Body wrap is a cosmetic procedure aimed at body care, body shaping, and getting rid of cellulite. Due to its availability, painlessness and effectiveness, it is very popular with women all over the world.
In combination with diets and sports, the wrap gives an excellent result in the fight against extra pounds. The procedure can be carried out both in a beauty salon and at home. The second option will help not only save money, but also personal time.
How Slimming Wraps Work
The basic principle of wrapping is based on elementary physical processes:
- Increasing the evap ry . The human body is designed in such a way that everything in it should be normal. When the temperature index rises, the body tries to get rid of excess degrees on its own, and with them – excess fluid. This is the primary purpose of wrapping. The vessels dilate and the process of sweating begins. The intercellular fluid evaporates, which leads to a decrease in volume.
- Acceleration of metabolism . Digestion directly depends on this process in the body. The better and faster the metabolism, the more calories consumed will be burned and not deposited in fat stores.
- Breakdown of fats in problem areas . Fat on the belly, flanks and thighs will go away slowly. Wrapping comes to the rescue. The procedure uses creams and various mixtures. They contain at least one ingredient that is a fat burner. This component increases metabolism and blood circulation, which allows you to actively fight body fat in problem areas.
In one wrapping procedure, you can lose from 1 to 3 cm. It is for this reason that many consider this method to be the fastest and easiest method of losing weight.
However, the effect will only last with the right approach. It is recommended to carry out a wrapping course several times a year. The rest of the time, experts advise you to regularly use creams and body lotions. And of course, you need proper nutrition and at least minimal physical activity.
Safety of the procedure and contraindications
Body wrap is an integral part of most weight loss programs. Unlike hardware, injection and surgical procedures aimed at weight loss, body wrap is a safe and non-traumatic way of body shaping.
Subject to all precautions, it does not cause any harm.
An exception can only be the individual intolerance of the active component of the product used in the cosmetic procedure. In addition to its main purpose – the fight against extra centimeters – some types of wrapping can have a beneficial effect on the nervous system. Therefore, the procedure is often included in the relaxation program.
Despite the safety of wrapping, there are a number of diseases in which it cannot be done:
- Any type of diabetes.
- Hypersensitivity of the skin.
- Diseases of the female genitourinary system.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- High blood pressure.
- Any damage to the skin.
- Postoperative period.
- Phlebeurysm. With this pathology, restrictions apply to hot and combined wrapping.
Types and techniques of wrapping
Consider the 5 most popular and effective types of slimming wraps.
Most often it is aimed at combating cellulite. Before applying to the skin, the agent is heated to 38-40 degrees. It is this temperature that improves metabolic processes, accelerates blood circulation, and vasodilation.
The pore opening process is much faster. The skin begins to actively absorb nutrients and vitamins, and at the same time rid the body of toxins.
Hot wrap is most effective, but most of the contraindications apply to this type.
This procedure can be compared to a cooling compress. It has a beneficial effect on blood outflow and has a lymphatic drainage effect. Perfectly relieves puffiness caused by excess fluid in the body.
The procedure can lead to hypothermia, therefore, experts strongly recommend that it be carried out locally, on certain problem areas.
It is considered the most effective type of slimming body wrap at home, aimed at cleansing the body of toxins and toxins. Warming and cooling agents are alternately applied to the skin.
A popular home procedure. All you need is stretch wrap and a warm blanket. The name “dry” is due to the fact that no means are used.
It is enough to take a hot bath, cleanse the skin with a scrub, feed it and wrap the problem areas with foil. Then he will sit comfortably on the sofa under a warm blanket. The effectiveness of such a wrap is low, but with regular use, you can achieve good results.
There is another option for dry wrap. You need to rub the mixtures into the skin until absorbed, then cover them with a film and lie under the covers.
The method is as follows: a warming agent is applied to the skin, the body is wrapped in a film, and it is recommended to put on pants on top. This will not only enhance the thermal effect, but also keep the bedding clean.
The essence of the method is to use the most effective time – from 22 to 2 am, when the body is actively producing the hormone somatropin, which is able to burn fat.
