Wrinkles on the forehead: how to effectively smooth out character print?
Photo from lofaswindceferno.exblog.jp
Wrinkles on the forehead are the result of gradual skin aging and hyperactive facial expressions, even at a young age. A huge amount of movement of the facial muscles during a conversation creates a zone of tension in the forehead. In the early stages, subtle wrinkles may arise from the habit of wrinkling the forehead or other factors. You can slow down the process of their formation at the initial stage and remove forehead wrinkles using effective home methods or high-quality salon care.
Over the years, getting rid of persistent grooves that visually add age can only be done by a dermatocosmetologist. After evaluating the condition of the skin, a professional will select the best option for an anti-aging – anti-aging – program using a set of procedures.
When do forehead wrinkles first appear?
The aging of the female face initially manifests itself in the form of fatigue or the results of overactive facial expressions – the habits of wrinkling the forehead, “thrown up” in surprise, or moving the eyebrows to focus or frown.
The first wrinkles on the forehead and bridge of the nose in overly emotional girls can appear even at the age of 20–25.
If you learn to relax the muscle tone of the face, master facial expressions and control its activity, then you can smooth out early wrinkles on the forehead at home.
In addition to the natural aging process of the skin, wrinkles appear and then deepen on the forehead from the following factors:
- Chronic stress . The mechanism of its action contributes to premature “aging” of cells, suppression of the body’s defenses, which leads to the early appearance of wrinkles in the problem area.
- Excessively active facial expressions . Hyper-emotional people who use facial expressions extensively to express their feelings notice forehead wrinkles much earlier than their peers.
- smoking . Tobacco tar slows down metabolic processes in tissues, which provokes the destruction of collagen – a building protein and leads to dehydration – dehydration – of the skin. In addition, nicotine has a destructive effect on antioxidants – vitamins C, A and E, which reduce the amount of free radicals in the body that activate the aging process.
- hereditary predisposition . A genetic factor can provoke the appearance of the first wrinkles on the forehead as early as 18–20 years old, especially with hyperactivity of the facial muscles and abuse of the solarium.
- Sunburn without the use of protective equipment. Ultraviolet radiation dries out the skin, damaging the collagen and elastin threads that make up the elastic frame of the dermis. If girls spend a lot of time in the sun, then they need to use day care and decorative cosmetics with SPF protection so as not to get forehead wrinkles at a young age.
- Rigid, nutrient-poor diets, unbalanced diets. Dermatologists recommend saturating the menu with a variety of vitamin-containing foods to prolong the health and youthfulness of the skin.
- Water deficiency . Failure to comply with the drinking regime, which prescribes the use of at least 30 ml of pure water without gas per 1 kg of body weight, leads to dehydration, dry skin and the appearance of wrinkles in the forehead from an early age.
- External natural impact – air pollution, extremely high or low air temperatures, high humidity.
- Improper skin care – the use of low-quality cosmetics, products that do not correspond to the type of dermis or age characteristics, the habit of not washing off cosmetics at night.
- Sleep disturbances – lack of sleep and inadequate rest, as well as the presence of diseases of internal organs that adversely affect the condition of the skin. Timely seeking medical help will help to avoid consequences.
How to get rid of wrinkles
Effectively remove small wrinkles on the forehead with home remedies is obtained in the early stages, if you regularly apply masks and compresses, do massage and face-building – exercises for the muscles of the face.
Remedies for wrinkles on the forehead should be chosen taking into account the type of dermis. For oily, masks with egg white, salt, yeast, lemon juice, cosmetic clay, juices, honey, kefir and low-fat cottage cheese are suitable.
Good for dry skin:
- all types of vegetable oils – olive, sea buckthorn, almond, coconut, argan and linseed;
- cream, milk, sour cream and cottage cheese;
- egg yolk;
- aloe juice;
Home remedies with oatmeal and boiled potatoes, cucumber puree and avocado pulp, banana and mummy can fight wrinkles on the forehead.
Protein mask for oily skin
Protein 1 egg beat with 1.5 tbsp. l. lemon, lime or grapefruit juice and 1 tsp. salt. Treat the skin to get rid of mimic wrinkles on the forehead. After 10-15 minutes, thoroughly rinse off the remnants of the product and moisturize the skin with cream.
Gelatin mask for dry skin
Gelatin – 1 tbsp. l. dilute in 60 ml of low-fat milk and hold for half an hour so that the crystals swell. Heat the resulting mixture in the microwave or on a steam bath to a gel-like state and treat the folds with it. After 25-30 minutes, no more, rinse and apply a protective cream.
