The skin of the neck and décolleté is also noticeable, as is our face, which we care about a lot, believing that it is the face that will be noticed, because it reflects our mood, bright and beautiful feelings, etc. Therefore, makeup is applied to the face to hide imperfections and look as good as possible, but the neck … The neck will give out our age if we want to reduce it a little, or even hide it. Age is easiest to “read” not by the face, but by the wrinkles of the neck.
The skin of the neck and décolleté is special. It has few sebaceous glands, and therefore its natural protection against moisture loss is practically absent. The skin in this area is tightly attached to the rather active muscles that are involved in the movement of the head, arms and facial expressions, so it stretches all the time.
And also the sun’s rays! If the face is protected to some extent by a layer of makeup, then the skin of the neck and décolleté often lacks this protection. Your face can be of any type, and your neck skin is always dry. Therefore, taking care of the skin of the neck and décolleté should be started as early as possible. Additional hydration, nutrition and protection are already needed at a very early, tender age.
What products to use for care
Can face or body products be used on the neck and décolleté area? In the cosmetic industry, products are offered separately for the face, neck and body, as well as for the hands and feet. Try to use the recommended products for your neck and décolleté. They differ in composition from products for the face and body. Neck skin is more sensitive than facial skin, and fat burning formulations are often used for the body.
If your budget is tight, you can use the same creams for this area as for your face. However, if products are used for problematic facial skin, then this option for the neck may not be suitable. The fact is that these creams can be especially active and cause irritation or dryness in the neck and décolleté area. Then it is better to use a body cream, excluding fat burning agents.
So, what components to look for in the composition of products for the neck and décolleté area?
Look for – cocoa butter, shea butter, sunflower, grape seed butter – for antioxidant protection and to soften the skin. Geranium, rosemary, citrus, immortelle, rose and chamomile oils are suitable as tonics. Hyaluronic acid is necessary for moisturizing, extracts of aloe, horsetail, sea buckthorn – for quick recovery.
Necessary in the composition of care products and peptides. They are the building blocks of proteins. Peptides activate regeneration, renewal and protection processes in skin cells. Thanks to them, the process of cell regeneration is restored.
Look for peptides in the composition called Dermikan, Matrixil, Iseril. They provide an anti-age effect, enhance the supply of collagen in the skin, strengthen its fibers, increase elasticity and help reduce wrinkles. As part of the cream for the care of the skin of the neck and décolleté, vitamins A, E, C, F and proteins are also required.
Neck and décolleté creams and serums
There are many products in the cosmetic industry that have earned the praise of consumers, and among them …
Clarins Extra-Firming Youthful Lift Neck & Decollete Care – Regenerating, rejuvenating neck and décolleté cream (FRANCE).
Nectar lifting serum for neck, décolleté and bust Firm-A-Fix Nectar Hydropeptide (USA).
Emulsion for bust and decollete Phytobuste + décolleté, Sisley (FRANCE).
These brands are famous for their expensive but effective products that contain the best ingredients, but not all of us have the opportunity to purchase them. Cosmetics from Korea are in no way inferior, and sometimes even superior, to their Western counterparts, so it has long won the recognition of many women.
Neck cream with Chaga mushroom extract The Saem Chaga Anti-Wrinkle Neck Cream
Anti-aging neck cream with peptides TONY MOLY Bio Ex Cell Neck Cream
Our closest western neighbors – Belarus (BELITA – VITEX) also have decent funds.
Algo mask for face, neck and décolleté – restoring radiance and youthfulness of the skin.
OIL is a serum for face, neck and décolleté.
Anti-wrinkle anti-wrinkle cashmere cream for face and neck.
As for home remedies for the skin of the neck and décolleté, it should be noted that all creams and masks made from natural products that you use for your face can be applied to your neck without any fear. Just do not forget that the skin of the neck is still dry.
And a few more tips for caring for your neck and décolleté.
- Use sunscreen and SPF products, as delicate skin is exposed to harmful UV radiation that can cause pigmentation.
- Exfoliate regularly with gentle and soft products, without abrasive particles. You can use cleansing masks. Home remedies with fruit acids are also good. But in the summer, you need to be careful not to cause pigmentation from exposure to strong components.
- Moisturize your skin regularly, several times a day. The skin in these places always needs additional moisture. This will help moisturizing masks and patches.
- Massage the skin in a circular motion, starting at the décolleté and going up. The massage will improve blood circulation, the skin will become more elastic.
- Use a contrast shower. This procedure will also improve skin elasticity.
- Additional cleansing can be done as follows – before bathing, wipe the skin with a micellar liquid, and after water procedures – with a tonic, then apply serum and / or cream.
- An improperly fitted pillow can harm your neck skin. Better to choose an orthopedic pillow.
- Watch your posture. All funds can be wasted if you slouch. In this case, blood circulation is disturbed, the process of skin nourishment slows down, and the skin also sags (gravitational ptosis). Therefore, strengthen your back muscles, visit a massage therapist, thereby improving your posture and skin in the neck and décolleté area.
- And keep in mind that if you often sit bent over and tilted your head over your smartphone, this will bring you great grief in the future …
Author: Tatiana Dmitrieva