The standard list of indications for examination includes:
- A history of indications of abnormal blood glucose levels.
- Systematic sports.
- Systematic adherence to strict diets, especially with restriction of carbohydrates.
- Abrupt changes in the daily routine.
- Dramatic changes in diet. Changes in carbohydrate intake are especially important.
- Correction of therapy for diabetes. Patients with a confirmed diagnosis of diabetes mellitus are strongly advised to regularly measure their blood sugar levels (often “diabetics” do it on their own, using special devices – glucometers, and keep a diary in which the measurement results are indicated). This helps to control the effectiveness of therapy, and also allows you to correct it in time.
A single measurement that is outside the normal range does not mean diabetes. In such cases, a whole set of clarifying studies is assigned to confirm or refute the diagnosis. A careful analysis of the situation is also necessary (the diet of such a person, his dietary habits, daily regimen, the presence or absence of diets, are important) and anamnesis (for example, did he forget that the analysis is being taken on an empty stomach).
It is an indication for the determination of blood glucose and the presence of symptoms suggestive of diabetes mellitus in a person who has not previously been diagnosed with such a diagnosis. This includes the following conditions:
- systematic dry mouth;
- thirst for a long time (against the background of a normal lifestyle);
- sharp fluctuations in body weight in the absence of any changes in the daily routine and diet;
- increased fatigue, decreased performance in the absence of external causes, while maintaining the usual, daily level of activity;
- a significant increase in the volume of urine against the background of the use of the usual volume of fluid;
- decreased immunity (this becomes noticeable in the deterioration of the healing of microtraumas, the increase and severity of “seasonal” diseases);
- itching for no apparent reason (the appearance of the skin, as a rule, is not changed).
This seemingly simple analysis has been made mandatory. Even those who have never registered deviations from the norm take it during the clinical examination. This makes it possible to identify a violation of carbohydrate metabolism in the body even at those stages when they did not have time to change the functioning of the body and cause characteristic symptoms, which means that they have not yet caused much harm to the body.
Source : shkolazhizni.ru