Paraffin mask for everyone
Melt 1 tbsp. l. cosmetic paraffin on a steam bath. Wipe oily skin with a drying lotion, dry skin with warm olive oil. Distribute liquid paraffin so that at least 1 cm remains to the upper border of the hair. Cover the product with a gauze napkin, parchment and a towel. After 20 minutes, you can clean the skin with paper towels and apply a moisturizer.
Rejuvenating oil, paraffin, mint compresses help to effectively remove the first mimic wrinkles from the forehead.
A hot oil compress refreshes the skin well, expands pores and draws out impurities, helps tissues breathe and gets rid of wrinkles on the forehead. An unrefined product – olive, almond, sea buckthorn, peach or apricot, jojoba or grape seed, walnut or sesame oil – is slightly heated in a steam bath or a few seconds in the microwave, to body temperature.
You will need a two-layer gauze napkin, parchment or cling film, for fixing – an elastic bandage.
The procedure is simple:
- lying down, place a napkin soaked in warm castor oil or any base oil on your forehead;
- cover the gauze with food parchment or film;
- secure with a bandage or elastic bandage;
- hold the compress on your face for 2-3 hours, if there is no discomfort.
Finish the process by blotting the remains with a paper towel or towel.
You can smooth wrinkles on your forehead at home using:
- cosmetic paraffin – 30 g;
- gauze napkins – 2-3 layers.
Paraffin is melted to a liquid state and moistened with a napkin. The forehead skin is treated with any warm base oil or fat cream. Then a napkin soaked in paraffin is placed on the problem area, covered with parchment and a dry towel.
After lying down for half an hour, you can carefully remove the napkin, delicately wipe off the remaining oil, blotting with paper towels.
To remove wrinkles from the forehead at home, you can use regular mint tea. One glass of the drink must first be brewed and made into ice cubes in molds. The second glass of tea is prepared before the procedure, cools slightly so as not to burn the skin of the forehead.
- A terry cloth napkin covering the forehead, but not covering the temporal zones, should be moistened in a hot infusion, wring out and cover the skin of the forehead for 3 minutes.
- Then wipe your forehead with ice cubes from a mint drink.
Repeat these steps 3-4 times.
Pharmaceutical preparations help to remove wrinkles on the forehead, as they nourish the skin, moisturize and even out its surface. Such funds are inexpensive, so they can be used in courses or added to masks, after consulting with a beautician:
- “Retinoic ointment” compensates for the deficiency of vitamin A, which is actively involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin fibers.
- “Badyaga” serves to smooth wrinkles on the forehead, remove acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and improve skin color.
- “Pectilift” is a gel with a tightening effect, which contains concentrated and purified hyaluronate, which intensively moisturizes the skin, smoothes the grooves and narrows the pores.
- Curiosin , which contains hyaluronic acid and zinc, provides healing of microcracks, saturates the skin with moisture and smoothes fine wrinkles on the forehead, prevents the formation of new wrinkles.
Self-massage helps to get rid of forehead wrinkles at home, as it relaxes muscles and increases blood microcirculation in tissues, which helps to rejuvenate and reduce the depth of creases:
- Cleanse your face, wash your hands and warm them.
- Before treating the forehead, apply warm massage oil or nourishing cream.
- Warm up the skin, lightly stroking and patting it with fingertips.
- Stroke, without stretching the skin strongly from the middle of the forehead towards the temples. You need to start this action above the eyebrows, and then gradually rise to the border with the hairline.
- Perform spiral movements in the same direction – from the center to the temples and back.
- To reduce wrinkles on the forehead, you need to draw figure eights, circles on the bridge of the nose during the massage, repeating movements clockwise and counterclockwise.
- You can complete the procedure with light pats along the massage lines.
Regular exercises help to remove wrinkles on the forehead at home, as small folds gratefully respond to them and smooth out under the influence of stress:
- Raise your eyebrows high and open your eyes wide several times – 5-10 repetitions.
- With the pads of the index, middle and ring fingers, gently press the skin of the forehead over the eyebrows, positioning symmetrically to each other. In this case, the ring fingers should be at the upper border of the eyebrows. Gently stretch the skin towards the temples, fix for 10 seconds and release. Repeat this action 8-10 times.
- Press the forehead firmly with the pads of your fingers, raise your eyebrows up, lowering the skin down with your fingers, creating resistance.
- To remove transverse wrinkles on the forehead, it is necessary to press the area of u200bu200bhair growth with your palms and pull the skin of the forehead up, while lowering your eyes down.
Horizontal and vertical grooves become more pronounced with age. Deep wrinkles on the forehead can be removed only with the help of salon procedures recommended by a dermatocosmetologist, taking into account the condition of wrinkles, their depth, skin tone, elasticity and ability to retain moisture from the inside.
