Beautiful, shiny curls have always attracted attention and were an attribute of female beauty. But, unfortunately, not all girls managed to get naturally long, healthy and silky hair. If you are striving for luxurious hair and are looking for the right product, it’s time to think about egg hair masks.
This affordable and effective remedy has already been tested by our mothers and grandmothers. Hair mask with egg yolk will help you forget about problems, give them silkiness, shine and accelerate growth.
The benefits of eggs for hair
Eggs, and especially the yolk, are actively used to create masks at home. And this is not surprising, because chicken eggs are a source of vitamins and minerals for curls. They are rich in vitamin A, D, B, cholesterol, lecithin.
Protein and amino acids are the building blocks for hair. Thanks to him, the curls are smoothed, their structure is restored and growth is accelerated. Eggs contain substances that protect against dandruff and give shine. Vitamin E eliminates dryness, helps to fight brittleness, and gives elasticity.
What problems do egg masks solve?
An egg white or yolk hair mask solves a number of problems:
- protects against dandruff and removes tightness of the scalp;
- accelerates growth;
- strengthens curls, eliminates fragility and helps to forget about split ends;
- adds volume;
- eliminates color dullness;
- restores structure after dyeing, perm and frequent use of hair dryers, tongs and irons.
An egg mask is useful for hair of any type, its effect is to nourish, strengthen and add shine. You can choose the composition for yourself through experimentation, and then systematically use the selected recipe.
An egg nourishing hair mask is suitable for any type, has no contraindications and will solve a number of problems.
The only thing is, if you are prone to allergic reactions, you should be careful when choosing the right recipe. Pay attention to the composition.
For grooming and creating homemade masks, it is better to use rustic chicken or sawn eggs. They contain more nutrients and vitamins. If you cannot buy homemade eggs, you can buy them at the supermarket, but in this case, choose smaller ones.
The yolks are a storehouse of nutrients that moisturize, regenerate and nourish every hair. Therefore, egg yolk masks are effective for damaged and dry curls. But proteins will perfectly help to cope with the problems of oily hair, because they normalize the sebaceous glands and eliminate excess oily hair.
You need to apply the finished mask immediately after preparation, after a couple of hours all the beneficial properties will be lost. It is important to know how to properly wash off such a mask. This should be done with warm water, because in too hot water the protein will curdle, and it will be difficult to wash it.
Use of eggs neat
The egg can be applied neat on the scalp and rubbed into the roots. Separate the white from the yolk and use one depending on the type of hair. Using a whisk, beat until smooth and distribute the resulting mixture evenly over the entire length.
Egg hair mask recipes
Egg masks consist of a mixture of yolk or protein with other ingredients: vegetable and essential oils, honey, beer, etc. Depending on your problems and desired tasks, choose the appropriate recipe.
Regular home masks are an affordable way to have luxurious hair without spending a lot of money on salon care.
Egg mask recipes for hair growth:
- Whisk 2 egg yolks, then combine with 1 tbsp. l. castor oil.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and use them to prepare the mask. Whisk vigorously, add burdock oil, cognac, honey and yeast in equal proportions to the mixture.
- Combine raw yolk with 1 tsp. chapped cinnamon, 1 tsp. flower honey and 2 tsp. castor oil.
To add volume and growth, try making masks according to these recipes:
- Whisk a whole egg, add 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar and 2 tbsp. l. castor oil.
- 1 sec. l. homemade yogurt, the same amount of honey and mayonnaise, mix well and add 1 yolk.
- Heat ½ tbsp. beer to 40 degrees, add banana puree (3 tablespoons) and whipped yolk there, mix everything well.
Recipes for hair strengthening egg masks:
- Combine 1 tbsp. l. cognac, cabbage juice, honey and add 1 yolk. Mix everything and apply to the skin.
- Take equal amounts of ground coffee, cognac and yolk, mix into a homogeneous gruel.
Egg nourishing hair masks include the following ingredients:
- Melt 50 g of butter in a water bath, then add 3 yolks to it, mix well and apply to hair.
- Mix the aloe juice (3 tablespoons) with 3 quail eggs.
With this care, you will be able to make your hair more vibrant.
Against falling out
An egg hair mask for hair loss is effective, it should be applied no more than 1 time in 3-4 days and a course of no more than 10 procedures:
- Combine any base oil (wheat germ, peach, almond, etc.), chicken yolk and a couple of drops of orange ether. You should have a thick gruel.
- Grate half an onion, add 2 raw yolks, 1 tsp. honey. Apply the resulting mixture to the roots.
- Combine the yolk of one egg with 1 tsp. nicotinic acid. This mask must be actively rubbed into the roots.
From such home care, your curls will become stronger, they will fall out less and become silky.
For dry hair
To care for dry hair, add only yolk to moisturizing egg masks:
- Combine the yolk with warm water, it is better to freeze it a little beforehand to get the consistency needed.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons in a water bath. coconut oil, combine with yolk and honey.
For oily hair
To reduce oily hair, you need to use proteins:
- Whisk 2 egg whites with a mixer, add 2 tbsp. l. natural yogurt and 1 tbsp. l. lemon juice.
- To strengthen you need 1 tbsp. l. blue clay, the same amount of warm water, mix everything. Beat 1 protein with a mixer and add to the resulting gruel. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil.
Lamination of hair
Instead of an expensive lamination procedure, try making a mask at home that will straighten your hair and make it silky and smooth:
- Pour 4 tablespoons of gelatin into a bag. l. water and let it brew for 20 minutes. Then heat in a water bath, add 1 tbsp. l. hair conditioner and 1 yolk.
- To make a quail egg hair mask with a lamination effect, dilute with 4 tsp. gelatin with the same volume of water, let it swell. Then heat in a water bath, add 5 quail eggs, 2 tbsp. l. shampoo.
Keep any of these egg masks for at least 20 minutes.
How to wash your hair with an egg
Probably, for many it will be a discovery that you can wash your hair with chicken eggs. They can be used in their pure form instead of shampoo, for this you will need 3-4 eggs, it all depends on the length of the curls. It is necessary to separate the whites from the yolks, some, of course, use them entirely, but the whites can curdle and leave an unpleasant smell. Beat the yolks with a whisk. You need to wet your head a little and apply the resulting mixture to the skin, massage, distribute well along the length of the hair, and then rinse with warm water.
As you can see, an egg hair mask can be a worthy alternative to store-bought care products. With regular use, the result will not be long in coming: the hair will become thick, silky and shiny. You will forever forget about problems such as loss, brittleness, dullness.