap to make them water resistant . This ingenious technique allowed the raincoat to adapt to all situations: it became a trench coat during the First World War to protect soldiers from the humidity of the trenches, or a yellow raincoat in the 1960s under the impulse of the Breton Guy Cotten. In 1965, Léon-Claude Duhamel imagined a light raincoat, to be drawn from a banana pocket in the slightest shower: the K-Way, a cult nylon windbreaker , was born.
Shopping selection: our favorite raincoats
To counter the grayness and shelter from bad weather , all daring is allowed. So, we dare flashy colors, shiny finishes, oversized cuts. And we hide under his hood !
- Recycled polyester poncho, €69, at rainkiss.online
- Cloak (black) in polyester and polyurethane, €95, on rains.com
- Raincoat (pink) in polyester, € 69.99, sometimes.com
- Jacket (green) in nylon, €99, on k-way.fr
- Polyester parka (yellow) €49.99, Only at zalando.fr
- Shiny wax in polyester and polyurethane, €169, on saint-james.com