Thread lifting is a rejuvenation procedure carried out without surgery. It is popular among categories of different ages over 15 years old and consists in the fact that soft tissues are tightened with special threads.
After the implantation of threads under the skin, the material becomes overgrown with proteins that are harmless to the body: collagen and elastin, without harming the patient. The formed protein corset is the best way to combat age-related ptosis. It provides tissue elasticity for a long time.
Features and effect
The essence of the procedure is the subcutaneous injection of special threads in order to minimize the defect of sagging skin. The skin, pre-cleaned and treated with an antiseptic, is punctured and fixed with threads under the action of a local anesthetic, making the face contour taut and clear. The procedure takes 1–2 hours in duration.
Thread lifting is performed on the face, chin, décolleté, intimate and other parts of the body. To get rid of the “rings of Venus” will help thread lifting the neck. Filament eye lifting is also possible. The choice of the method of tightening a certain part of the body depends on the individual characteristics of the body and the problematics, is selected by a cosmetologist.
The results that the thread lifting will help to achieve:
- firmness and clarity of the contour of the face;
- elasticity and density of the skin;
- getting rid of a double chin and sagging skin;
- tightness in the forearm;
- giving the appearance of youthfulness and freshness;
- getting rid of deep wrinkles and crow’s feet;
- tightness and elasticity in the neck and décolleté;
- disappearance of cellulite from problem parts of the body;
- tightness of the abdomen.
Indications and contraindications
Thread lifting is indicated for:
- age changes in 35-50 years;
- loss of skin tone and elasticity;
- vertical and horizontal wrinkles;
- dropped corners of the eyebrows;
- crow’s feet and other small wrinkles;
- sagging cheeks;
- the presence of a double chin;
- deep wrinkles and folds in the nasolabial part of the face.
In case of asymmetry of the lower third of the face, chin thread lifting is indicated. The cosmetic procedure is considered safe. Recommended for persons with moderate severity of the above disadvantages. At the same time, a correction is not excluded with deeper age signs. The result of such a procedure is not as pronounced as with surgical intervention.
Contraindications to thread lifting are:
- the period of pregnancy and lactation;
- the presence of viral, dermatological, infectious diseases, inflammatory processes;
- oncological and autoimmune diseases, diabetes mellitus, heart and vascular problems.
Before thread lifting, it is necessary to warn the doctor about the presence of allergic reactions or other problems, and also make an appointment for a preliminary consultation. Only a cosmetologist is able to assess the state of health, explain all the pros and cons of thread face lifting and allow the procedure.
Varieties of threads
There are many types of threads used in cosmetology. The threads differ in the shape and composition of the material, but the main criterion is whether they dissolve or not. Depending on the type and technique used, the thread lifting is also different.
When carrying out it, four types of threads are used:
- Non-absorbable threads – gold and platinum. Their diameter is no more than a millimeter.
- Tissulift – take a long time to dissolve. They can be made from different fibers, in structure they are a pigtail thread.
- Mesothreads – dissolving under the skin. They are made from polydioxanone and coated with polyglycolic or polylactic acid. Threadlifting is a procedure that allows you to correct individual areas of the skin by implanting 3D mesothreads.
- Silhouette lift – do not dissolve completely. They are made from polypropylene. They are used mainly for thread lifting of the buttocks.
The choice of threads for the procedure is made in conjunction with a cosmetologist during the consultation process before the procedure. The 3D mesothread thread lifting method is especially recommended for patients with thin and sensitive skin.
An individual card is drawn up for each patient before the thread lifting procedure. It is needed so that the doctor can understand how many threads and what type will be needed to carry out the lifting. The scheme of their location is applied to the skin before the procedure.
Local anesthesia is used for bio-reinforcement. When reinforcing the face, external anesthesia in the form of a cream or gel is usually used. During body thread lifting, the patient is injected with local anesthetics, most often lidocaine.
