Puppet wrinkles are folds that extend from the corners of the lips down to the chin. They are often called “sorrow lines” because they give the face an expression of sadness. These labial folds look unaesthetic. They visually outline the chin and lower lip, separating them from the rest of the face, for which they are called “puppets”, like dolls.
The expression of grief on the face, dissatisfaction and sadness, thanks to these gravitational folds, noticeably age a person, increasing the age by 5-10 years. Therefore, it is so important at an early stage to pay attention to age-related ptosis, sagging tissues, and to get professional help from a dermatocosmetologist.
Puppet wrinkles from the corners of the lips down to the chin can appear as a result of age-related gravitational ptosis and in young women. The appearance of this aesthetic defect may be due to age or accelerated due to the following factors:
- Dramatic weight loss. Losing weight with the help of express diets with a rigid depleted diet after 30 years is undesirable, since the rapid decrease in body weight can lead to the appearance of deep folds on the face – nasolabial and “puppets”.
- Ultraviolet… Overuse of tanning beds and the scorching sun negatively affects the skin, causing photoaging and early formation of wrinkles.
- Hormonal disruptions… They can be caused by menopause or appear in young women when the level of estrogen – female hormones – decreases. In this case, the skin shrinks and loses its attractiveness.
- Weakened muscle tone. If the facial muscles are not trained, they sink lower under the influence of gravity, causing the appearance of folds in the skin.
- Smoking… Nicotine and tobacco smoke negatively affect the inner and outer surface of the skin. The area around the mouth suffers especially badly, nutrition and blood supply to tissues deteriorate, cells do not receive enough oxygen, the main antioxidant, vitamin C, is destroyed. Therefore, even young girls may have vertical wrinkles – purse string – around the mouth and wrinkles of sorrow.
- Dental problems – incorrect bite, removal of individual teeth and others.
- Professional habits… For opera singers, musicians who work with wind instruments, actors – people who constantly strain the muscles of their lips, folds of sorrow appear early.
At what age do puppet wrinkles appear?
Usually grief folds appear by age 35 and later, but can form earlier due to:
- genetic predisposition;
- nicotine addiction;
- hormonal problems;
- hobbies for chewing gums.
After 30 years, home procedures help to get rid of marionette wrinkles – masks, scrubs, exercises for facial muscles, toning with ice cubes prepared from decoctions of medicinal herbs. Regular face building builds muscle tone by helping them effectively resist gravity.
At the age of 40–45, home methods of dealing with grief wrinkles become unproductive – they cannot cope with deep folds. In this case, you need to contact a dermatocosmetologist. Examining the puppet’s wrinkles, their depth, he will recommend the best removal option – correction with fillers, a course of hardware procedures, or the help of a plastic surgeon.
Salon methods of disposal
In the arsenal of cosmetologists today there are many ways that help to effectively and safely remove puppet wrinkles: with filler or Botox injections, using laser resurfacing or mesotherapy, plasma or lipolifting, radio wave or thermolifting.
Botulinum toxin is the active substance of drugs that block neuromuscular connections:
- Botox USA;
- Botulax South Korea;
- Dysport France;
- Xeomin Germany;
- “Relatox” Russia;
- Lantoks, Prosizhen China.
With the help of injections, it is possible to remove any wrinkles of the puppet near the lips, including persistent and deep ones. This result is achieved due to the fact that the active muscles that form mimic wrinkles are relaxed. In this case, impulses between muscle tissue and nerve endings are blocked, thereby limiting motor activity.
After injections with botulinum toxin, puppet wrinkles are smoothed out, the skin of the face is smoothed. The procedure is carried out with the use of pain medications. The effect of such injections depends on the individual characteristics of the organism and habits. The effect usually occurs after 2 weeks and lasts up to 6 months. After 2-3 months, when the fixation of the muscles weakens, the mobility of the muscles returns, and after six months their activity is restored.
The most popular anti-crease method is to inject a dense gel under the skin to fill the puppet wrinkles. How to remove such aesthetic defects with fillers? The main task in this case is to saturate the loose labial region with substances that compensate for the deficiency of collagen and hyaluronic acid. Simultaneously with the replenishment of the lost volume, the filler gel stimulates the production of its own collagen fibers.
To correct one superficial wrinkle, up to 0.8 ml of gel is injected under the skin. After the injection, swelling and swelling may be observed in this area for several days. For the first 2 days, the impression will be created that the person is in a joyful mood, because the “Mona Lisa smile” – a side effect of the procedure – activates the facial muscles, then it will disappear.
This method serves as a “reserve” for the correction of marionette wrinkles. It is performed when it is necessary to remove wrinkles around the lips, going down, and at the same time to tighten the lower third of the face as a whole.
The principle of this procedure is to reinforce the folds by implanting threads made of biomaterials compatible with human tissues under the skin. They are made from polylactic acid, caprolac, silicone, polydioxanone and other safe materials. Due to the natural build-up of collagen fibers around the threads, soft tissues are supported, signs of early ptosis are removed and the facial contour is restored.
