This July 15, visitors had an exceptional welcome on the occasion of the reopening of Disneyland Paris. Selfie spot with characters, novelties, sanitary measures, attractions and masks from 11 years old … Our report.
[Mise à jour du 16 juillet à 11h31]. After long months of closure, the two parks Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios. Disney Village and the Newport Bay Club hotel were once again able to welcome their visitors. “Today marks the start of a new chapter for Disneyland Paris, where giving our customers the opportunity to share moments with family and friends has never been more important“declared President Natacha Rafalski.
For this eagerly awaited reopening, all attractions will be open to the public under strict sanitary conditions to ensure the safety of visitors and staff. Physical distancing will be respected by markings on the ground, seats will have to remain empty in the attractions, and the flow of visitors will be regulated. This summer, the traditional parades and the Disney Illuminations show will not be organized and it will no longer be possible to approach the Disney characters to hug them, or to have make-up to look like the princesses. let’s remember that wearing a mask is compulsory in the park, from the age of 11 (except for eating or drinking). But let the children rest assured: the magic of Disney will always be there! Many surprises are planned. Here is what awaits young and old this summer.
The spot selfies replace the usual souvenir photos since it is no longer possible to approach the Disney characters. All over the park, Mickey, Minnie and her friends, placed at a distance will pose with visitors for a memorable selfie. And that’s not all : children can also take the stage alongside Elsa and Anna or Marvel superheroes to pose as if they were taking part in the show. For an original and even more immersive experience, professional photographers will walk in the aisles and suggest positions to visitors which will then allow editing. Result: here appear Cinderella kissing you on the cheek, or Mickey hitting you on the hand. We love !
Each attraction has been designed to best accommodate families. In the queues, the markings allows for better compliance with safety distances, hydroalcoholic gel is made available at every corner of the park, before and after the attraction and the rides are cleaned between each visit. A seat or row will be left empty. Therefore : Single Rider option (which allows a single person to wait less by being placed with another group to fill vacancies) will not be offered, as will Fast Pass.
What attractions can we do?
For the reopening, all attractions are available to the public. Thrill seekers can enjoy the Big Thunder Mountain Train, Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Indiana Jones and Temple of Peril and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, while families can fly over Never Land in Peter Pan’s Flight, race alongside Lightning McQueen in Cars Quatre Roues Rallye and learn to fly aboard Dumbo the Flying Elephant …
Disneyland Paris park also had to adapt his catering service. The Plaza Garden for example, located at Main Street, until then offered buffets for starters, main courses and desserts. From now on they will be served at the table, always at will. To avoid having to pass menus from hand to hand, the card is scanned with a QR code (shaped like Mickey’s ears) and the contactless payment is privileged. The terraces sufficiently spaced allow you to have your meal with the family, with a breathtaking view of the park or the Sleeping Beauty castle. Finally, a new summer menu has been concocted to awaken the taste buds of children who will find Mickey or The Lion King on their plate.
As soon as the park reopens on July 15, Disneyland Paris promises to be full of new things. To start with a unique welcome (and goodbyes) with the kids’ favorite characters in person! One thing is certain, the magic of Disney has not been touched by the Covid.
Shows and novelties in 2020:
- The shows The Lion King and the Rhythms of the Earth, and The Rhythms of the Jungle : shows that were a real success last year are coming back this summer.
- Reopening of the Railroad: the little train which transports its visitors all around the park had been closed and will be able to operate again.
- Spot selfies, photo montages and Disney characters when entering and leaving the park
- The possibility of going on stage with the Disney characters
- New attractions to come : Cars Route 66 Road Trip, and Disney Junior’s La Fabrique des Rêves show,
- The upcoming opening of the New York hotel – The Art of Marvel, and for 2021, the return of events like Disneyland Paris Pride, Electroland and Disneyland Paris Run Weekend, not to mention the highly anticipated Avengers Campus in the future.
Disneyland Paris has announced the gradual reopening of several other Disney Hotels and Resorts including Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne on July 20, Disney’s Hotel Santa Fe on August 3 and Disneyland Hotel on September 7. As for Disney’s Sequoia Lodge and Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch, they will remain closed this summer. Good news : hotel swimming pools will be open from this summer.
The New York Hotel – The Art of Marvel (4 stars).
Remember that the New York hotel, currently closed for renovation, should soon open its doors, with rooms decorated in the colors of Superheroes, from Iron Man to the Avengers, not to mention Spider-man.
The capacity of the park will be limited for visitors, who are invited to book their tickets in advance, on the online reservation site. Those who have purchased undated tickets, or holders of the Annual Pass, will have to register on this booking platform before their arrival at Disneyland Paris to be able to access the theme parks. However, visitors who already have a ticket dated after July 15, will not need to register and reserve a date.
• Address : domaine de la Fortelle, 77777 Marne-la-Vallée – Phone : 0825 30 05 00
• 2020 Disneyland Paris Park opening hours : open from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and from 8:30 a.m. for park residents
• 2020 prices for Disneyland Paris Park (it will depend on the formula you choose): adult (from 12 years old): 47 euros; child (from 3 to 11 years old included): 40 euros. Prices: 1 park 63 euros, two parks 83 euros. Two parks, two days package, 150 euros.
• Disneyland Paris Park website : www.disneylandparis.fr