The nasolabial folds are skin grooves that extend from the wings of the nose to the corners of the lips. These creases give the face a mournful expression and age. Even in sociable and smiling people with rich facial expressions, such folds early pass into the category of static ones and do not disappear during the period of facial relaxation.
Nasolabels appear in the muscle layer in adolescence, but they are not noticeable under young skin. Only with a smile can you see fine lines that are completely smoothed out as soon as the emotion disappears. Over the years, these wrinkles take on a deeper and more pronounced appearance. A gloomy face appears in some at the age of 35-40, in others, due to hyperactive facial expressions, at 25.
Why nasolabial folds appear
The formation of “wrinkles of sorrow” is due to several factors:
- Hyper- or hypotonic muscle. In the first case, due to overly active facial expressions, the muscles are compressed and shortened, which pull the skin along with them. These creases are characterized by increased density, they seem to be pressed inward. In the opposite case, when the muscles are overly relaxed, there is a “sliding” – ptosis – of the cheeks.
- Age-related loss of tissue elasticity and elasticity.
- A sharp thinning of the layer of fatty tissue on the cheeks and in the perioral zone due to intense weight loss.
- Genetic predisposition and features of the anatomical structure of the skull.
- The presence of addictions, especially smoking. It provokes muscle tension in the area of the nasolabial triangle and destroys vitamin C, an active antioxidant that binds free radicals that cause premature skin aging. With the frequent use of alcohol, swelling of the face occurs, so the stagnant fluid enhances the effect of “wrinkles of sorrow”.
- The habit of sleeping with your face buried in the pillow.
- Deficiency of moisture and microelements.
- Illiterate or irregular facial skin care.
- Professional articulatory tension – in singers, announcers, artists.
- Chronic diseases – problems with the cardiovascular system, liver and kidneys, as well as hormonal disorders and complications after plastic surgery.
Types of nasolabial folds
The classification of nasolabial wrinkles proposed by the leading plastic surgeon E.B. Laputin includes:
- Dash-fold – a superficial wrinkle-line, supported from the inside by tissues that retain elasticity. This type of “nasolabial” is easy to correct.
- The GAP fold is a deep crease under which the tissues have undergone changes due to ptosis and lack collagen.
- Gradient nasolabial fold – a wrinkle formed due to a significant difference between the height of the cheek and upper lip. It is quite difficult to smooth out such a hall completely.
At what age do nasolabial folds appear
How many years the noticeable “wrinkles of grief” appear depends on the lifestyle, skin properties and the type of aging:
- The tired type – more often by the age of 30, less often – by the age of 25, depends on the individual characteristics of the skin.
- Deformation – “floated” type – by the age of 30.
- The muscular or “Asian” type assumes long-term preservation of youthfulness of the skin, then after 40 years there is a rapid loss of dermis tone and the formation of “nasolabials”.
Salon procedures for the removal of nasolabial folds are divided into aesthetic and surgical.
Mesotherapy against nasolabial folds
Injections of microdoses of cocktails, which contain hyaluronic acid, collagen, plant extracts and vitamin-mineral complexes, help to improve tissue structure by activating metabolic processes.
They are effective in the early stages of the formation of superficial folds in the nasolabial triangle. It will not be possible to smooth out deep and even medium wrinkles in this way. Facial mesotherapy using the injection method costs 2,500-3,000 rubles, with a fractional microperforation apparatus – 1,500-2,200 rubles.
Contour correction against nasolabial folds
The fastest and most effective method of local nasolabial correction. Subcutaneous cavities are filled with fillers of various densities, which form the missing volume.
Drugs that activate tissue fibrosis (Sculptra, Ellance, Radiesse) require professionalism from a dermatocosmetologist, as they are fraught with asymmetry of the nasolabial folds due to uneven tissue fibrosis.
Collagen-containing fillers with natural protein of animal origin: the preparation “Collost” 15% 1.5 ml cost from 13,000 rubles. Of the side effects, an allergic reaction and the formation of granulomas at the injection site of the drug are possible.
