It is generally accepted that proper care for the skin of the face and body, for nails and hair can only be obtained in beauty salons from qualified masters. And this is true when it comes to specialized procedures, for example, injection cosmetology or plastic surgery. But there are quite a few alternatives to the beauty treatments that most of us do in the salon. It is quite possible to repeat them at home, saving a lot! Catch 3 of the best alternatives to salon treatments with detailed instructions that you can easily do yourself.
Hair lamination in the salon VS home hair glazing
Hair lamination in the salon has long and successfully won the hearts of many women. After the salon procedure, the hair becomes absolutely smooth, glossy, shiny like a mirror. They stop curling and fluffing, lay down in beautiful strands and lend themselves to different styling. In beauty salons, the product is applied to clean, dry hair along the entire length, and then the curls are dried with a hairdryer or special salon drying, so that the active substances begin their effect. The hair is thoroughly washed, and for this, no shampoo or balm is used, and dried.
Home glazing of hair allows you to get about the same result as a salon procedure. The only thing is that the duration of this effect will be shorter. Professional products are still more active than those that we use at home. Here is a detailed instruction for the home procedure.
What do you need?
- gelatin – 1 or 2 packages, depending on the length of the hair;
- boiled water – 3 tablespoons;
- natural oil – 2 tablespoons
How to do?
- Pour gelatin with water and heat in the microwave or in a water bath. Stir thoroughly so that no lumps remain. Do not let the gelatin cool completely or it will gel and harden. The gelatin should be a little warm and creamy in order to distribute well to the curls.
- Add vegetable oil to the gelatinous mass. Olive, corn, sunflower, almond are well suited, you can add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil. If oil is not at hand, you can add the required amount of hair balm to the mass.
- Wash your hair and dry it with a towel, no hair dryer is needed. We divide the hair into several strands, depending on the length and density. Apply gelatin to the strands, retreating from the roots at least 3-4 centimeters. Wrap each strand with cling film, wrap your head with a towel.
- We keep this mask for at least 30 minutes, and more is possible (up to 60 minutes). Wash off thoroughly with warm water. Here, as in the salon procedure, it is no longer necessary to use either shampoo, balm or conditioner. Dry your hair and enjoy the result!
SPA wrap in the salon VS home body wrap
SPA wraps, as a rule, are offered in all spa salons and even in ordinary beauty salons – from anti-cellulite ones to relaxing whole body wraps paired with aromatherapy. Of course, not many people want to bother with wraps at home, because in the salon they will do everything for you, and in addition, you can use the body massage service. But just think how much such an all inclusive procedure costs in the salon, and how much you will spend on the necessary funds if you try to do everything yourself. The difference is not several times, but tens of times!
Home body wraps can be just as varied, and you can arrange for yourself a SPA-salon at home at least every week. For the procedure itself, you can use ready-made mixtures that are sold in any cosmetic store, or you can use natural remedies. We offer a honey wrap that perfectly smoothes and nourishes the skin.
What do you need?
- natural honey – the amount depends on the area of application on the body (can be applied to the buttocks and thighs or used for the whole body);
- cling film.
How to do?
- To begin with, you need not just take a shower, but scrub your entire body well. To do this, you can use peels and scrubs or a hard washcloth or a natural brush for anti-cellulite massage.
- We heat the honey to warmth, but in no case should it be overheated, otherwise all useful active components will be neutralized. It is better to warm honey in a water bath so that it becomes more liquid and warms up evenly.
- We put honey on the “working area” of our body, and immediately wrap it with cling film. Then you need to wrap yourself in a warm blanket and relax for 40-60 minutes. It is normal for the skin to tingle or tingle slightly.
- Then we thoroughly wash off the honey with warm water, and apply a nourishing cream to the skin. Regular procedures, done every 5-7 days for a month, can give tangible positive results in terms of skin condition and getting rid of cellulite.
Alginate mask in salon VS algae home face mask
Alginate masks have gained popularity among the fair sex, first of all, for their effectiveness. The mask contains a huge amount of collagen, vitamins, trace elements, antioxidants and other useful substances. The salon procedure involves cleansing the skin, applying a mask for a certain time and moisturizing the skin at the end. As a result, the skin is tightened, smoothed, hydrated, age-related changes become almost invisible, the skin is also cleansed and literally shines with health.
A homemade seaweed face mask will have the same effect. Why? It’s simple: alginate is a substance made from brown algae. Alginate or alginic acid, when combined with water, turns into a gel, which gives the ideal consistency for the mask. How to repeat the alginate mask at home?
What do you need?
- ready-made alginate powder (this is seaweed) – sold in pharmacies, as well as in many cosmetic stores or on sites with professional cosmetics;
- boiled water;
- additional ingredients are optional (see below for details).
How to do?
- To begin with, thoroughly cleanse your face, prepare the skin for applying the mask, you can peel or use a non-aggressive scrub.
- As a rule, there are instructions for use on the packaging with dry alginant powder. If you buy prepackaged products in portions, mix the powder with enough water to get the consistency of thick sour cream.
- Alginate hardens very quickly, so you need to apply the mask to your face as soon as possible. It is best to use a wide brush for applying masks for this. Spread the gel mixture, leaving a free area around the eyes (you can and should apply on the lips!).
- Keep the mixture for about 20-30 minutes, then remove it: the alginate mask turns into a dense film and is easily removed. Rinse your face with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
- As for additional ingredients, you can add natural oils to the mixture (tea tree – for oily skin, almond – for dry skin), lemon juice (vitamin C is suitable for skin prone to rosacea), hyaluronic acid (for deep hydration).
As you can see, all these (and many more) salon procedures can be easily repeated at home, significantly saving on your beauty!
Author: Tatiana Maltseva
Source : mylitta.ru