Will the drain season end soon? No matter how it is! In our cosmetic bags, classic and liquid lipsticks of a plum shade will remain in the next season.
Text: Veronika Gnezdilova
The plum blossom doesn’t seem to go out of style anymore. But these lip products look especially impressive in matte format. Both blondes and brunettes will find their shade – from a deep, almost wine, to a more feminine, crimson color. Use plum lipsticks as the main accent in your makeup, or pair with neat arrows.
Remember the pros and cons of this lipstick. Among the disadvantages, it is worth noting that plum color, like other dark shades, visually makes lips thinner. We will talk about the advantages with specific examples.
We have selected several best-selling lipsticks in the plum range and checked how they look on the lips.
In the case, the color looks maroon, a little gothic, and on the lips it becomes almost blackberry, delicate and feminine. This lip makeup will perfectly complement the look on a rainy day. Pair it with thin lashes and accentuated lashes. The effect is matte, but the product does not dry the lips: it contains jojoba and camellia oils. Like all L’Oréal Paris lipsticks, Color Riche Matte has a very pleasant scent.
- Urban Decay, Vice Liquid Lipstick, Pandemonium
Super long-lasting, highly pigmented liquid lipstick with a trendy matte finish. The indigo dark purple shade is bold and very intense: for a bright lip makeup, just apply one layer.
Be careful when choosing blush: hot pinks paired with almost purple lipstick can look too flashy.
Complete the look with light eye makeup using mascara (in one layer) and eyeshadow from the classic taupe palette.
Vice Liquid Lipstick has a few more features:
- this lipstick is not afraid of any tests: it is waterproof, it will be possible to remove it from the lips only with an oil-based product;
- the product has a very convenient applicator, which helps to achieve a perfectly even application – first outline the contour with a pointed tip, and then spread the lipstick over the entire surface of the lips with a flat part;
- do not compress your lips, as is often done when applying classic lipsticks: you need to let the liquid lipstick dry;
- if desired, apply a second layer and do not be afraid – the lipstick will not roll off.
- Shu Uemura, Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick, Magneta Spell
A very deep and rich color, a mixture of plum and wine, reminiscent of the trendy shade of Marsala. By the way, this is one of 16 shades of an exclusive palette, created as a result of the collaboration of the French accessories brand Yazbukey and the creative director of Shu Uemura Kakuyasu Uchiide . The texture of the lipstick is creamy, but immediately after application, the product becomes matte. This shade will go well with bright eye makeup. Do not be afraid to overdo it – let there be black arrows, intricate smoky eyes, and lush eyelashes!
- Maybelline New York, помада Color Sensational, оттенок 365 Plum Passion
The classic plum shade, a mixture of purple and cherry, looks girly and romantic on the lips. If you apply Color Sensational lipstick with hammering movements, the effect will be matte, if in the traditional way, the effect will be more creamy. The product spreads easily and evenly, does not roll and is durable.
- NYX Professional Makeup, Super Cliquey Lipstick, Chain Reaction
The very convenient format of a lipstick-pencil (or felt-tip pen) allows you to evenly apply the product even without a mirror. The shade is very feminine, almost pink. Ideal for both blondes and brunettes. By varying the coverage intensity, it can be used for both daytime and evening makeup. Compared to the velvety matte finish of Urban Decay, the effect is more glossy. Although, again, without a pronounced shine. Does not dry the lips: it contains vitamin E, two types of wax and jojoba oil.
Source : makeup.ru