Other methods of dealing with puppet wrinkles
Mesotherapy involves the introduction of special cocktails based on hyaluronic acid, enriched with vitamins, amino acids and minerals, under the skin using injections. The course of several procedures is determined individually. At the initial stage of puppet wrinkles, 2-3 sessions may be needed. A large number of procedures, up to 15-16, is impractical to carry out, it is better to use a more effective method.
You can also get rid of marionette wrinkles using plasma lifting or lipofilling. In the first case, autologous – “native” – human plasma, previously enriched with platelets, is injected under the skin. After injections, the body starts the regeneration processes, more actively produces collagen and elastin cells, which are responsible for turgor and stretching of the skin. Thus, the effect of rejuvenation is achieved.
In the second case, its own fat comes under the skin, extracted from the abdomen or thighs, and then cleared. Experts consider this method to be ineffective, since the body soon absorbs up to 50% of the injected lipid suspension and the folds of sorrow appear again.
One of the most effective methods of combating marionette wrinkles today is considered to be a combination of fractional laser resurfacing and then contour plasty. In other cases, biorevitalization is first performed and the wrinkles of sorrow are filled with fillers if the papyrus skin is dehydrated, and only then the method of fractional thermolysis is applied.
Plastic surgery to remove marionette wrinkles is performed on women after 50-60 years old, when cosmetic treatment no longer gives a long-term effect of getting rid of folds. It must be remembered that surgery changes the overall facial expression.
Raising the corners of the mouth occurs with a simultaneous lifting of the cheeks, removal of excess skin and accompanying fatty layer. Normally, bruising, swelling, and restriction of mouth mobility are possible after surgery. When all the areas affected by the surgeon have healed, the final result will be visible. Typically, this period takes several months.
How to remove puppet wrinkles at home
You can use homemade natural remedies to eliminate grief wrinkles. They should be used in combination with facial gymnastics, anti-aging cosmetics and ice cube cryomassage.
To remove puppet wrinkles at home, you need to use high-quality anti-aging creams, which contain hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and coenzymes. To protect aging skin with folds, it is preferable to choose products containing vitamin A – retinol, E and C.
Home remedies made from bananas, avocados, honey, oatmeal and cottage cheese, flavored with oils – olive, peach, coconut or almond, at the early stage of wrinkling, puppets can tighten and smooth skin, remove folds:
- An avocado mask is prepared from the crushed pulp of the fruit, treating the area around the lips with it. It moisturizes and nourishes the skin well. After 20-25 minutes, you can rinse off the residue and apply an anti-aging cream.
- A honey mask is made from bee honey heated in a water bath. After holding the product on the skin for about half an hour, wash off with warm water. Sessions are repeated daily.
- Oatmeal honey peeling. Add 1 tbsp for 0.5 cups of warm honey. l. ground oatmeal. Apply the scrub gently to the skin, massage and rinse.
Aevit with antioxidants can be added 3-5 drops to any homemade mask to increase its effectiveness.
Facial muscle training – face building – rejuvenates the skin when done daily. The first noticeable result of the puppet’s wrinkle reduction can be seen after 8-10 weeks.
Simple yet effective puppet wrinkle exercises:
- With index fingers pressed to the corners of the lips, raise them in a smile and fix them.
- Place your fingers on your chin and pull the skin down gently, causing muscle resistance to tone it up.
- Inflate your cheeks and hold the air inside for a minute.
- Puffing out your cheeks, imagine that there is a balloon in your mouth. Roll it from left to right and from right to left, without opening your lips.
- Press the lips together with a “tube” and relax into the starting position. Repeat the action 15–20 times.
After gymnastics, it is necessary to cleanse the skin, as after normal fitness, moisturize and process with a nourishing cream.
Contraindications to procedures
An absolute ban on contouring to get rid of marionette wrinkles is prescribed by doctors for:
- autoimmune and systemic diseases;
- exacerbations of chronic ailments;
- high temperature and fever of any etiology;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- the presence of epilepsy and mental disorders;
- tendency to intense scarring of tissues;
- preliminary introduction of substances incompatible with the proposed filler.
Of the temporary contraindications that can be eliminated, experts note:
- taking medications – anticoagulants that thin the blood;
- inflammation, herpetic eruptions or allergies in the area of drug administration.
You can delay the appearance of the first mournful wrinkles, or puppet wrinkles, using simple rules:
- give up negative habits – smoking and chewing gum;
- daily massage the face, neck and décolleté;
- moisturize and nourish the skin with day and night cream, treat with serums and micellar water;
- use SPF-protected products;
- treat teeth in a timely manner;
- give up “magic”, “super effective” diets;
- control facial expressions.
If you start solving the problem of puppet wrinkles at an early stage, then you can tighten sagging cheeks, fill the folds with fillers and look young and cheerful for a long time.
Useful video about puppet wrinkles