Night wrap is one of the best, but you shouldn’t get carried away with it. Such a long session can lead to dehydration, which adversely affects kidney function.
Regardless of the type of wrapping, as a rule, the technique of the procedure follows one scenario:
- The skin is cleansed with peeling.
- A mixture prepared in advance is applied to the whole body or locally and fixed with a film. With hot wrapping, cover the top with a blanket.
- After the expiration of time, the product is removed from the body either with wet towels or in the shower.
- The final stage is a light relaxing massage and application of nourishing and moisturizing creams.
General rules for wrapping
Like any cosmetic procedure, wrapping should be carried out subject to a number of rules:
- To achieve the result, it is necessary to undergo the procedure not once, but in courses. How often can the body wrap be done? Experts recommend doing from 10 to 20 procedures in one course and it is better to carry them out every other day, that is, you can do a wrap 3 times a week.
- The duration of the effect of the wrap on the skin depends on the selected type. For example, with the hot method – 20-30 minutes, with the cold method – up to 60 minutes.
- Correctly do a slimming wrap in the evening.
- It is necessary to apply the active ingredients to cleansed skin, preferably after scrubbing.
- You cannot perform the procedure on a full stomach. After the last meal, at least 2 hours should pass. A similar recommendation for food after wrapping.
- The product is applied in a thin layer. In this case, the expression – the more the better – is inappropriate. Since the thickness of the active substance layer does not affect the effectiveness of the procedure.
Despite the fact that wrapping is a passive procedure, one should not forget that there is a strong effect on the body. Therefore, at the slightest deterioration in health, it is strongly recommended to stop wrapping.
If you have any health problems, consult your doctor.
There are many recipes for different types of wraps. Let’s take a look at some of the more popular products.
Honey is a natural component with powerful warming properties.
But at the same time, it is also an extremely allergenic product.
Honey for classic wraps is used both in pure form and as part of a mixture of several ingredients (cinnamon, pepper, salt, etc.). Beginners should opt for a pure honey wrap.
Clay wraps allow you to achieve excellent results in the fight against cellulite and stretch marks. Various types of clay are used (white, green, blue, black, etc.).
Just like honey, clay is used as an independent product, as well as in combination with others – decoctions, essential oils, ginger, etc.
It is very simple to prepare a remedy from pure clay – mix clay powder purchased at a pharmacy with warm water. The proportions should be such that the result is a mushy mixture. It is recommended to apply immediately so that the product does not dry out.
Salt wrap removes laxity, cleanses and refreshes the dermis.
Recipe for a mixture for wrapping: 100 g of sea salt, 20 ml of almond, olive or jojoba oil of your choice, 2-3 drops of lemon oil, 3 drops of juniper or lavender oil.
The first step is to thoroughly mix all types of oils. Add salt to the resulting aroma mixture. Move. Leave on for 10 minutes so that the salt absorbs some of the oils.
Apply to problem areas and wrap with foil, wrap yourself in a blanket. The exposure time is 25 minutes. Then take a shower without using soap.
Chocolate wraps help burn fat, remove excess fluid and have a beneficial effect on the skin – making it soft, velvety to the touch, smoothing the relief, nourishing.
The recipe for a chocolate mixture for home wrapping: 250 g of natural cocoa powder, 200 ml of milk with a fat content of 2.5%.
Heat milk in a water bath, add cocoa. Bring to a homogeneous consistency. Cool and apply to the body.
An excellent product in the fight for a perfect body. Natural coffee grounds can be used as a scrub.
Recipe for a coffee mixture for a slimming wrap: 100 g of ground coffee, 1 tbsp. l. olive oil, water.
From the indicated ingredients, prepare a product similar in structure to gruel.
The simplest but most effective product.
Mustard wrap recipe:
- Dilute dry mustard powder with warm water to a slurry consistency. Put in a warm place for 15–20 minutes.
- After the specified time, apply to problem areas, wrap with foil and cover with a blanket.
Please note that the exposure time should not exceed 20 minutes. Otherwise, you may get burned. If you feel an unbearable burning sensation on your skin, wash off the mixture and apply a soothing cream.
Cinnamon is a versatile remedy in the fight against cellulite.