Fillers based on hyaluronate – hyaluronic acid – guarantee biocompatibility with the body and the absence of an allergic reaction, they do not provoke tissue fibrosis and the appearance of granulomas. Suitable for the complex solution of aesthetic problems. For example, together with the filling of the “nasolabial” it is possible to raise the corners of the lips.
|A drug||Volume, ml||Minimum price, rubles|
|Teosyal Touch Up (Teosyal touch up), for “tired” nasolabial folds of small depth||0,5||9 000|
|Teosyal Ultra Deep (Teosyal ultra deep), a gel of dense consistency for deep nasolabials||1,2||16 000|
|Restylane, Sweden||0,5 / 1 / 2||9 000 / 14 000 / 22 000|
|Restylane Vital, Sweden||1 / 2||11 500 / 18 000|
Lipolifting against nasolabial folds
The cavities in the nasolabial area are filled with the patient’s own fat, previously obtained from the abdomen and processed. The result comes out more natural than in the case of hyaluronate. The effect lasts from 2 to 3 years.
The procedure is complicated and expensive. At the same time, it is impractical to carry out lipofilling only to fill the nasolabial folds. It is combined with liposuction or facelift to treat several areas at the same time.
The average cost of facial lipolifting in the regions is 50,000 rubles, and the filling of the nasolabial zone is 34,000 rubles.
To increase the effectiveness of lipofilling or contouring, they are performed in combination with the Ulthera System hardware procedures and RF-lifting. Separately, these manipulations do not give a noticeable result, and the synergistic effect with contour plastics and lipolifting is excellent.
Thread lift and bio-reinforcement against nasolabial folds
To enhance the effect, thread lifting is combined with injections of fillers that add volume. With the fan technique, up to 10 threads are required, at a price of 1,200 rubles. for each.
Bio-reinforcement helps to remove nasolabial folds, thanks to the introduction of threads from a special gel containing hyaluronate into problem areas. The effect can last from six months to a year, or due to prolonged-release drugs – up to 2-3 years or more. The cost of the procedure depends on the amount and brand of the drug, its density and other parameters.
|A drug||Volume, ml||Minimum price, rubles|
|Teosyal Ultra Deep||1 / 1,2||15 000 / 17 000|
|Teosyal Ultimate||1||15 000|
|Teosyal RHA4||1||17 000|
|Juviderm VOLUME||1 / 2||16 000 / 30 000|
|Restylane SubQ||1||31 200|
Resurfacing against nasolabial folds
Laser resurfacing causes controlled microburns of the skin, which stimulates its renewal. This method is used only for the initial fold strokes, since it is not suitable for deeper creases. At the same time, the cost of fractional thermolysis is high – from 12,000 rubles. for the face.
Peeling against nasolabial folds
To remove nasolabial wrinkles, deep penetration into the depths of the epidermis and removal of its upper layer will be required. The procedure promotes the launch of regeneration – renewal – of cells, which helps to smooth out wrinkles and rejuvenate the face.
Deep peeling is rarely prescribed and is carried out under conditions of dermatosurgery.
Plastic surgery against nasolabial folds
It makes no sense to carry out a surgical correction that helps to remove only nasolabial wrinkles. It is more expedient to combine it with the solution of other aesthetic problems. For example, perform a lifting of the lower third of the face, including correction:
How to remove nasolabial folds at home
In addition to the fight against nasolabial folds, these procedures also have a preventive effect, if you start doing them even before the appearance of creases.
Exercises from nasolabial folds
Correction of the nasolabials at home is performed through gymnastics:
- We stretch our lips out of a straw as for drinking and fix the position for 10-15 seconds. We repeat the exercise 5-10 times.
- We draw air into our mouth and puff out our cheeks. We roll the balloon from side to side, as if we were rinsing our mouth. We do this until a slight discomfort from tension in the cheeks appears for 60–90 seconds.
- Sitting upright, take a deep, loud breath through the nose and exhale through the tubular lips extended forward. We repeat 10-15 times.
- More often we perform the exercise, spreading our lips into a wide smile, then we bring them together with a tube.
- Taking your head back, alternately pull out the upper lip, lowering it over the lower one. Then we pull out the lower one and direct it upward until it covers the upper lip.
It is helpful to hold a clean 0.5L plastic bottle filled with water with your lips. If it is difficult to do this, then pour out a little water until it is possible to hold the container. Then you can add water to the bottle to increase the load.
The massage relaxes the facial muscles, relieves tension, improves the condition of the skin and tissues by activating blood supply and lymph drainage.
