How to turn whipped whites with sugar into a dessert of amazing taste is known in Austria firsthand. Even before the quarantine, she managed to visit the homeland of Mozart, Salzburg. And I fell in love not only with the beauty of the nature of this wonderful city, but also with the desserts.
For a long time I did not dare to cook the most mysterious Austrian dessert – salzburg nockerlnuntil I got this recipe. The expression “The devil is not so terrible as he is painted” fully describes the preparation of this dessert.
In its appearance, the dessert symbolizes the 3 hills that surround Salzburg, and powdered sugar is the snow-capped peaks. Traditionally, the Salzburg Nockerln is served with cranberry syrup or cream. Well, I really liked this dessert with my mother’s raspberries, grated with sugar.
Whipped egg whites with sugar
Today edition “So easy!” will share instructions for making an unusual dessert from whipped proteins under the name “Salzburg Nockerln”. It tastes softer than a cloud!
Ingredients for dessert
- 100 g of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 50 g raspberries
- 2 tbsp. l. flour
- 1 tbsp. l. starch
- 0.5 tsp vanilla flavor
- lemon zest
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- icing sugar for dusting
Ingredients for syrup
- 50 g raspberries
- 40 ml cream
- 10 g of sugar
- Separate the yolks from the whites. You will need 5 whites and 3 yolks. Whisk the whites with a pinch of salt until crisp peaks, then add the sugar while continuing to beat.
- In a separate bowl, add lemon zest and vanilla flavor to the yolks. Stir well, and then pour the yolks to the protein mass. Add flour, starch and baking powder. Mix everything gently with a silicone spatula.
- Grease a baking dish with a small piece of butter, and then add half of the mass. Spread raspberries evenly on top, and then form three peaks from the second half of the mass (remember that these are the mountains around Salzburg and there are only three of them).
- Bake the dessert in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Note that the peaks should be browning, but not brown. If they redden too quickly (too early), lower the oven temperature. And I beg you, do not open the oven until the end of the process, otherwise everything is gone, the peaks will fall from the temperature drop.
- While the dessert is baking, you can make the raspberry sauce. To do this, in a separate container, knead the raspberries into gruel with a fork. Whisk the cream and sugar and mix with the raspberries.
- Sprinkle the finished dessert with icing sugar. Serve it to the table with raspberry sauce… Enjoy your meal!
And to get acquainted with this recipe in more detail, watch the video from the wonderful culinary channel “Delicious business.” Video recipes from this channel will help you realize the beauty of the amazing art of cooking, and easily make you a real master in the kitchen.
As my friends said: “This recipe’s whipped whites and sugar are awesome!»Nockerln will appeal to all soufflé lovers.
Having tasted this delicacy just once, you will definitely understand why it is considered the pinnacle. Austrian cooking… The dessert is incredibly tasty and tender. I sincerely recommend trying to cook it!
Source: Source link