Recipe for sweeping homemade cinnamon wrap:
- In warm water in an amount of 450 ml, gradually add 40 g of cinnamon powder and 340 g of cocoa. Move carefully. You can use a blender.
- Add 3-5 drops of any essential oil of your choice.
- Apply to the body. The procedure time should not exceed 45 minutes.
Soda in the composition of the mixtures for wrapping improves blood circulation, removes excess fluid and toxins, cares for the skin – cleanses the pores, smoothes the relief.
Prepare a wrapping agent as follows: add 1 tsp to one liter of warm water. soda, mix thoroughly. The baking soda should dissolve completely.
The procedure for soda wrapping is carried out as follows: soak bandages or gauze abundantly in the resulting solution, wrap the body, fix with a film. The exposure time is 60 minutes. Then you need to take a contrast shower.
Ginger has a fat-burning effect, helps fight cellulite, evens out the skin and improves its elasticity.
The recipe for a ginger wrap includes 100 g of grated ginger root, 200 ml of milk, 100 g of cocoa powder. Heat the milk, add cocoa and ginger. Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
A ginger wrap is done in a similar way to soda.
This organic mineral product is renowned for its beneficial properties. Shilajit wrap is beneficial not only for the skin, but also for the body as a whole. To prepare a wrap, you need to dissolve the mummy in warm water. For about 1 liter of liquid, 10 tablets of the drug are used. The wrapping is carried out in the same way as the previous two.
Apple cider vinegar tones the skin and unclogs the pores. It has a warming effect, due to which it removes excess fluid, promotes weight loss and cellulite reduction.
Slimming wraps are carried out using a solution prepared as follows: 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar mixed with 4 tbsp. water at room temperature. For the procedure, bandages or gauze are used and fixed with stretch film.
This natural product has been used for beauty treatments since ancient Egypt. The well-known Queen Cleopatra regularly took milk baths. Pure milk is rarely used for wrapping. But products with the addition of milk or milk powder are popular and effective.
Recipe: 4 tbsp. l. powdered milk is mixed with 2-3 tbsp. l. honey. It is diluted with water to obtain a creamy mass, which is used for the wrapping procedure.
Body wrap using base and essential oils is an excellent alternative to expensive ready-made preparations.
Slimming oil wrap recipes:
- Mix 40 ml of olive oil with 3-5 drops of lavender and orange oils.
- 50 ml of jojoba oil + 10 drops of grapefruit oil + 10 drops of juniper oil + 5 drops of cinnamon leaf oil + 5 drops of myrrh oil.
- 50 ml peach / olive / other base oil + 10 drops of lavender oil + 15 drops of myrrh oil + 10 drops of orange oil.
The resulting mixture is rubbed into problem areas with massage movements. A film is wound on top. The exposure time is 30-60 minutes.
Ready-made slimming wraps can be bought in specialized stores, supermarkets, pharmacy chains. Among the most popular
- Chocolate thermal wrapping agent. Brand – MoDaMo. Cost from 200 rubles
- Warming simulator. DNC brand. Price from 80 rubles.
- Thermoactive Dead sea wrap. Manufacturer Vitex. The main component is dirt. Cost from 290 rubles.
- Micronized seaweed for wrapping. Alganika brand. The cost is from 950 rubles.
- Means for hot wrapping. TM Fitness model. Price from 130 rubles.
- Aravia Organic anti-cellulite intensive cold wrap preparation. The cost is from 960 rubles.
- Slimming mask Ice wrap. Manufacturer Floresan. Price from 120 rubles.
How to increase the efficiency of wrapping
You can increase the effectiveness of wrapping if you follow the following recommendations:
- course application;
- compliance with all requirements before and after the procedure;
- proper balanced nutrition;
- minimal physical activity;
- the use of additional means for body shaping (lotions, creams).
Wrapping can really become a faithful assistant in the fight against excess weight. Simplicity and affordability allows you to carry out the procedure yourself at home. But, do not forget that after all this is an effect on the body. Don’t overdo it. Only a correct and rational approach will bring health benefits and help in shaping a beautiful body.