Massage is performed from the outside and inside:
- Massage the nasolabial wrinkles with the tongue from the inside, 10-15 rotational movements each in a hall.
- Place the pads of the middle and index fingers at the nose. Open your mouth relaxed, raise your upper lip with your fingers above the line of the teeth, pressing, perform up and down movements.
- Smooth the skin with your fingertips from the center to the sides along the massage lines, without stretching it.
The acupressure massage is especially delicate for the skin and brings good results. It is necessary, while sitting in front of a mirror, open your mouth and press your lips to your teeth.
Perform point deep pressure on the problem area, moving from center to side. We do not displace the skin, we start processing from the nose. We perform 5 sessions per week.
Cosmetics for nasolabial folds
It is possible to improve the condition of the skin and nasolabial folds with cosmetics of professional brands:
- Vichy Miokine, price from 1,100 rubles;
- Clinique Moisture Surge, price from 1,100 rubles;
- Mizon S-Venom Wrinkle Tox, price from 1,400 rubles;
- Deoproce Premium Retinol, price from 500-600 rubles. mask, cream and peeling;
- Christina Château de Beauté Vino Sheen, price from 2600 rubles;
- BTSES Sesderma Facial, price from 2,700 rubles;
- Christian Breton De Luxe Gold Cream, price from 3,900 rubles;
- Chanson Cosmetics Signs Clear, price from 8,300 rubles;
- Reviva Nasolabial Fold +, price from 5 900 rub.
At the initial stage of the formation of nasolabial wrinkles, you can use home remedies:
- Grind 2-3 tablespoons of oatmeal in a coffee grinder or take the same amount of oatmeal, dilute with kefir (50 ml) until the consistency of gruel, add 1 tsp. honey and a third tsp. iodized salt for oily skin or replace it with drunk thick coffee in the same amount for dry dermis.
- Melt 50 g of cosmetic paraffin in a water bath, pour in 1 tsp. cocoa butter, olive oil or any other and spermacet from the pharmacy. Apply the mask to clean skin, hold for 20-30 minutes, covering the face with a napkin.
- Dissolve the potato starch with warm, high-fat cream. Keep on the skin for 20-25 minutes;
- Pour 2 tbsp into one bowl. l. edible gelatin and cover it with cold water. In another container, dilute 8 spirulina tablets with a little water and leave the dishes for half an hour or an hour. Pour 1 tsp into a bowl of spirulina. lemon or lime juice and 3-4 drops of the drug “Aevit”. Heat the swollen gelatin a little and combine the contents of two bowls into one. Stir until smooth, apply to the skin, rinse off after 15–20 minutes.
Can nasolabial folds be removed by lifestyle change?
Without a change in lifestyle – malnutrition, physical inactivity, smoking, excessive emotional experiences – it will not be possible to remove nasolabial wrinkles. It is better to take care of the skin when there are no problems in the area of the nasolabial triangle yet.
If folds appear, then it is necessary first of all:
- normalize nutrition;
- take care of your face daily;
- do exercises and massages.
For those who are overweight, there is a need to lose weight slowly and in the healthiest way – through a balanced diet and optimal physical activity. Anyone who could not quit smoking will have to do this, otherwise the folds will develop faster and the face will age.
Changing your lifestyle to a healthier one will soon have a positive effect on skin condition, complexion and mood. After regular care, the nasolabial folds will begin to straighten and shrink.
It is impossible to exclude the appearance of nasolabial folds, but if you follow the face, then there is a chance to slow down this process. For this you will need:
- Control facial expressions, do not grimace.
- Take care of your skin.
- Maintain skin tone, revitalizing it with meso cocktails, cleansing with peels.
After examining the condition of the skin, the dermatocosmetologist can offer a set of necessary procedures, including fractional thermolysis, biorevitalization, darsonval, microcurrents, photorejuvenation.
Regular care of the skin of the face, neck, décolleté area with the help of cosmetic and home remedies, massage and face-building, protection of the dermis from ultraviolet radiation allows you to retain moisture in tissues, improves blood microcirculation and cell regeneration.
The complex method will help get rid of nasolabial folds within a month and retain the effect for a long time. Facial exercises and massage, if practiced regularly, will become a reliable barrier to the formation of new wrinkles.
Useful video on how to remove nasolabial folds
author: Elena Perevertneva
Author of the portal Mama66.ru