Thread lifting is carried out using special needles into which reinforcing threads are inserted in advance. A microscopic incision is made in the skin and only after that a needle is placed there. The threading area is similar to the area where the rejuvenation procedure is performed. Face threadlifting with mesothreads takes no more than one hour.
The thread is inserted in one direction, and pulled in the opposite direction so that the notches on the thread are fixed inside the tissues. It is due to this that the skin is tightened and its sagging is prevented. Scars or scars are not formed during thread lifting. Dry crusts remain at the puncture site, which completely disappear after three to four days.
Recovery can take up to one and a half months. The rehabilitation process after thread lifting is carried out by day as follows:
- 1-3 days after a facelift with mesothreads. You should be at home, minimize the load. Do not restrict the use of facial expressions. It is important to wear a compression mask. It is best to stay in bed, watch non-emotional programs and movies, draw, read, listen to music or audiobooks. In no case should you wash your face, touch your face, use any cosmetic products other than those prescribed by your doctor. It is important to sleep on your back. Food and water should be neither hot nor cold, neutral in taste. Tough, difficult-to-chew food is prohibited. Drinking and smoking are also prohibited.
- 4-7 days. You can leave the house, but only if necessary and in a headdress with wide brim (in summer). A compression mask must be worn at home and while sleeping. It is forbidden to stay in the open sun, in the solarium, in the steam room or in the sauna. The food is not hot. It is still impossible to use cosmetics and touch your face, laugh, smile. Avoid physical activity, including sexual intercourse. If the swelling after threadlifting has subsided, you can gently wipe your face with a clean cotton pad.
- 8-14 days. You can eat any food, including hot food. Walking is allowed, but not in the bright sun. It is still worth avoiding tanning salons, saunas, tanning. Massage, active physical activity, use of cosmetics are prohibited. You can gently wash your face with warm water. Sleeping is allowed on the side.
- 15-30 days. Restoring the usual rhythm of life. You can wash your face in the morning and evening, sleep in any position. After washing, gently pat the skin with a soft towel without squeezing. You can go to work if it is not related to physical activity. Sports prohibited, solarium, beach vacations.
After a month, you can return to your normal lifestyle after your doctor’s approval.
The consequences of bio-reinforcement include:
- Bruises – the appearance of small hematomas is associated with damage to blood vessels, poor blood coagulability or the period of menstruation during the introduction of threads. The use of regenerating gels with ointments helps to get rid of bruises in 7-10 days.
- Puffiness – hardly noticeable, typical for delicate areas of the skin, disappears on its own in 2–4 days.
- Mimic disorders – appear when the nerve endings are squeezed, pass after a couple of hours or after 3-4 days. If the swelling persists, a specialist consultation is recommended.
- Overcorrection – provoked by swelling, artificially lifting tissue (after 1–1.5 weeks, the skin takes a natural position).
You should not be afraid of such complications after thread lifting, as they pass quickly.
Other correction options
The cost of the thread lifting procedure depends on the amount of correction and the number of threads. The price for 1 thread starts from 1,000 rubles. Is there an alternative to thread lifting? Yes, the following procedures are alternative ways of such face contour correction:
- Contour correction using fillers. Safe biodegradable material is introduced into problem areas, increasing them in volume (cost on average from 10,000-20,000 rubles).
- Biorevitalization… The procedure involves intradermal and subcutaneous injection of hyaluronic acid, smoothes fine wrinkles and crow’s feet. The price depends on the active ingredient and the injected volume, starting from 7,000 rubles per 1 ml.
- Plastic surgery… It is advisable to resort to it in cases where the result is not achieved in other ways. On average, the price varies from 200,000 rubles and depends on the complexity of the operation, the status of the clinic and the professionalism of the doctor.
Regardless of the decision made, the choice of clinic should be treated with the utmost care and attention.
Thread lifting is a non-surgical subcutaneous implantation of special threads. This aesthetic procedure is performed with the aim of tightening the soft tissues of the face and body and rejuvenating the skin. The technique is an excellent alternative to surgical intervention.
Useful video about thread lifting