If, after a hard day’s work, conditionally a quarter of an hour remains, is it necessary to occupy this time with physical exercises, or is it better to try to give your best only on days of rest? Will ten-minute workouts be effective?
According to the World Health Organization, in order to be in good physical shape, you need to devote at least 75 minutes a week to exercise. This means that, if you wish, you can split this time into several activities. In fact, if you divide this time by seven days, you get a little over ten minutes.
However, you need to understand that it is not enough just, for example, to perform a single exercise for these ten minutes.
The correct organization of training is important, which must be approached wisely. There are several rules when choosing a program:
1. Variety of exercises. First of all, as mentioned above, variety in classes is important. This means that there should be several exercises. It is not enough, for example, to swim or ride a bike for a quarter of an hour.
2. Dynamism. Exercises should be alternated. So, for example, it is good to perform several movements from a prone position, then others from a standing position.
At the same time, classes should not be static: for example, the classical plank will not work, as well as many movements from yoga and Pilates, where you need to freeze in a certain position for a while. Do not do static exercises, in which there is no movement, but only muscle tension.
3. Interval and intensity. If you train only 10 minutes a day, then you need to follow the rule of two “i”: classes should be interval and intense.
- This means, firstly, that it is necessary to achieve such intensity and speed that it is a little uncomfortable and difficult to do the exercises.
- Secondly, classes and rest should also alternate at the rate of 1 to 3. Performing one exercise for half a minute, then rest should be done for 10 seconds.
To all that has been said, it should be added that in the case of sports, perhaps, at least something is better than nothing at all.
- Studies show that those who exercised even 7-10 minutes a day, after six weeks of such regular training, became much fitter than those who did not exercise at all. Both the general health and mood improved.
Even after a short session of 10-12 minutes, you can burn up to 180 calories, which is more than 1200 calories per week. Therefore, home workouts even at 10 minutes will also have a positive effect on the figure. A small effect can be noticeable within a month.
Just do a small set every day and you will find yourself getting healthier and stronger.
Source: Source link