Removing wrinkles on the forehead in cosmetology is associated with the use of various techniques:
- Anti-aging programs with serums, creams and emulsions for day and night care, make-up removal and morning wash.
- Injections with botulinum toxin – “beauty injections” with the drugs “Botox”, “Dysport” or “Xeomin”, relaxing the tense mimic muscles of the forehead and smoothing wrinkles. The course of treatment is repeated 2 times a year, combined with other methods of skin rejuvenation, in order to remove mimic wrinkles on the forehead.
- Contouring, which is used after “beauty injections” with “Botox” and similar drugs. Fillers alone without the use of a muscle relaxant to remove mimic wrinkles in the forehead will be ineffective. The effect lasts 6-10 months.
- Plasmolifting or lipofilling , similar to contouring, but in the first case, autologous, a person’s own plasma is injected under the skin, in the second – autologous, purified, fat from the sides or abdomen.
- Mesotherapy and biorevitalization , when miniature needles with the help of a roller deliver a cocktail with hyaluronate, vitamin complexes and other anti-aging components to the desired layer.
- Microdermabrasion , which exfoliates the surface layer of the epithelium with dead cells to quickly remove forehead wrinkles or reduce their depth. The technique is effective for thin and small folds, with serious signs of aging it does not work.
- Chemical peels aimed at dissolving the stratum corneum and restoring young skin in a natural way.
- Acid peels with alpha hydroxy acids and retinoids that stimulate active collagen synthesis and smooth wrinkles.
- Fractional Laser Therapy and LED Rejuvenation to help reduce deep forehead wrinkles in a non-surgical way without the use of harsh chemicals. The method is safe, does not cause serious side effects. Its essence is the thermal effect of the laser on the surface of the skin, causing microdamage, which starts the process of regeneration – renewal – of tissues.
- Facelift plastic surgery – rhytidectomy – is resorted to in difficult cases, when sparing methods do not give a noticeable effect. Eyebrow lifting is combined with injection schemes – Botox, contouring and mesotherapy. A chemical peel can be an addition to a surgical facelift.
If you urgently need to mask wrinkles on your forehead, then the following instructions will come in handy:
- On moistened skin, before treating the forehead with foundation, you need to apply a thin layer of primer – a light-reflecting base for make-up.
- Tiny particles of mica in the primer, filling the folds, reflect light and help hide wrinkles on the forehead, while preventing the matte foundation from getting into them, which visually outlines each room.
The meaning of wrinkles
Doctors of ancient China and Greece practiced techniques that made it possible to determine the character traits of a person, his habits, mental abilities, and also diagnose his illnesses by the location, direction and other features of facial wrinkles on the forehead.
Deep horizontal wrinkles on the forehead can serve as an imprint of problems with the nervous system, lack of sleep, frequent stress and irritability. Such folds indicate a predisposition to depressive states and neurotic disorders.
A large number of transverse wrinkles may indicate disorders in the musculoskeletal system, as a result of which a person will experience frequent headaches, malaise and dizziness.
At the same time, longitudinal wrinkles on the forehead indicate a person’s high intelligence, excessive concentration and foresight, consistency in actions, and the ability to endure mental overload.
One eyebrow wrinkle on the forehead – vertical – a sign of a possible problem with the digestive system. Sometimes the groove between the eyebrows signals a heart rhythm failure or disease of the nose and paranasal sinuses.
If the vertical creases between the eyebrows have shifted to the left, then there is probably a problem with the spleen, and if they are located on the right, then with the liver or gallbladder.
A person with grooves in the center between the eyebrows is often a strong-willed and purposeful person. The main character traits are: analytical mindset, attention to detail, courage, determination and responsibility.
At the current stage of development of medicine and cosmetology, it is possible not only to smooth wrinkles on the forehead, but also to undergo a qualitative examination that determines certain malfunctions in the functioning of organs and systems. The formation of wrinkles reflects mimic habits more than pathological changes in the body.
The main preventive measure against wrinkles on the forehead is the relaxation of facial muscles:
- You should not grimace, wrinkle and strain your forehead, thinking, fix the folds for a long time.
- It is necessary to regularly and efficiently care for the skin of the face, monitor your health, get rid of addictions, lead an active and healthy lifestyle, avoid frequent stress, and eat right.
- To smooth out wrinkles, a sufficient amount of fluid consumed per day plays a huge role – you need to drink 1.5-2 liters of clean water per day.
Procedures that smooth out age-related deformation of the forehead skin should be carried out regularly, combining them with home care, the use of anti-aging creams and masks. An integrated approach will help get rid of wrinkles on the forehead or make them less noticeable, slowing down the passage of time and uplifting your mood.
Author: Elena Perevertneva, cosmetologist,
specially for Mama66.ru
Useful video on how to get rid of forehead wrinkles